Notifications
Clear all

I recommend Steaming for blackheads

MemberMember
(@seductiveartistica)

Posted : 02/25/2007 3:52 pm

I bought a facial suana/steamer on Amazon and LOVE it. I wash it between uses and only use PURIFIED water. It opens my pores therefore getting rid of any debris inside of my pores. It works well for blackheads. Afterwards I recommend washing your face with COLD water to close your pores. Closing your pores reduces any irritation to acne treatments.

MemberMember
(@femme25)

Posted : 02/25/2007 5:58 pm

I heard that its a myth that pores open and close...only that they can become clogged.

MemberMember
(@b4h)

Posted : 02/25/2007 8:16 pm

it isn't a myth persay. like no they don't have front doors. but cold and heat have an affect on your skin. when your skin is cool the vessels in it are constricted.. anything below surface level in the epidermis is not exposed to air. when you get hot--vessels dilate exposing more surfaces of the epidermis--they "open" up to allow for sweating, etc.

MemberMember
(@seductiveartistica)

Posted : 02/26/2007 1:40 pm

I heard that its a myth that pores open and close...only that they can become clogged.

Any dermatologist will tell you otherwise, I know mine did. My pores def purge while steaming.

MemberMember
(@femme25)

Posted : 02/26/2007 2:53 pm

Rock on, I am learning new stuff every day around these boards!

MemberMember
(@seductiveartistica)

Posted : 02/27/2007 11:51 pm

Rock on, I am learning new stuff every day around these boards!

Me too, I love this website. I think I'm addicted! LOL.

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 03/13/2007 12:08 pm

I want one of those as well. My dad bought one and he said he would give it to me. Then my mom said, "Richard you didnt buy that! Its mine and she cannot have it."

When I saw that bitchy esthetician on Friday I asked her about steaming and she goes, "Honey that will just aggrevate your acne!" Fuck her! Im not gonna lisetn to her advice after she was so rude to my mom and I.

MemberMember
(@fantasyx5)

Posted : 11/12/2017 8:10 am

Huh!!??