Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LS1383

How to remove dark spots?

I had some acne about a year ago and after the acne went away, it left a dark spot under the skin? It usually occurs when I get the nasty cystic type acne. How would I go about removing this? I've been using hydroquinone on the spot for more than half a year and the spot is still there. Hmmmm

So this works everywhere? Because I have 3 dark spots and they look like the Bermuda Triangle. Right where my erector spinae converges with the buttocks. Argggg :lol:

I am currently using a 4% hydroquinone cream (RX only) but I got mine through a good seller on ebay under the counter. I am using it to treat age spots but it can also be used to treat acneic hyperpigmentation. It's pretty old stuff, been around, and gotten a lot of bad rap, but I like it because it's strong. No results on anything to report yet though.

A mix of

-Tretinoin 0.25%

-Hydroquinone 4%

-Hydrocortisone 1%

applied every night works wonderful (i tried myself) and there is also a study on pubmed.gov about this mix..