Notifications
Clear all

The Solution to Hypertrophic Scarring - THE VINEGAR EXPERIMENT

MemberMember
(@uzi)

Posted : 10/25/2014 2:28 pm

I have this white slightly raised scar on my hand due to self harm.. and the white raised part is a bit prominent which i wanna get rid of.. do u think this might help me?

MemberMember
(@izaban)

Posted : 06/01/2015 1:54 am

Hi, just wanted to ask people who conducted the vinegar experiment - what does your keloid look like over time? Has it gone worse or better? Did you reapply the vinegar? I've tried it a few weeks ago on my chest keloid, had a scub which I scratched away accidentally cause it was itching, it scubbed again and healed today. It looks much better than before the experiment, cause I tried fractional CO2 Lumenis Encore laser which made the keloid only worse, it was red with the very visible red vain in the middle which I don't see at all any more. The scar is more flat, therefore wider and it's probably growing cause it's itching, so I don't know if it's gonna improve or look even worse.

MemberMember
(@kimmyai)

Posted : 11/16/2016 8:52 pm

I'm currently trying this at the moment on one of my hypertrophic scars on my chest. This is somewhat my last resort since I've tried practically everything and nothing so far has worked. And after rubbing the vinegar on it, I'm actually somewhat hopeful that it'll actually work since it's breaking down the tissue. I also somewhat plan to try this on the scar on my cartilage piercing also, even if it sounds a little harsh. But like I've said I've tried many things to try to get them to go away but none of them so far have worked, so I might as well.

Edit: I tried doing the method a user posted with the hydrocolloid bandaids on the scars on my chest, the first one I rubbed over the span of a few days until it got flat and between those times I also used the bandaids, and after it was flat I left the bandage on to heal it (changing it every once and awhile) and after some time I saw that the bump was coming back. And so I tried it on another scar on my chest but this time I just rubbed at it excessively once until it was flat and used the bandaid. BUT after a week I've noticed that the bump had come back. And so now I'm going to try the posted method without the bandaid to see if the scabbing will make a difference. I have 12 scars on my back and 4 on my chest so I honestly have nothing to lose with this.

Edit 2 (02/9/17):I'm now rubbing it so the first layer of skin is rubbed away and then wait so it scabs over. I wait until the scab falls off to repeat the method. Whilst I wait I notice that the scars shrink a lot. I'm just going to continue this over and over until its completely flat. I'm also trying this on my cartilage piercings, which some might say is too harsh, but I've honestly tried everything and nothing has worked and this method is the only thing that has worked so far. I try to avoid getting the scars wet so during showers I just cover them with waterproof bandages and take them off when I'm finished.

MemberMember
(@neverforget)

Posted : 04/06/2017 6:30 am

On 17/11/2016 at 1:52 AM, Kimmyai said:

I'm currently trying this at the moment on one of my hypertrophic scars on my chest. This is somewhat my last resort since I've tried practically everything and nothing so far has worked. And after rubbing the vinegar on it, I'm actually somewhat hopeful that it'll actually work since it's breaking down the tissue. I also somewhat plan to try this on the scar on my cartilage piercing also, even if it sounds a little harsh. But like I've said I've tried many things to try to get them to go away but none of them so far have worked, so I might as well.

Edit: I tried doing the method a user posted with the hydrocolloid bandaids on the scars on my chest, the first one I rubbed over the span of a few days until it got flat and between those times I also used the bandaids, and after it was flat I left the bandage on to heal it (changing it every once and awhile) and after some time I saw that the bump was coming back. And so I tried it on another scar on my chest but this time I just rubbed at it excessively once until it was flat and used the bandaid. BUT after a week I've noticed that the bump had come back. And so now I'm going to try the posted method without the bandaid to see if the scabbing will make a difference. I have 12 scars on my back and 4 on my chest so I honestly have nothing to lose with this.

Edit 2 (02/9/17):I'm now rubbing it so the first layer of skin is rubbed away and then wait so it scabs over. I wait until the scab falls off to repeat the method. Whilst I wait I notice that the scars shrink a lot. I'm just going to continue this over and over until its completely flat. I'm also trying this on my cartilage piercings, which some might say is too harsh, but I've honestly tried everything and nothing has worked and this method is the only thing that has worked so far. I try to avoid getting the scars wet so during showers I just cover them with waterproof bandages and take them off when I'm finished.

----

Hey there,

do you have any updates as of now? Hoping you've had some success!