Notifications
Clear all

How do i get ride of hypertrophic or raised scars?

MemberMember
(@yungbuk)

Posted : 09/08/2006 11:26 am

ive had bumps on my nose for 2-3 years that are not going away. i want to get rid of them. where do i start.

MemberMember
(@scar)

Posted : 09/09/2006 6:36 pm

i have it all over my chest...

does anyone know how to get rid of them?

it really saddens me

MemberMember
(@keithr23)

Posted : 09/10/2006 12:21 am

get steroid injections, use silicone sheets, get them cut out those are your options.

MemberMember
(@rockomon123)

Posted : 09/10/2006 11:22 am

yeah, i have a raised scar also, from a cortisone injection i got from a dermatologist.. and im trying to get rid of this scar also.

MemberMember
(@jasmin)

Posted : 09/10/2006 1:40 pm

ive had bumps on my nose for 2-3 years that are not going away. i want to get rid of them. where do i start.

I went to see Dr. fitzpatrick, known as the king of lasers and he said he would inject my raised fibrotic tissue with 5 FU. I am not totally sure that is the correct name but he said it is not a steroid, he mentioned something about it being used to destroy cancerous cells. So that is another option you may want to look into.

MemberMember
(@butterflies74)

Posted : 09/10/2006 2:09 pm

Jasmin, how are you? are these scars the result of your botched exoderm by Dr. Peter Rullan? Did you hear about the girl he used as a lab rat with silicone & made gigantic bumps in her skin? Good Lord - has anyone gotten together for a class action suit. Did you ever get in touch with the person I told you about? Let me know how you're doing, please. I worry about you....

MemberMember
(@jasmin)

Posted : 09/10/2006 3:12 pm

Jasmin, how are you? are these scars the result of your botched exoderm by Dr. Peter Rullan? Did you hear about the girl he used as a lab rat with silicone & made gigantic bumps in her skin? Good Lord - has anyone gotten together for a class action suit. Did you ever get in touch with the person I told you about? Let me know how you're doing, please. I worry about you....

A dermatologist said alot of my scarring is not what they typically see with acne scars. He said I have alot of fibrotic tissue and that he did not see improvement in my previous scars from a before picture taken by Dr. Rullan. He noted that in one of the pictures that Dr. Rullan took some very subtle scars are very visible in that picture. He attributed the visibility of these scars to shadowing, and said however the scars are very subtle. He asked me if the 2 pictures of the same side of my face I showed him were taken on the same day since those subtle scars look much worse in one of the pictures.I believe this is one of Rullans bag of tricks, exaggerating the scars with shadowing to claim that his treatment greatly improved them.

There is nothing more than I would like to do at this moment than to file a class action against Dr. Rullan. I have been wishing these people would want to seriously get together. When did this happen to this girl with the silicone? After his $5000 peel made no difference in my scars and actually made things worse he tried to get me to try silicone. When I look back there were alot of red flags that I should have considered, like the fact that he used to post on these boards and actually asked me if I had been on another board called spectacular skin, where I am almost sure he had plants working for him.

He told me he cares about us and mentioned he is a born again christian. It is unbelievable to me that people like him can sleep at night despite hurting people who are desperate and depressed about their appearance just to make a nice profit. The exoderm is really one of the most torturous procedures one can go through. It is just plain cruel to subject people to such a difficult treatment with the promise of great improvements to deliver negligable results and in many cases worst looking skin with more permanent damage.

Despite all the warnings I have put on spectacular skin regarding this treatment you still get a posters asking about this treatment and mentioning TINaSuz's great success. This is typical of plants trying to regenerate interest in this dangerous, torturous, expensive treatment. DR. Rullan said he has never seen hypopigmentation on the face with this treatment but I doubt I was the only unlucky patient of his who experienced this side effect on top of the fibrotic tissue.

Believe me I will never get tired of warning people about this treatment.

MemberMember
(@keithr23)

Posted : 09/10/2006 5:11 pm

Yeah I think that Dr. Rullan is a joke. When I first posted a year ago about dermabrasion someone from his office emailed me and started talking about getting exoderm done. As I recall there were tons of people jumping on that wagon adn nobody ever ahd any real improvments. But yeah everyone loves Dr. Y too even though he does anyone that wants a dermabrasion without testing a spot regardless of skin color.

So with that said I would say anyone advertising isnt worth a crap as they would not have to do this if they were any good.

Good luck to u all

MemberMember
(@scar)

Posted : 09/10/2006 7:28 pm

how much is it for cortisone injections and cutting them out anyways?

MemberMember
(@keithr23)

Posted : 09/10/2006 9:22 pm

I paid $75 for a kenalog injection and $50 to have the scar excised.

MemberMember
(@scar)

Posted : 09/11/2006 7:55 pm

I paid $75 for a kenalog injection and $50 to have the scar excised.

oh okay

thats not bad i guess

but i have them all over my chest

i gotta mutiply them by at least 10

haha

MemberMember
(@jasmin)

Posted : 09/11/2006 9:30 pm

Yeah I think that Dr. Rullan is a joke. When I first posted a year ago about dermabrasion someone from his office emailed me and started talking about getting exoderm done. As I recall there were tons of people jumping on that wagon adn nobody ever ahd any real improvments. But yeah everyone loves Dr. Y too even though he does anyone that wants a dermabrasion without testing a spot regardless of skin color.

So with that said I would say anyone advertising isnt worth a crap as they would not have to do this if they were any good.

Good luck to u all

I am not surprised they emailed you to try to get desperate posters money for their worthless treatment. You are right if he was any good he would not go through such sleazy tactics.

MemberMember
(@butterflies74)

Posted : 09/11/2006 11:22 pm

Jasmin, pm me if you want the names of 2 people Rullan has screwed up within the past year - one with silicone and the other with kenalog, big bumps and giant dents where once there was smooth skin...

MemberMember
(@jasmin)

Posted : 09/11/2006 11:42 pm

Jasmin, pm me if you want the names of 2 people Rullan has screwed up within the past year - one with silicone and the other with kenalog, big bumps and giant dents where once there was smooth skin...

Hi I just sent you an email through this forum yesterday. I would really like to hear from you.

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 09/12/2006 1:14 pm

Jasmin, let us know how your injection with 5 FU turns out, I have a wider scar with raised tissue I would like to flatten out. I had the kenalog injections which were not beneficial and I think detrimental to my pitted scarring. I wonder if the 5 FU would do the same since my dented and raised area are connected and hard to treat. Also I can't believe Dr. Rullan, he sounds truly evil I hope everyone who searches for him on the net runs across this board and his practice really suffers.

MemberMember
(@kevmartinez928)

Posted : 12/10/2018 4:16 pm

Dr Peter Rullan screwed me over as well in regards to injecting silicone in me. Have had multiple surgeries to try to remove the silicone.