Notifications
Clear all

How much Aloe Vera has improved your pimples and red marks?

MemberMember
(@nyccc)

Posted : 02/13/2010 4:26 pm

I got some aloe vera gel yesterday that is 99%.

So far, I love it and I feel like it has already helped my redmarks!

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 12/31/2010 3:37 pm

in my experiance aloe vera gel tends to really dry out the skin. which is why in the winter time for me its not really good. even in conjunction with oils it tends to try out my skin a lot and i have very oily skin.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/31/2010 11:50 pm

i thought aloe vera was a natural moisturizer? I am so confused, some people say it dries out there skin while others say it moisturizes. WHICH ONE IS IT!

also, i would love if someone could tell me how exactly i should be applying the aloe vera gel on my face? I cut the leaf from the plant, than take the skin out wihth a knife, and then i rub the gel on my hands and than on my face (it doesn't feel like i am even getting a lot of the gel on my face when i do this).

Any better methods?

MemberMember
(@aryo)

Posted : 01/23/2011 12:32 pm

Hi.

Im new to this site

i just toght i could help if i reply to this post.

I used aloe vera gel from the plant only two nights and it really worked. I used it at night aplying all over my face. After 2days it really worked. I used it for the few red marks that was left after few pimples. My entire face is shining and it feels like baby skin. My red marks are almost gone.

I leave the gel on my face for the night and i wash it away in morning. Im gonna use it every day. I really love it

I recomnend it strongly to every one.

Enjoy life.

MemberMember
(@b1ue)

Posted : 01/23/2011 12:36 pm

i love aloe vera i've been just putting some all over my face and leaving it for a while, especially if its like red or irritated, seems to be good at calming redness and getting rid of acne scars, however I don't really think it would be good to use for getting rid of acne itself... my face seems to love it tho

and don't use it as a moisturizer... you can mix it with your moisturizer or put it on after your moisturizer if u want tho

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 01/23/2011 1:21 pm

I used a 100 percent aloe vera gel, assuming that it meant all natural but it wasn't, and I had great results initially. I haven't used the organic stuff though. Basically, it would dramatically reduce the redness of any active, except for cysts. The organic stuff is supposed to be slightly moisturizing, but I found this stuff to be drying and applied it before a moisturizer as a type of toner.

MemberMember
(@tangerine)

Posted : 01/23/2011 1:42 pm

I put aloe vera on every night after I wash my face, and then just rinse it off in the morning. My red marks do seem to fade quickly, and I think it really helps with small inflammations that may start... like if something small is beginning to form during the day, the aloe will soothe it so much that it's nothing in the morning.

Of course, I think this works better if you're also eating a healthy diet and keeping your emotions in check. When my acne was really bad, I think it was less effective.

But I do really love the aloe! I think it is definitely worth trying!

Although I do find that it is a bit drying actually, now that it's winter. But I don't want to stop using it! It was really great in the summer. I've added some jojoba oil in now, to make it more moisturizing.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/26/2011 6:42 pm

i thought aloe vera was a natural moisturizer? I am so confused, some people say it dries out there skin while others say it moisturizes. WHICH ONE IS IT!

also, i would love if someone could tell me how exactly i should be applying the aloe vera gel on my face? I cut the leaf from the plant, than take the skin out wihth a knife, and then i rub the gel on my hands and than on my face (it doesn't feel like i am even getting a lot of the gel on my face when i do this).

Any better methods?

yea lol thats rly weird, i myself actually dunno, sometimes it feels drying, sometimes moisturizing, i cant rly figure myself @_@ maybe its tightening? dunno..

anywayz the way u do it is too much hassle imo, i just take a leave, store it in icecream box :3 (no icecream in it tho :<) n whenever i wanna use it, i just cut a piece 2cm in lenght (0,8 inch?) if its like 1 cm thick, if its less thick then maybe longer etc..anywayz, so yea u cut a piece, n then u rly thinnly cut off 1 of the sharp sides, n then accurately cut it in half from that side, yet dont split it completely, basically so that u can open it kinda like book, and then just take it at the other sharp side and apply all over etc.

damn i hope i made it somewhat clear .__. anyhow imo this is the easiest, no hassle way, also u can squezze out more aloe juice without touching the pulp thing this way, so its cleaner too..

MemberMember
(@simplepimple)

Posted : 02/27/2011 5:05 pm

So I shouldn't use Aloe Vera gel all over my face, as a moisturizer? Why?

MemberMember
(@gayu)

Posted : 03/07/2011 12:45 am

Does aloe vera (fresh extract frm plant) dry ur skin. SOme say it moisturises, while others say it dries out skin. which is correct?

Also I had been using aloevera earlier for over 5 months. I had wonderful results. it reduced my scars & made my skin glow. In winter I discontinued d usage n started using it again 20 days back.

but now I'm having acne all over my face.(I put aloevera in night n wash my face in morning).

I dont what went wrong now?

MemberMember
(@rockets)

Posted : 03/07/2011 3:05 am

In my experience, Aloe Vera really never helped for acne. However, it did make my skin appear healthier and smoother. I would say it does dry out the skin a bit.

MemberMember
(@dimples2)

Posted : 03/08/2011 6:06 pm

I have read some threads about Aloe Vera here but there isnt many people to give feedback about how much (how many percentages) the Aloe Vera gel helps in diminishing red marks left by pimples.

I really hope those who used Aloe Verea gel before can spend some time to put your feedbacks here, appreciate.

Try lavender oil!!! It helps with inflamation and with old scars. I have tried aloe vera, but it isn't as effective as lavender oil. Aloe vera helps with inflamation after several appplications and a little bit with old scars, but you can really feel the difference right away after one application of lavender oil. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@wicky)

Posted : 03/08/2011 8:23 pm

it definetly dries out your face. Ive used both the plant and the 99%gel and boy are they both drying. It will take the redness out immediately if my face is red after washing but for me who already has dry skin and deals with congestion and plugged pores it makes me worse.

MemberMember
(@thismission)

Posted : 05/13/2011 10:33 am

I have read some threads about Aloe Vera here but there isnt many people to give feedback about how much (how many percentages) the Aloe Vera gel helps in diminishing red marks left by pimples.

I really hope those who used Aloe Verea gel before can spend some time to put your feedbacks here, appreciate.

Try lavender oil!!! It helps with inflamation and with old scars. I have tried aloe vera, but it isn't as effective as lavender oil. Aloe vera helps with inflamation after several appplications and a little bit with old scars, but you can really feel the difference right away after one application of lavender oil. Hope this helps!

When you apply the aloe vera gel did it make your face turn red? I recently decided to try it and that had happened to me. So I'm wondering if I might be allergic or is that normal?

MemberMember
(@sooj12)

Posted : 05/22/2011 8:47 pm

i've been using aloe vera gel from the aloe vera plant for about 4 weeks and it had its ups and downs

if you have really dry skin, do not sleep with aloe vera on your face

it might work better if you use a moisturizer with it but didn't try it

i have really dry skin and i read that sleeping with aloe vera on your face and washing your face in the morning is good and that it will treat my dry skin and acne but TOTALLY WRONG

it made my face more dried and my face felt disgusting after i washed my face in the morning

in the beginning i was able to see that my acne was getting a little better but later on i felt like it was getting worse

i stopped doing this routine after 2 1/2 weeks because i couldn't stand the dryness (i must say that i've never felt my face so dry in my life)

what i've been doing is putting aloe vera only on my pimples once i feel like it's starting to grow

i've been putting aloe vera on the pimple about 3 times a day or more and it really helps

it really does help with acne scars as well

do not use aloe vera as a moisturizer! (well..i guess it depends on the type of skin)

also another thing that i've been doing as well is after i wash my face at night i put aloe vera on and keep it on for about 10 mins

afterwards i wash my face in cold water and put lotion on

i've done this a few times after i stopped my routine of sleeping with it on

i guess there's no way to get rid of my acne though

sad..

MemberMember
(@siddyy)

Posted : 11/23/2011 2:15 pm

i use the aloe vera cream. and aloe vera plant as a scrub. i get a baby brush and put some of the plant betweens the brushes. and now my red marks have gone even my old ones. the brushing effect removes any dead skin cells. i use the aha peel too

MemberMember
(@miss-mae)

Posted : 01/06/2012 2:24 am

Hello there. I've had horrid acne for about seven years. My skin was super oily and sensitive to sunlight, with acne primarily on my cheeks, and around my mouth - especially around the time of my period, as well as very easily clogged pores around and on my nose, and skin constantly red, inflamed, and sore.

I have been using a holistic regimen - product free! - for nearly a month and I am so surprised and ecstatic over the results. This is what I do, am and pm:

1. Wash my face with coconut oil

2. Exfoliate softly with baking soda

3. Moisturize with raw apple cider vinegar, followed by aloe Vera juice.

I have noticed that my skin is hydrated but not oily in the least bit, the redness is almost nonexistent, and my acne is contained and lessening daily. I added the aloe Vera juice five days ago. Even my deep, purple acne scars are not so visible. I can't quite tell if the scars themselves are being reduced, but I sure don't see them as clearly. My skin is glowing and it doesn't hurt!

For the aloe Vera juice, I happened to come across a huge aloe leaf at the Indian Market near my house. I shaved off the green skin and cut up the gel, and keep it in a jar. The juice seeps out immediately so I'd do this quickly.

I should also express that I'm vegan and eating a mostly raw diet, upping my water intake, and exercising regularly. Not everyone should exfoliate daily, but I find that I require it. If exfoliating too often irritates your skin, I'd recommend only doing that once a week. Apple cider vinegar and aloe Vera juice are hanging my skin! Give this a go and please post how it goes for you! Best of luck!

I forgot to clarify: I only exfoliate at night.

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 01/22/2012 8:39 pm

I started using aloe vera (fresh) as spot treatment! Finally won't use BP.. I've been using the proactiv BP lotion on pimples, but I don't want chemical on my skins.. so I did research.. I'm glad it is here on Acne.org! I haven't been here in a while. But yeah, I will use this as a spot treatment.. we'll see how it works! I will apply a bit on scars,redmark, and zits.. but I am going to apply a few times on pimples.. probably 2-3 times a day. If I think a pimple is forming, I will apply a bit there.. let's see what this thing can do!! My BP lotion failed to stop pimples from forming.. :\

PS: I'm a vegan and I mostly eat raw foods. I also exercise and drink water.

My skin looks so smooth, but I do still break out sometimes.. this gene thing sucks.. smile.png My Dad had acne before and so my grandpa and aunts..

They all stopped getting acne around into their 20's.. I'm 25, so I might be close to stop breaking out.. ;| hopefully..

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 01/28/2012 10:34 am

Hello there. I've had horrid acne for about seven years. My skin was super oily and sensitive to sunlight, with acne primarily on my cheeks, and around my mouth - especially around the time of my period, as well as very easily clogged pores around and on my nose, and skin constantly red, inflamed, and sore.

I have been using a holistic regimen - product free! - for nearly a month and I am so surprised and ecstatic over the results. This is what I do, am and pm:

1. Wash my face with coconut oil

2. Exfoliate softly with baking soda

3. Moisturize with raw apple cider vinegar, followed by aloe Vera juice.

I have noticed that my skin is hydrated but not oily in the least bit, the redness is almost nonexistent, and my acne is contained and lessening daily. I added the aloe Vera juice five days ago. Even my deep, purple acne scars are not so visible. I can't quite tell if the scars themselves are being reduced, but I sure don't see them as clearly. My skin is glowing and it doesn't hurt!

For the aloe Vera juice, I happened to come across a huge aloe leaf at the Indian Market near my house. I shaved off the green skin and cut up the gel, and keep it in a jar. The juice seeps out immediately so I'd do this quickly. I do use BP just on zits before I apply aloe vera, but going to stop applying.

I should also express that I'm vegan and eating a mostly raw diet, upping my water intake, and exercising regularly. Not everyone should exfoliate daily, but I find that I require it. If exfoliating too often irritates your skin, I'd recommend only doing that once a week. Apple cider vinegar and aloe Vera juice are hanging my skin! Give this a go and please post how it goes for you! Best of luck!

I forgot to clarify: I only exfoliate at night.

So you apply Apple cider vinegar on entire face and then apply aloe vera on entire face too?

I've been applying baking soda like once and twice a week (I started 2 weeks ago) and I apply aloe vera only on zits in the morning, but at nght, I apply it on my entire face and leave it on overnight. I do watch my face with Dr. Bronner soap which has coconut oil, olive, jojoba,.. before I apply aloe the good news is that my skin looks normal! Very smooth. However, I am breaking out pretty bad in one area, around my mouth. Oh, and I'm a vegan raw. smile.png

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 01/30/2012 5:54 pm

Aloe Vera

Tea Tree oil

Jojoba Oil

Lavender Oil

Coconut Oil

what else? theres too many of them, I have only tried the first 2. Realized that my skin was senstiive to tea tree and aloe vera didn't really have much effect.

What does the rest do? Which ones the best?

MemberMember
(@jenny-komic)

Posted : 10/10/2012 2:00 pm

You have to mix tea tree with jojoba oil. One tea spoon of jojoba and few drops of Tea Tree. But my favorites are Neem Oil and Turmeric - you can apply neem oil on your acne or mix it with turmeric powder. As for Aloe Vera there is only one bran I am using for years - Forever Living. This is raw aloe gel taken from the leaf and not as other store brands that have leafs in it. leaf is mostly probiotic. I am drinking Aloe every day for past 6 years and I never felt better. And I usr their Aloe Gel for my facials or other skin issues. I even became distributor so if you ever need somethign from them, let me know and I'll send you info.