Notifications
Clear all

How to heal pie/reduce redness? 1 year with no results and getting worse.

MemberMember
(@eric98)

Posted : 08/27/2018 12:55 pm

Hi all,

I have had pie for about a year now, after I made the mistake of popping and irritating a cyst. The PIE has gotten worse over a year, even though I've taken care to moisturize and avoid UV sunlight.
I've also applied 4% panoxyl BP to treat other acne spots. The first image is the pie from a year ago, and the next 2 pictures of are my pie now. I was wondering how long it could take to heal the pie and how I can reduce the redness. Should I seek professional treatment, or should I wait it out longer? I feel as though I'm making no progress with this, as acne and this pie has always been on my temples.  

5b843a0e1ecaa_ScreenShot2018-08-27at1_47_13PM.png.51d1d9f07ae5d746eb86c2a4f6b4cff1.pngIMG_3921.thumb.jpg.6a3559d4bb495c381029fd95a571ec45.jpgIMG_3927.thumb.jpg.16e4e13e77740db637026bca542e1262.jpg

MemberMember
(@usama)

Posted : 09/19/2018 6:50 pm

I had alot of these marks on my cheeks after taking accutane for 3 months.
first you have to treat your acne first, about the redmarks which is (pie) i had microneedling with prp i had scars also and after 3 weeks i had ipl, rf microneedling with prp and red light therapy and my marks improved about 70% :)

Eric98 liked
MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 09/25/2018 12:37 pm

Some of these things you may be doing, but I'd advice trying these steps first before you go for laster treatments. If they don't get rid of the issue completely, ask your dermatologist about lasers.

First, don't pop or pick at any active acne breakouts, this can irritate the skin and push more bacteria into the wound. Also, avoid scrubbing these areas, since physical exfoliation is can cause unnecessarydamage.

Don't use cleansers that contain sulphates or have high pH levels. Higher pH levels creates a favorable for bacteria, and therefore acne, to thrive. Use chemical exfoliates that gently remove dead skin cells from your skin's surface.

Don't use toners with alcohols or other astringents. They will dry out your skin and cause it to produce more oil. Use a gentle toner that cleans the skin without stripping it of moisture.

Always, always wear sunscreen to protect your skin, sun exposure can darken the marks.

If nothing helps, seeing a dermatologist might be the best course of action.

Good luck.

Eric98 liked