Notifications
Clear all

Please help are these scars or hiperpigmentarion?:(

MemberMember
(@menomeno28)

Posted : 06/17/2016 12:53 am

I have been breaking out alot recently this is my second year dealing with acn© but this year it turned pretty severe i just wanted to know what kind of marks are they please:(

2016-06-16-22-46-41.png

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 06/17/2016 1:19 am

Its hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like you have a combination of active acne and hyperpigmentation. Its possible you may have some shallow scarring or ice pick scarring, but I am only speculating as I cannot tell from this picture alone. Given the severity though I would strongly urge to either consider a combination of benzoyl peroxide in the day time, retinoid at night, and an antibiotic like Minocycline or Bactrim; Or you can consider going on accutane.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@menomeno28)

Posted : 06/17/2016 5:58 am

4 hours ago, asburypark101 said:

Its hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like you have a combination of active acne and hyperpigmentation. Its possible you may have some shallow scarring or ice pick scarring, but I am only speculating as I cannot tell from this picture alone. Given the severity though I would strongly urge to either consider a combination of benzoyl peroxide in the day time, retinoid at night, and an antibiotic like Minocycline or Bactrim; Or you can consider going on accutane.

Thnx for your advice ill try it;),the only thing ive used on my skin is sulfur soap which i think has made my hyperpigmentation stay longer i havnt tried anything else because of lack of money but ill see what i can do

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 06/17/2016 6:52 am

The redness is temporary, however I do see some pitting. You should visit your dermatologist, otherwise acne is going to continue to form and may potentially cause more scarring. Remember, prevention is ALWAYS better than the cure.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/17/2016 1:27 pm

Agreed with both posters. You'll want to get your acne under control first and worry about fading the marks later. Most of those marks will fade on their own within a year or so, and there are treatment add-ons for down the road like AHA which can really help speed up the process. A course of minocycline and a retinoid like tretinoin might be just the thing for you, along with a BP regimen to help prevent future breakouts. Antibiotics and retinoid creams are usually covered by most insurances. The Acne.Org Regimen helps even the most stubborn cystic acne, and no prescription is needed. My son used all three treatment options (BP, mino, and tretinoin) and is now clear today! |::)

MemberMember
(@christopher78910)

Posted : 06/22/2016 4:21 pm

It's both 
the complete centre is a scar whilst most of the others are hyperpigmentation
I have the same thing got all of that within 1 monthIMG_20160623_000819.jpg

MemberMember
(@menomeno28)

Posted : 06/22/2016 10:21 pm

Are you using anything?

5 hours ago, Christopher78910 said:

It's both