Notifications
Clear all

Why is it taking so long for red marks to fade?

MemberMember
(@facialdream25)

Posted : 05/30/2016 9:59 pm

I have literally had several of these pink/red acne marks for a good 2 years, at least. Everywhere i read it says they WILL fade with time but i am starting to believe that's bs and these are permanent.

My marks stretch from near my mouth to the upper-side cheeks on both sides of my face. I have fair skin and i have a face lotion with 30 SPF that i use everyday. (but i dont go out into the sun much anyway)

I have used lemon juice, taken vitamin C(and i still do), tried tretinoin and philosophy's microderm peel. Nothing works.

Are IPL's really my only choice? This sucks so much i cannot believe i have to deal with these marks for so long, its a total self-esteem killer.

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 06/01/2016 12:48 am

On 5/31/2016 at 7:59 PM, FacialDream25 said:

I have literally had several of these pink/red acne marks for a good 2 years, at least. Everywhere i read it says they WILL fade with time but i am starting to believe that's bs and these are permanent.

My marks stretch from near my mouth to the upper-side cheeks on both sides of my face. I have fair skin and i have a face lotion with 30 SPF that i use everyday. (but i dont go out into the sun much anyway)

I have used lemon juice, taken vitamin C(and i still do), tried tretinoin and philosophy's microderm peel. Nothing works.

Are IPL's really my only choice? This sucks so much i cannot believe i have to deal with these marks for so long, its a total self-esteem killer.

If they are red/pink, I would recommend either Vbeam (non-prupuric) or Excel V (Excel V is more gentle on the skin and has more affinity for red/pink) as these two lasers have less side effects compared to the IPL. Not sure why your red marks are still present as the only thing I can think of is that you may have been getting underlying zits where the red marks are or you are doing too much and irritating your skin instead. But if you do choose to go to laser, I would recommend either Vbeam (non-prupuric) or Excel V.