Notifications
Clear all

Red Mark Treatment

MemberMember
(@theguy123)

Posted : 08/11/2015 8:43 am

I have got off on roaccutane (a.k.a accutane) about 1 week ago. My spots have cleared up and I haven't had any spots in about 5/6 weeks. However, I have really bad bright red marks on both cheeks leftover from acne. My cheeks feel completely smooth so the marks are just visual. I am 18 and starting university in 1 month and really want these marks to fade. How long will these marks take to fade on their own? I am buying Obagi Nuderm cream for 400 to reduce hyperpigmentation, how long will this take to work and fade these marks?

MemberMember
(@theguy123)

Posted : 08/14/2015 6:41 am

Bump...

MemberMember
(@theguy123)

Posted : 08/19/2015 7:53 pm

Is anyone going to reply??

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/20/2015 7:29 am

It depends on how dark your marks already are. Obviously the further the color is from the rest of your skin tone, the longer it will take. If you got pics it would help.

Also peoples skin lightens at different paces.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 08/20/2015 12:07 pm

I have got off on roaccutane (a.k.a accutane) about 1 week ago. My spots have cleared up and I haven't had any spots in about 5/6 weeks. However, I have really bad bright red marks on both cheeks leftover from acne. My cheeks feel completely smooth so the marks are just visual. I am 18 and starting university in 1 month and really want these marks to fade. How long will these marks take to fade on their own? I am buying Obagi Nuderm cream for 400 to reduce hyperpigmentation, how long will this take to work and fade these marks?

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/20/2015 12:18 pm

Obagi Nuderm cream for 400

MemberMember
(@theguy123)

Posted : 08/20/2015 12:45 pm

Well I'm buying the cream tomorrow. The results seem quite good from what I found? I have tried so many different products and none of them work. I start uni in 3 three weeks and I don't know what to do?? One cheek the marks are just red and the other cheek is red and some are a bit darker.

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/20/2015 1:49 pm

You're being gouged for something you can get for far, far less, their markup is utterly insane and the only reason people are paying that much is out of sheer ignorance and/or brand recognition.

The centerpiece of the NuDerm system is tretinoin, which you can buy generic versions of for under $50. Hell, you can find some for under $20. And guess what? It will work EXACTLY the same as the Obagi-branded one.

Combine that with (homemade) Vitamin C serum and 15% TCA peels and you're golden, that's ALL you'll need to fade PIH and it shouldn't cost you more than $100 in total.

MemberMember
(@mmo0690)

Posted : 08/20/2015 2:21 pm

Hi, topical vitamin c helps for me.

MemberMember
(@theguy123)

Posted : 08/20/2015 4:28 pm

I have decided against the 400 creams. What product do you guys recommend? As treatment such as laser etc is off the table as I move 4 hours away in 3 weeks for uni. The marks on 1 cheek are just red and feel smooth and the other cheek the marks are red and some darker and feels smooth.

MemberMember
(@dan-crow)

Posted : 08/21/2015 10:04 am

The most important step is keeping new acne from forming. Then you can focus on getting rid of the red marks. I found time is the best way to fade them but I know most people want to get rid of them asap. You could use a gentle BHA or AHA exfoliator I really like Paula's choice. And remember, to always apply sunscreen so the red marks don't get worse. Its important to protect your skin

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 08/21/2015 9:34 pm

Vbeam....

MemberMember
(@theguy123)

Posted : 08/23/2015 3:36 pm

Update: I just wanted to say thanks for the replies. You guys influenced me from not getting the Obagi Nuderm for 400 which is a good thing after I done lots of research. I am currently drinking around 3-5 litres of water per day, 3 cups of green tea, exfoliating my skin and then applying serum topical vitamin C to my marks once per day, also I'm getting 11/12 hours sleep per night as I'm on holidays! How long do you expect for this routine to do some improvement? The majority of my marks are red(NOT bright red!) and some are darker.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/24/2015 9:45 am

Update: I just wanted to say thanks for the replies. You guys influenced me from not getting the Obagi Nuderm for 400 which is a good thing after I done lots of research. I am currently drinking around 3-5 litres of water per day, 3 cups of green tea, exfoliating my skin and then applying serum topical vitamin C to my marks once per day, also I'm getting 11/12 hours sleep per night as I'm on holidays! How long do you expect for this routine to do some improvement? The majority of my marks are red(NOT bright red!) and some are darker.

anywhere from 3-6 months if you don't break out anymore.

MemberMember
(@theguy123)

Posted : 08/24/2015 12:42 pm

Yeah my spots have stopped(hopefully) due to accutane. Most of the marks are red about 80% but some are purple about 20%. How long do you reckon it will take for the purple ones? Thanks.

MemberMember
(@sassypear)

Posted : 08/24/2015 11:54 pm

I have persistent red/purple marks and they take around a year and a half to go away by themselves. If your red marks are affecting your well-being, you should look into getting IPL or Vbeam treatment.