Notifications
Clear all

Vitamins\natural/safe Methods For Scarring And Hyperpigmentation

MemberMember
(@frustrated1985)

Posted : 08/05/2015 1:18 pm

What are some vitamins to help with acne and hyperpigmentation and their brands? Has anyone here had success using sea salt or dead sea salt for for their red marks and so on? I'm worried about doing peels and other treatments for fear of breaking out even worse due to extremely sensitive skin.

My acne and scarring are mostly localized on my back. Frustrating because the healing period for me is so long with these red marks and dark marks.

Thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 08/05/2015 8:10 pm

The acne is on your back!! Are you sweating a lot? I had back acne and got rid of it by washing with antibacterial soap twice daily and wearing a antibacterial deodorant roll on called Nivea men 48 hr silver protect,also I think this helped the most I started to get sun on my back everyday not enough to burn about 10 minutes.

MemberMember
(@factoid)

Posted : 08/05/2015 9:03 pm

You shouldn't be using anti-bacterial soap, it applies selective pressure to P.acnes and can cause them to become resistant over time. Not saying its inevitable but it has been known to happen and worst-case scenario is your skin gets colonized by Super-Acne that will laugh at all your pathetic attempts to kill it.

Besides, there isn't evidence that AB soap is any more effective than regular soap.

In fact, there currently is no evidence that over-the-counter (OTC) antibacterial soap products are any more effective at preventing illness than washing with plain soap and water, says Colleen Rogers, Ph.D., a lead microbiologist at FDA.

Moreover, antibacterial soap products contain chemical ingredients, such as triclosan and triclocarban, which may carry unnecessary risks given that their benefits are unproven.

"New data suggest that the risks associated with long-term, daily use of antibacterial soaps may outweigh the benefits," Rogers says. There are indications that certain ingredients in these soaps may contribute to bacterial resistance to antibiotics, and may have unanticipated hormonal effects that are of concern to FDA.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm378393.htm

MemberMember
(@tevez)

Posted : 08/06/2015 4:38 am

It worked for me washing with antibacterial soap and sunlight will control it,if it's really bad get some antibiotics from the doctors to get everything under control