Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scar/red Marks On Forehead

MemberMember
(@gbaby28)

Posted : 03/13/2015 12:49 am

Hi all I'm new to forum. I've had these red marks/scars on my forehead for about 2 years. I think they were once pimples but I guessed they flattened out from wearing my hat all the time. I play baseball and I wash my hat all the time but I keep getting forehead and eyebrow acne. I don't know how to get rid of it? Is there a procedure to get rid of them without leaving these marks behind? I just want to know if these are scars on my forehead or flattened acne and how I can get rid of them. They definitely don't feel like they're dented in either, it just feels flattened. Any advice on removing these marks/scars and the new pimples that keep coming in? THANKS GUYS I APPRECIATE IT!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 03/13/2015 7:33 am

Red marks/hyperpigmentation from old acne are not true acne scars and do fade on their own eventually. To speed up the process, you could try a chemical exfoliator like Acne.Org AHA+ (10% glycolic acid). AHA sloughs off dead skin fairly rapidly, making way for new skin, which helps the marks fade faster. If you try this product, I'd recommend starting with a pea-size portion mixed with LOTS of moisturizer to start, and work your way up to using a 50/50 mix, depending on what your skin can handle. It's a pretty strong formula and can sting the skin so most members prefer to dilute it. However, some members use straight AHA+ 2-3 times a week in place of their moisturizer. My son began using AHA+ a couple of months ago and it's cleared up most of the red marks on his forehead beautifully, almost to where you can hardly tell he had acne here.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :)