Notifications
Clear all

How To Delete Red Marks?

MemberMember
(@raf97)

Posted : 03/25/2014 9:27 am

How can i delete my red marks? I'm really sad because I think that without these red marks, I wouldn't have acne because I have not so much active pimples, but only a lot of red marks that make the situation appear worse than what it really is.

I've been using benzoyl peroxide for a year (and I still use it), topical isotretinoin (isotrex) for 3 months and it gave me only a terrible initial breakout, and now I'm using topical tretinoin (retin-a 0.05%)

How can I delete these horrible red marks? Will tretinoin really help? Should I stop to use all these creams (thaT DIDN'T HELP ME ?????)

Please help me, an advice.. something! Thank you!

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 03/25/2014 11:33 am

Oh..dear. If i find the answer to this question i would be very happy. I also have only red marks at the moment. What i put on ? Eveything i even suspect it might do smth ( and is not harmful). So, here is my list: raw potato, lavender and geranium oil, apple cider vinegar, lactic acid peel, vicks, msm cream (recently). Results: not significant. I am going to try snail cream and an enzyme pumkin mask. Overall i think that if you arent very sensitive aha will do some work. I am still searching for the overnight miracle stuff!!!!

MemberMember
(@savvylemming)

Posted : 03/26/2014 4:19 pm

Kojic acid soap. Was pretty much 100% clear in 2 months and any new ones I got were gone in only 2ish weeks

MemberMember
(@adrian2040)

Posted : 03/27/2014 3:44 am

I think you should talk to your dermatologist to put you on higher concentration of Tretinoin, like 0.1%. It does help with the red marks but it takes time to see results. My red marks disappeared when I used it along with a Kojic Acid soap that I used everyday.

Oh and I read that Benzoyl Peroxide prolongs the appearance of red marks that's why I decided to stop using it and also because it didn't work for me, hehe. I'm not sure about this though, I just read it in this forum. You can also try AHA. :)

MemberMember
(@livefreealways)

Posted : 04/08/2014 11:47 am

I think you should talk to your dermatologist to put you on higher concentration of Tretinoin, like 0.1%. It does help with the red marks but it takes time to see results. My red marks disappeared when I used it along with a Kojic Acid soap that I used everyday.

Oh and I read that Benzoyl Peroxide prolongs the appearance of red marks that's why I decided to stop using it and also because it didn't work for me, hehe. I'm not sure about this though, I just read it in this forum. You can also try AHA.

how long did your marks take to fade? and did your regimen make your acne go away too?

is your face clear now or do you still get acne?

MemberMember
(@adrian2040)

Posted : 04/08/2014 8:57 pm

Oh and I read that Benzoyl Peroxide prolongs the appearance of red marks that's why I decided to stop using it and also because it didn't work for me, hehe. I'm not sure about this though, I just read it in this forum. You can also try AHA.

how long did your marks take to fade? and did your regimen make your acne go away too?

is your face clear now or do you still get acne?

Like 2 months, I guess. The tretinoin did help fade the redmarks but I feel like it was also the kojic acid soap I used that did most of it. It inhibits the melanin production which gives color or pigment to your skin and it's a mild exfoliant. So, i'm giving credits to both tretinoin and kojic acid soap.

Yes, I stopped using benzoyl peroxide late February this year and went back to my old routine which cleared me before. And I must say that I made the right decision, my face is clear now, better than ever. I still get like 1-2 tiny pimples sometimes but after 2-3 days it's completely gone. I have a lot of redmarks right now though, i'm just waiting till i can add kojic acid soap or AHA to my routine again.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/08/2014 9:16 pm

time