Notifications
Clear all

Red Marks Question

MemberMember
(@w140v12)

Posted : 07/10/2013 4:54 pm

Hi guys, new here.

After getting rid of acne I've been left with several red marks/hyper-pigmentation.

They're not really that noticeable, and there isn't much, but I'd really like to get rid of it.

I've spent the last year in Gran Canaria, where my family originate from. Came back here to London after my long holiday with an awesome looking tan. Been building it up for ages! :)

I've been researching how to get rid of these red marks on my skin, and it seems the only ways of getting rid of them are either to bleach the skin, accelerate regeneration of skin cell reproduction, or to exfoliate or to "buff" away the the skin affected by the hyper-pigmentation.

Now as I said, I've been building up this tan for ages, and it looks great. Wouldn't the above treatment methods ruin and fade away my tan? Is there anyway to go about this without bleaching or buffing away the skin I've spent so long getting brown?

Was wondering if there was any other solution that didn't involve that, maybe one where you could treat only the marks directly rather than over your whole face?

Not sure, could really use your insight here. Would really appreciate any ideas or advice.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/10/2013 9:21 pm

Time will fade them. Bad news though, if your looking to fade them quickly you need to use one of the methods your mentioned. Another bad factor for that tan of yours, your really just making the red marks last ages longer. The reason they look like they have faded is actually not the factor if you are spending time in the sun. What is actually happening is your other skin is getting darker thus becoming a closer match to your Hyperpigmentaion. Tanning will only make them darker and last longer. Using a SPF daily will help them fade on their owns, with time. Otherwise aha has done a wonderful job at fading my red marks, Dans AHA from this site is fantastic at fading red marks. Ive bleached with Hydroquinone didn't work. I've used retin a didn't work. As a last ditch effort I ordered the aha and in a month my marks have faded 80% at least. I was shocked. I also use neutrogena SPF daily to make sure my marks don't return. Suck for the tan but good for your skin. Not to mention the harm to much sun can cause.

MemberMember
(@w140v12)

Posted : 07/11/2013 5:35 am

Time will fade them.

How long do you think? I mean I don't have many, and they're not that obvious.

>>>Bad news though, if your looking to fade them quickly you need to use one of the methods your mentioned. Another bad factor for that tan of yours, your really just making the red marks last ages longer.

Oh. sad.png

What is this AHA you speak of? Don't these treatments pose more of a risk is you in the sun?

Thanks for commenting smile.png

MemberMember
(@like-moonlight)

Posted : 07/11/2013 9:14 pm

As for how long.. Anywhere from 6 months to a year year in half if you are using SPF daily.

I'll provide a link to the aha I am talking about, and yes you are correct using products can pose a risk in the sun, which brings us back to SPF again. If you protect your skin the aha would not be a issue.

http://www.danielkern.com/product-p/aha-6.htm

MemberMember
(@w140v12)

Posted : 07/12/2013 4:30 pm

Ok fantastic, thank you ;)