Notifications
Clear all

I think the WORST PART about red marks is...

MemberMember
(@toona_kasseroll)

Posted : 06/11/2010 12:11 pm

I found this stuff by Clinique called Even Better Clinical Dark Sport Corrector. It's made to fade the dark sports left behind by acne. It actually seems to be working pretty well. I saw results in like 3 or so weeks. It's like fifty dollars though so it's not cheap. It's worth a stab though if you're going to use it exactly as directed and stick with it.

Also, if you're going out in the sun, make sure to use plenty of sunscreen with a decent SPF. The sun makes the sports way worse and makes their healing time even more painfully slow. This could be why your spots seem to be getting worse. Maybe you got some sun?

I hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 06/12/2010 8:57 am

Hey, I tried that stuff by Clinique also. But after about a week of using it I noticed things started to feel like I was moving backwards; when I would wash my face my red marks would seem to stay red longer etc. I also was seeing no results... I know they say it takes more than 4 weeks but I felt I'd rather keep my sanity than irritate them for a couple of more weeks and probably still see little to no results lol...

MemberMember
(@misery-agony-pain-hate)

Posted : 06/13/2010 6:01 pm

to me, the worst part is seeing myself in my nice bathroom lighting and im just like "wow they are finally fading" and then if your in ANY other lighting and you see yourself its just like WTF!!!!!! those markers seriously werent even there in my bathroom where did they come from!?!?!?!? like in my bathroom ill just have them on my cheeks and i can somewhat live with that but then in other lighting, literally every part of my face is covered in them its so hard to live like this its ridiculous!

MemberMember
(@claribass93)

Posted : 06/20/2010 2:23 am

i can sort of relate to you guys. i have a twin sister with flawless skin, but i have scars all over my cheeks. It;s funny because when she gets one pimple she acts like it's the worst thing in the world. you would think by her seeing how my face is, she would be alot more appreciative.

Im still in high school, and will be graduating this year, but not even makeup will cover up these scars for senior pictures. I try to stay positive, but i definately dont want to take those pictures. My parents want me to though, but anyways thats a different story lol

but yea, I think you all should stay positive. I now its hard, but just think.... these scars arent the worse thing in the world. We could have worser problems. I try to be thankful and not complain much. I havent given up yet with trying to get rid of them, and i hope none of you have.

i dont know if this will help, but ive been reading and searching around and POTATOES seem to help with scars. i think i may try it. its summer vacation for me, school;s out so if something bad happens i can stay inside my house :P i have nothing to lose lol if anyone;s interested in how this works out just ask me.

good luck to all of you who are suffering with these scars. im only 16, but listen to me when i say this STAY POSITIVE and just be happy, ignore those things on your faces,i bet if you dont think about them they will go away, i hate when people are sad so turn those frowns upside down :)

bye!!!

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 06/21/2010 9:19 am

Lol I wish I had your positive attitude about them all the time, and days where they seem faint I feel I'm almost there... but days when they are dark and red I just break down because I feel like I'll never be free of them you know? It's the worst and kills my mood...

Like all yesterday night I was putting the final touches on my workout (4 days a week weight training to gain muscle) and was pretty psyched and stuff, then today like my red marks look worse and my mood is just shot... I have to train hard and eat alot to gain muscle and now i feel like doing neither of those. I feel like the eating even is more tiring and it sucks... Like if these marks were gone my mind would work like so: Face good. Now Focus on muscle building. It would be so straightforward... not like: Face okay, time to build muscle, but what's really the point if I'm not comfortable with my face and can't really look people in the eye... ugh fuck it... I'll probably still do the training but it sucks...

MemberMember
(@praetorian-80)

Posted : 06/21/2010 9:31 am

Lol I wish I had your positive attitude about them all the time, and days where they seem faint I feel I'm almost there... but days when they are dark and red I just break down because I feel like I'll never be free of them you know? It's the worst and kills my mood...

Like all yesterday night I was putting the final touches on my workout (4 days a week weight training to gain muscle) and was pretty psyched and stuff, then today like my red marks look worse and my mood is just shot... I have to train hard and eat alot to gain muscle and now i feel like doing neither of those. I feel like the eating even is more tiring and it sucks... Like if these marks were gone my mind would work like so: Face good. Now Focus on muscle building. It would be so straightforward... not like: Face okay, time to build muscle, but what's really the point if I'm not comfortable with my face and can't really look people in the eye... ugh fuck it... I'll probably still do the training but it sucks...

i feel u james, ive had marks for three years, since i was 17. im 20 now and i realised this has gotten too far, i feel terrible during the day because of them. im hopefully starting vbeam in september and i hope after a few months my skin will be 60-70% better, even if it takes 6 months or something. ill be happy with that. ive realised i need real treatment for them if im to be done with this shit and stop missing out.

MemberMember
(@sportsfan29)

Posted : 06/21/2010 12:57 pm

Weights will definitely improve your confidence though man...and if you need any help with your training/diet, feel free to ask me any questions, and I'll be glad to help you out.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 06/21/2010 2:36 pm

Thanks man, my neighbour is heavily into weights too and showed me alot so I'm good though. So are you guys for sure getting laser done to speed this up or are you waiting it out?

MemberMember
(@neverforget)

Posted : 06/22/2010 11:50 am

I have really, really bad red marks, all over my face and neck. However, when I stick to a good diet and get plently of rest, I notice they begin to fade. Eventually, they would fade away fairly quickly, but I always let myself down by participating in an eating binge.

Just curious: have you tried cutting specific foods out of your diet? I know that if you're gaining muscle you'll need to eat a lot, but it could be these foods that are prolonging your marks. I find that stress plays a big role in my overall skin tone, so try to keep the levels of it at absolute minimum.

Personally, if I could stick to a Paleo diet, my red marks would fade in a few months (and they're really bad), but it's finding the willpower to maintain it that's the problem.

Have you tried jojobo oil? And, seriously, don't underestimate the power of a good night's sleep. That doesn't JUST mean getting enough sleep, it means getting the right sleep. Try to sleep before 11pm every night and get your 8 hours.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 06/23/2010 2:04 pm

@ Praetorian 80

Man we are in the exact same situation, i've had my marks for almost 2 years, still quite visible, losing hope and missing opportunities... and I just turned 20, and booked a consultation with a derm who uses lasers in september and i'm hoping he will use V-beam on me (seems to be the most effective). I mean at this rate if I wait for them to fade on there own it would take another 5 years... fuck that, I need my sanity back quicker than that, y'heard meh? lol

MemberMember
(@praetorian-80)

Posted : 06/23/2010 2:55 pm

@ Praetorian 80

Man we are in the exact same situation, i've had my marks for almost 2 years, still quite visible, losing hope and missing opportunities... and I just turned 20, and booked a consultation with a derm who uses lasers in september and i'm hoping he will use V-beam on me (seems to be the most effective). I mean at this rate if I wait for them to fade on there own it would take another 5 years... fuck that, I need my sanity back quicker than that, y'heard meh? lol

yeah man i know, im hopefully gonna start in september, i dont want a hundred percent improvement, a 60-70% will give me my life back. im also gonna try and get vbeam done, if i go for 5 treatments, one every month, and we say i improve 10-20% each time, i could be 60% or more clear by january, i really want them to go away by next june because ive waited too long man, and ur right, its fucked with my sanity, im not gonna deny that, but theres a fucking good chance we'll get rid of them man, FINALLY.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 06/23/2010 5:26 pm

Same, I'm not asking for PERFECTION, but a 60-70% improvement would probably be enough to give me my life back also. It sucks when you wake up and they are just blotchier and darker; absolutely wrecks my confidence. So have you read that Vbeam seems to be the best also? I'm wondering if it's too risky though (like will it go wrong and make them worse). Aside from that, everyday is a guessing game right now. I really can't picture living the rest of my life in this mind state.

MemberMember
(@raptor02)

Posted : 06/24/2010 2:46 pm

The worst part is that I look back to my pics 6 or 7 months and my face was completly clear and now? Shit I just feel hideous. A couple months back girls would look at me because Im pretty sure I caught their eye, and now I catch their eye but in a bad way. And what sucks even more is that I should be in the happiest mood ever because I graduated as an engineer 2 weeks ago, and I already have my dream job lined up for me to start in a lil over 1 week. But here I am happy as hell when I dont think of my shitty face but then feel like hiding from everyone when I remember there there (which is every second basically). Good thing my gf has been with me throughout this whole craptaculous shit. On the bright side the red spots are clearing from one side alot and the other side of my cheek still sucks.

OH WELL...I need sum beer now lol

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 06/24/2010 4:29 pm

Ya I know what you mean, aside from this my life is not bad so I should be happy right? Well I'm not, and I don't blame myself really, how can someone feel happy when they feel ashamed of how they look, and it's all because of these god damn red marks. I think that's the worst part, is that I'm so close to being happy yet impossibly far. If I go to the mirror, and with a finger cover my red marks, I can feel my mind being at ease with my appearance. Then I move my fingers and bam, it's back. Today was a weird day too, my marks weren't looking that great but I tried not to let it kill my mood. Watched soccer, worked out in my basement, took a shower (usually helps fade them). Got out of the shower and everything seemed normal, then I went upstairs and like 3 minutes later my marks we're (still are 30 minutes later) dark, red, and inflamed! What the fuck! I had plans to chill with someone tonight but I'll probably cancel, what's the point if I hate the way I look. I sort of panicked and put lemon juice which is suppose to help but it didn't really do anything. I hate how this fucks with my mind. I would give anything, literally all my money saved up to be rid of them. I'm praying that my derm can do something about it in 2 and a half months when I see him for the first time. I feel so broken right now it's messed up, like these words don't convey how shit I feel about myself right now because of these red marks. Fuck skin, why the fuck is it so retarded. Why would it stay red, and more so, why would it take fuckin YEARS in order to get rid of the redness. I just feel like taking a knife and slicing the red patches of skin right off. Would rather deal with two small holes then two bright red spots. Fuck this.

MemberMember
(@praetorian-80)

Posted : 06/24/2010 4:50 pm

yo james, u ever feel like shit during the day cause u feel ur marks are horrible? then during the night u relax about it? we cant go on living like this man, u and me we're exactly the same, same age, same problem, and same shit has changed us. i got an idea man, how about we say one year from today, we agree to have a chat on msn and chill, knowing that we got our vbeam shit done and it got rid of this shit, wont that be an awesome day? itll motivate us to get this shit treated cause we'll look forward to that day, what do u say man??? we can agree to have a chat on like the 25th of june next year and just chill out with this shit gone

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 06/24/2010 5:03 pm

Well man I live in Canada, Montreal to be exact, so it may be difficult to chill, but a chat would be good a year from now. The thing is, even though a have an appointment booked with a derm in september and I'm pretty sure he uses V-beam (and pray to god he treats me with it), I can't... picture myself ever being rid of this problem. Today I swear to you man my marks were so blotchy, so dark purple/red that I just... I can't picture something like V-beam or anything else being able to fix this. My mind is so used to running this way now of having this always on my mind and always struggling with it that to picture a day when I can know what to expect when I look in the mirror is just something I can't imagine ever happening or being lucky enough to happen to me. Don't get me wrong I'm still going to ask for the treatment and hope it works, but I can't imagine it being so easy, you know? For something that is taking years to fade, for it to just all be over within a few months, seems to good to be true. I feel like these red marks are against me and are going to be here forever basically, and that I will always have this on my mind (even if it sounds ridiculous).

P.s. Do you know what causes them to be red? Is it all about blood vessels underneath it or is it something actually in the skin itself? Cause that's what fucks with me the most, how somedays they seem faint and some days they don't...

MemberMember
(@praetorian-80)

Posted : 06/24/2010 5:17 pm

Well man I live in Canada, Montreal to be exact, so it may be difficult to chill, but a chat would be good a year from now. The thing is, even though a have an appointment booked with a derm in september and I'm pretty sure he uses V-beam (and pray to god he treats me with it), I can't... picture myself ever being rid of this problem. Today I swear to you man my marks were so blotchy, so dark purple/red that I just... I can't picture something like V-beam or anything else being able to fix this. My mind is so used to running this way now of having this always on my mind and always struggling with it that to picture a day when I can know what to expect when I look in the mirror is just something I can't imagine ever happening or being lucky enough to happen to me. Don't get me wrong I'm still going to ask for the treatment and hope it works, but I can't imagine it being so easy, you know? For something that is taking years to fade, for it to just all be over within a few months, seems to good to be true. I feel like these red marks are against me and are going to be here forever basically, and that I will always have this on my mind (even if it sounds ridiculous).

P.s. Do you know what causes them to be red? Is it all about blood vessels underneath it or is it something actually in the skin itself? Cause that's what fucks with me the most, how somedays they seem faint and some days they don't...

yeah man a chat will be awesome. yeah i know what u mean, i cant say vbeam will get rid of it completely, but a 60% improvement is seriously possible with that laser man. the reviews are so good for it. the key is multiple treatments man so we'll have to see how it goes. ive suffered from ocd for like 4 years and ive almost beaten it cause now im strong enough to realise im not going to live with it anymore cause its also ruined my life. now its time for these marks, and once thats sorted, ill have my life back after suffering for so long.

MemberMember
(@praetorian-80)

Posted : 06/24/2010 5:27 pm

btw man, we're 20 years old now, we aint gonna be young forever, u know what i mean? how many more oppurtunities u wanna miss over this when theres a good chance most of it will be gone by next year? im not living like this anymore, not being the awesome guy i was and i know i can be, so im getting it treated with a real treatment and if they are fixed or mostly fixed by next year, OH MY GOD, im ME, and im excited about life.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 06/24/2010 5:45 pm

Yea, same here man. I'm really praying that if I do get VBeam that it does end this suffering. It's amazing how it's only a change in skin colour, yet it can ruin your life. It's not about wanting to feel so good looking, it's about wanting to just feel normal. I don't know if you do this but I see people, sometimes other guys, and though they aren't very good looking sometimes I envy them because I look and don't see any red spots on their face and just think wow they are so lucky, they are normal. I chill a lot with my neighbour, he wants to be a pilot and complains a lot about how much it costs and this and that and the hours it takes and everything, and meanwhile he probably thinks my life is easy city (because I never told him about how my red spots affects me or else he would pay attention to it subconsciously). What he doesn't know is I think he's the lucky one because he has a lot on his plate but at least he has the confidence to go out and face his challenges. Meanwhile, I'm not doing much BECAUSE I feel I can't face things because I'm not comfortable with my skin. If these spots we're removed or greatly reduced in redness man, I would be the funny, outgoing guy I use to be. I would actively seek out a girlfriend and look for another job and start feeling like I'm making some progress in my life... Is it too much to ask? I think me and you would be the happiest guys in the world if it happened lol

MemberMember
(@eaglesgirl)

Posted : 06/24/2010 5:56 pm

I wish these scars were gone. I wish I could get my self-confidence back. I wish I could show who I am. I wish I could be myself again.

Damn, this is so damn depressing. I've ordered some Emu Oil, and it'll probably arrive this Monday. I really hope it works! I'm desperate! And yeah, I also feel like cutting them. I would rather have some wounds instead of scars. At least the wound WILL heal pretty fast (+ some wounds can look pretty cool ;)).

And I could say A LOT. But most of it has already been said.

MemberMember
(@praetorian-80)

Posted : 06/24/2010 6:00 pm

Yea, same here man. I'm really praying that if I do get VBeam that it does end this suffering. It's amazing how it's only a change in skin colour, yet it can ruin your life. It's not about wanting to feel so good looking, it's about wanting to just feel normal. I don't know if you do this but I see people, sometimes other guys, and though they aren't very good looking sometimes I envy them because I look and don't see any red spots on their face and just think wow they are so lucky, they are normal. I chill a lot with my neighbour, he wants to be a pilot and complains a lot about how much it costs and this and that and the hours it takes and everything, and meanwhile he probably thinks my life is easy city (because I never told him about how my red spots affects me or else he would pay attention to it subconsciously). What he doesn't know is I think he's the lucky one because he has a lot on his plate but at least he has the confidence to go out and face his challenges. Meanwhile, I'm not doing much BECAUSE I feel I can't face things because I'm not comfortable with my skin. If these spots we're removed or greatly reduced in redness man, I would be the funny, outgoing guy I use to be. I would actively seek out a girlfriend and look for another job and start feeling like I'm making some progress in my life... Is it too much to ask? I think me and you would be the happiest guys in the world if it happened lol

u and me being the happiest guys in the world, hahaha, yeah man, ur right, we would be, and i think this year, the dreams gonna come TRUE. good luck to u my brother.

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 06/24/2010 7:47 pm

Oh I wanted to ask you 2 things... in the length of time that you've had your red marks, how much would you say they've faded (percent wise I guess) CAUSE ME i would assume it's been 20-30%... 40 MAXXXXXXX...

Also, is the redness simply from blood vessels underneath that have been damaged or something or is is something in the skin itself causing it to be inflamed and change colors?

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 07/05/2010 10:20 am

Bump. How your marks lookin lately Praetorian?

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 07/09/2010 6:41 pm

Hey guys...

another horrible thing about red marks, don't know if this happens to you but somedays they look bigger (not redder), just bigger... as in wider I guess... they just randomly seem like a bigger splotch on your face then usual? Happening today and sucks.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/09/2010 9:07 pm

listening to lil' wayne makes my red marks worse..

also i think the weather plays a big part. Its winter over here and my red/brown marks have become way more visible than compared during the summer time.

this shits unpredictable sometimes.

lil' wayne sucks btw