Notifications
Clear all

Aqua Glycolic [Ends Acne. Ends Red Marks]

MemberMember
(@liveyourlife)

Posted : 03/16/2008 3:29 am

Yuck. the cleanser screwed me over. I haven't broken out that bad for a year! I hope I can recover...

MemberMember
(@lilyorchid)

Posted : 03/23/2008 11:21 am

hey guys, do u all know if there is moisturizer with both glycolic acid and SPF? and do u all think that aqua glycolic products really help prevent acne??

Thanks for the advice

MemberMember
(@dwainpipe)

Posted : 03/29/2008 2:31 pm

hey just got the AG product today and am hoping it will help getting rid of these damn redmarks! They are going slowly but damn you need patience... I hate when people say that you have to have patience... I've been waiting 9 years, how much patience do i need!!!

Im now going all out on AHA and BHA to try and tackle this problem. I'm seeing good results so far from Paulas choice 2% BHA lotion twice a day with moisturizer 30 mins afterwards. This has been controlling my acne also instead of BP which is good for acne prevention but no good for redmarks!

Im also planning on using alpha hydrox 10% AHA lotion at night-time instead of paula's choice as i heard using AHA and BHA products together but at different times of the day is a good combo for redmarks... well heres hoping!

MemberMember
(@azcardskill)

Posted : 08/30/2008 3:07 am

bump

MemberMember
(@l3br0n23)

Posted : 08/30/2008 5:09 pm

How's this working for people?

MemberMember
(@0hdanny)

Posted : 06/23/2009 2:27 am

Do they sell this in Toronto?

And what do I say when I buy it? 'Aqua Glycolic Facial Cleanser'? And is Aqua Glycolic the brand name or the ingredient they use in it?

And what is 'AHA'? If they don't sell Aqua Gly. Facial Cleanser, can I ask for 'AHA'?

Also I don't know what product people are talking about in this thread... Are they talking about '12% glycolic souffle' or 'aqua gly. facial cleanser'?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@anabolicslim)

Posted : 06/23/2009 5:04 pm

Can I use the cleanser while using Dans BP?

MemberMember
(@babbs)

Posted : 06/24/2009 12:18 am

Aqua Glycolic is amazing. Now, I've been using it three days and while it hasn't made my red marks amazingly disappear, it softened my skin and reduced the constant flush look of my cheeks. Which in turn, makes them look a lot better.

First Day, I put it on and noticed that all my active acne was red. I was disheartened and just felt like shit after that point.

Second Day, about the same thing, my face didnt look much better but I strived on since I figured I had no other product to really try.

Third Day, I woke up this morning and noticed a lot of white skin where my red marks were, and my active acne is about gone. Amazing. I'm hoping to keep this up and see how it does for me. I'll keep this updated with pictures, so everyone can see my results before jumping into use of the product.

Hey Joey - Great!

Do you use the Aqua Glycolic cleanser or toner?

Can you provide a link to where I can purchase the product?

My acne is gone - no more breakouts- - but I have red marks - will this help?

Thank you

MemberMember
(@deankb)

Posted : 07/11/2009 12:56 am

hey guys

i have some active acne and also have red marks, so can AG work for the red marks without break my active acne out ?

Does AG work for acne ?

MemberMember
(@camcorder)

Posted : 07/11/2009 1:14 am

hey guys

i have some active acne and also have red marks, so can AG work for the red marks without break my active acne out ?

Does AG work for acne ?

On the AG website it says improves acne.

And the poster of the thread said it got rid of active acne. I believe. On the first page.

I, for one, Cant speak from experience. Sorry.

MemberMember
(@wellthissucks)

Posted : 09/14/2009 11:10 pm

I'm so glad I heard about this! the guys who thought of this were genius... mini acid peels, daily! SCRATCH THAT. I just remembered about AHA and stuff... now I feel stupid :P I hope I can find some of this stuff in the stores, ain't a big fan of buying online.

EDIT: the site says the toner is for oily skin. what exactly does it do?

MemberMember
(@criket)

Posted : 09/22/2009 12:15 am

aqua glycolic how much does this cost and i have no more acne but will it take care of red marks. whuch should i get for that the cleanser and toner.

MemberMember
(@criket)

Posted : 09/22/2009 9:22 pm

hey can I just use the cleanser on my face and nothing else and still will it clear my red marks anyone please i need help

MemberMember
(@sweet-pea)

Posted : 09/23/2009 3:52 pm

Sounds like there has been much success with these products... I am considering purchasing the toner myself, as that is the one piece of my skin care regimen I don't have set in stone. I am finally on the track to controlling acne itself, thanks to a recent visit to my derm, but I have horrible hyperpigmentation left in its wake.

Would the toner alone be enough to help, or should I purchase the facial cream as well?

MemberMember
(@xephex)

Posted : 09/26/2009 1:49 am

I think I might just try this.

My acne isn't as bad as before anymore, so this might be the kick I need for clear skin!

Plus, everytime I put my make up now it gets so dry because it's fall now and it makes my skin really dry after showering even though I have oily skin.

When I get it, I'll tell you my results!

Should I buy the toner as well, or do you guys mainly just use the cleanser?

MemberMember
(@criket)

Posted : 10/05/2009 11:34 pm

just got the cleanser and toner will that alone cure my red marks please help or do i need bezol peroxide to?original poster direct question

MemberMember
(@warrior-of-acne)

Posted : 10/05/2009 11:36 pm

I started using the cleanser about a week ago. Let's hope it works!

MemberMember
(@kirbatha)

Posted : 10/14/2009 4:09 am

So my derm's treatment worked, but I moved off to college and her bitchass won't let me refill the prescription without a consultation, which obviously cannot happen as I am in an entirely different city, with no vehicle (parking on campus is impossible). So, while I wait these next two weeks to see my new dermatologist, I'm trying this out.

This is day one. So far, I've used it once. Cleansed before shower, jumped in, wet my face and did the second part of the cleansing, then rinsed. No stinging, although I'd get a little twinge every now and then. Face is looking pretty red. I'm optimistic, though, I felt a lot of dead skin falling off in the shower while I was rinsing. We'll see.

Day two. Same as yesterday. If I'm not mistaken, I think I've seen a very, VERY slight, yet visible change in my left cheek. Ever so slightly lighter red marks. Which I have in spades.

MemberMember
(@criket)

Posted : 10/17/2009 12:24 am

Im afraid this is not working for me I been using it for 3 weeks and havent seen improvement Ill stick with it more time though Ill share with you my overall results.Im using the cleanser and toner thats all nothing else.

MemberMember
(@kirbatha)

Posted : 10/20/2009 11:34 pm

Well, it's been a little over a week. I've seen a change in the color of my red marks, and it appears that they are, indeed, fading. Much faster than they would have without this product. I won't get my hopes up, but this does seem to be helping.

I have an appointment with my new dermatologist next Wednesday, and I'm going to attempt to convince him to give me Amnesteem (I've been through two dermatologists so far with every antibiotic under the sun given to me, as well as several topicals. I think he might see it my way.)

MemberMember
(@catrat242)

Posted : 10/26/2009 5:56 pm

I used the toner last summer, but stopped in the winter because it dried my skin out too much (I think...)

Will this be okay to use if you have sensitive skin? My derm. says I don't have rosacea, so the redness must just be from sensitivity (my friend gave me a back massage and within 5 minutes my back was RED).

I remember when I did use it that it would turn my face red and did sting a little, but nothing unbearable.

MemberMember
(@junkyak)

Posted : 10/27/2009 10:24 pm

If you want something a bit stronger, try jan marini bioglycolic cleanser. Same exact ingredients but higher glycolic acid content.

MemberMember
(@worstatwhat)

Posted : 07/09/2010 11:10 am

BUMP!

Is the cleanser more effective than the cream?

MemberMember
(@kamran)

Posted : 07/11/2010 5:16 pm

interesting

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 05/13/2013 2:51 am

anyone else use this ?