Notifications
Clear all

Diane 35

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 09/30/2005 4:33 pm

Hi,

‚  I've been on Diane 35 for 5 weeks now.‚  Let me tell, u I broke out soooooo badly the first 2 weeks.‚  Then I even found out that I have severe allergies to grass and trees so that was also contributing to my breakout.‚  LUCKY ME eusa_wall.gif Anyways, recently I've started noticing an improvement.‚  I only got 2 new ones, before I used to get 7 or 8 all at once. (watch I just jinxed myself)‚  I have soooo many scars though.‚  I've also notice I have many tiny bumps in between my eyes and my chin.‚  Honestly, I would rather the little ones then those painful cysts.‚  I hope I'm on the road to recovery. My doctor estimated I wouldn't see results until 6-8 weeks. Anyways, I would appreciate any feedback good or bad.‚ 

Thanks

*** I'm breaking out so badly right now... I'm almost done my first package of Diane (about 2.5 weeks into it)...Im SO depressed about it!! How long did it take for yours to clear up? ..Thanks

MemberMember
(@google)

Posted : 09/30/2005 5:57 pm

Im glad to hear im not the only one who broke out when starting diane 35. ive just finished my firts pack..so 3 weeks and not only have i not improved im worse than ive ever been. before the pills i had a lot ALOT of small bumps all over sides of face and forehead. but after the pills ive gotten red big pimples and i keep getting them, i always have about 5 or 6. i dont know if i should stop taking the pills or is it normal for it to get worse at first? can the pills cause acne to worsen for some people and they shouldnt take it? how much time does is generally take to see some improvement? after this its accutane...i was on it before and it worked perfectly. but my doctor said its a bigger deal and to try the bc pills first for a few months

MemberMember
(@google)

Posted : 09/30/2005 5:59 pm

i know how you feel, i guess it is stupid but i dont do things with my friends lately, they have such good clear skin and i feel gross around them. they probly think i dont know how to take care of my skin, they have never dealt with bad skin most of them. i wish i had clear skin...these diane 35 pills are making me WORSE....

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 09/30/2005 6:49 pm

Im glad to hear im not the only one who broke out when starting diane 35. ive just finished my firts pack..so 3 weeks and not only have i not improved im worse than ive ever been. before the pills i had a lot ALOT of small bumps all over sides of face and forehead. but after the pills ive gotten red big pimples and i keep getting them, i always have about 5 or 6. i dont know if i should stop taking the pills or is it normal for it to get worse at first? can the pills cause acne to worsen for some people and they shouldnt take it? how much time does is generally take to see some improvement? after this its accutane...i was on it before and it worked perfectly. but my doctor said its a bigger deal and to try the bc pills first for a few months

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/30/2005 11:16 pm

i got worse too..its normal because maybe like accutane it is adjusting to your body and all the pimples underneath the surface are coming out..i particulary remember a lot on my jawline area but gradually things got better and better and i have to say by the 7th month i was looking a different person, really fresh and clear..i stopped taking it because i was overseas and i was enjoying not giving a crap about my skin so a few months later it came back and now im on accutane and diane again..ive been on diane 4 months now. stick with it because if u have persistant, hormonal type acne it really helps..ur body just has to get used to it and everyone is different so it just takes some time..but its worth it.

MemberMember
(@kz123)

Posted : 10/01/2005 5:20 pm

So, Everyones been saying their skin got worse the first few weeks (as is mine right now!! ) but nobody's saying how long it took to be normal, or for their skin to be manageable... Could someone comment on that- because I just finished my first package of diane and am so tired of these massive breakouts-they look horrible!!!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/01/2005 8:30 pm

i took mine last year february, it wasnt until about june my skin became ok then August was clearing up, by october my skin looked really good..i was taking Diane and drinking lots of water and basically being gntle with my face..no picking at all, no matter how tmpting because my skin was healing faster. so about 6 - 8 months for me i was 90% clear..i gave it up after that but if id stayed on it like some of my friends who have been on it for years my skin would have only improved even more..im on accutane aswell as diane now..maybe try accutane?

MemberMember
(@kz123)

Posted : 10/02/2005 6:30 pm

Okay, so after your 2nd month of taking diane did it improve the slightest bit.. because you see- i had mild acne before this, it was nothing too bad- but since ive came on diane my acne is even worse - so does that mean its going to be even worse for maybe 5 months and not go back to what it use to be (mild)

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 10/02/2005 7:08 pm

I thought I did mention it. But I didn't start getting better until my 4th month. So hang in there because I got worse before I got better. But now, I'm enjoying my skin

MemberMember
(@tired_of_waiting)

Posted : 10/02/2005 7:26 pm

okay. time to start my next pack. this time i resolve to take my pills on time each day to see if anything better can happen!

i'm so notorious of forgetting to take it on time and having to take it the next morning. normally i havne't seen much of a change but who knows maybe this is the dramatic swtich i've been hoping for.

only prob is i'm on minocycline too. my doctor perscribed both but told me that the minocycline might decrease some of the diane's effectiveness. I've never seen much of a difference to tell me otherwise tho.

Anyone have experience of taking a tetracycline and diane 35? what was the result?

MemberMember
(@kz123)

Posted : 10/03/2005 3:53 pm

ah, wonderful...i just started my 2nd package..so im in for quite the wait. tongue.gif!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/04/2005 12:30 am

i used to think the same..it wasnt working and my skin was breaking out but eventually your skin seems to calm down and clear up. its just getting all th stuff from underneath out. i had it really bad around the lower cheeks, jawline and chin which is supposed to be the hormonal areas. its 1 of those things that just take time and patience and can take between 3 months and 1 year.

MemberMember
(@kz123)

Posted : 10/04/2005 3:33 pm

oh my, i dont know if i could last this out for over 3 months! yeah lower cheeks and chin- exactly where mine is...its horrible ain't it? almost like a beard of ance..pretty discusting.!!

MemberMember
(@reesegirl)

Posted : 10/08/2005 8:58 am

I was on Diane 35 for approx 7 years. During that time my skin was clearer. Not a 100%, but managable for the most part. I've been off it since March because I decided that I was tired of taking a synthetic hormone in my body everyday.

Well let me tell you.... I have been getting breakouts worse each month .... off it. But under no circumstances will I ever swallow those pills again. I have no peroid. My body is not making any of it's own hormones. I'm 32 and have less hormones than a post-menopausal women. I have no kids. My husband and I would like to the OPTION of having a family and I'm so glad I'm not in a desperate state for kids, but if I was I don't know what I'd be feeling right now.

I'd rather face a 100% pimples knowing that my body was functioning properly. There are so many other side effects coming off those pills, but the benefits include actually having a sex drive & feeling emotions.

Not that the emotions are that great, I'm depressed with cystic acne, but this is day 3 of the regime and a huge undergrouder is mostly dried up and knock on wood, nothing new, BP has always worked for me, but I've only ever applied it to spots or areas, never my whole face, it makes sense to kill ALL the bacteria on my face and not just spots, that way the bacteria can't spread.

We'll see, just keep in mind that Diane 35 is not for long term use, only till you clear out, but mine came back. The doctor won't tell you that. Google it I did after I stopped and started to read the Diane 35 horror stories regarding reproduction, and now I'm living it.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 10/08/2005 12:18 pm

Month 7. I'm not 100% clear but let me tell u it's sooooooooo much better then before. I go out now and don't stay home from work like I used to. I'm also taking the drug Apo-sulfatrim which is helping me out as well. I've heard horror stories of people getting off of this pill. I'm actually afraid to get off and switch over to another one (for contraception reasons) I really need to discuss this with my dr. All those on Diane 35, it's not as glamous a pill that they say it is. It comes with numerous side effects which thankfully I never got. However, the breakouts were depressing. I didn't stop breaking out until 3.5-4 months. Now thankfully, I'm enjoying my skin. GOOD LUCK

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 11/16/2005 9:21 am

Hi All

I'm still clearer then before. I still do get the occassional pimple but let me tell you it's sooooooooo much better. I've been on the combination Diane 35 and Alpo-Sulfatrim. My PMS weeks aren'e even as bad as they used to be. My confidence is back so much so that I ended up meeting a guy and we are having a great time dating. I recommend this to anyone. The Diane 25 is a struggle at the begining buy hang in there

Tania

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/17/2005 6:01 am

i dont have a problem with emotions or sex drive..i guss everyone is different. i also dont pu ton weight with diane so i think its a great little pill..its my 2nd time on it and in 4 months my skin is clearing again, much more manaegable, less oily and smoother skin.

MemberMember
(@enelahs)

Posted : 11/17/2005 1:15 pm

Hi I was on diane for 2 years and my skin cleared up significantly. I stopped a couple of months ago, had a huge breakout and I have no period for the past 4 months!

reesegirl, have you remedied the situation?

I was on Diane 35 for approx 7 years. During that time my skin was clearer. Not a 100%, but managable for the most part. I've been off it since March because I decided that I was tired of taking a synthetic hormone in my body everyday.

Well let me tell you.... I have been getting breakouts worse each month .... off it. But under no circumstances will I ever swallow those pills again. I have no peroid. My body is not making any of it's own hormones. I'm 32 and have less hormones than a post-menopausal women. I have no kids. My husband and I would like to the OPTION of having a family and I'm so glad I'm not in a desperate state for kids, but if I was I don't know what I'd be feeling right now.

I'd rather face a 100% pimples knowing that my body was functioning properly. There are so many other side effects coming off those pills, but the benefits include actually having a sex drive & feeling emotions.

Not that the emotions are that great, I'm depressed with cystic acne, but this is day 3 of the regime and a huge undergrouder is mostly dried up and knock on wood, nothing new, BP has always worked for me, but I've only ever applied it to spots or areas, never my whole face, it makes sense to kill ALL the bacteria on my face and not just spots, that way the bacteria can't spread.

We'll see, just keep in mind that Diane 35 is not for long term use, only till you clear out, but mine came back. The doctor won't tell you that. Google it I did after I stopped and started to read the Diane 35 horror stories regarding reproduction, and now I'm living it.

MemberMember
(@cutieapple509)

Posted : 11/17/2005 6:30 pm

OMG....Honestly... I am not brave enought to take Diane 35 since i heard many side effects from others including my derm and family doctor

MemberMember
(@kz123)

Posted : 11/24/2005 4:10 pm

uhhh.. it hardly does anything

MemberMember
(@tired_of_waiting)

Posted : 11/25/2005 10:53 am

ya. for me it might as well be sugar pills as i have zero side effects. I think it does help with the hormones long term but you gotta stick with it at LEAST a year to see it do anything. i've never used it on its own either.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 12/20/2005 10:26 pm

Wow I read all these replies and I can't believe it. I've been on this pill for almost 9 months now. I've experienced the breakouts from Hell to the point I was so embarrassed to go out or even to work. I never experienced any weight gain or side effects at all....well except the huge breakouts. I'm now using Diane 35 in conjunction with another pill called Apo-Sulfatrim and my face is the clearest it's ever been. I've talked to my gyna and my derm and they both say that Diane 35 is safe and not to believe alot of what is out there. So really I don't know who to believe. My derm and gyna said it was even safe as a just using it for birth control. I'm scared to get off any of these pills because the effects have been great. My sister was even on Diane 35 for 2 years and nothing ever happened to her either until she got off she did break out but nothing too drastic. Very managable. I have to really do some thinking about this. I just wish ance didn't exist

MemberMember
(@acnemakesmesad)

Posted : 12/21/2005 12:31 am

Diane made me really really moody. I didn't realise that the pill was doing it to me though, it was only after I stopped taking Diane and realised that I was no longer freaking out on people that I made the connection.

I haven't read the whole discussion, but has anyone mention that the Diane isn't good for actual birth control? Just mentioning it.

MemberMember
(@tired_of_waiting)

Posted : 12/26/2005 11:54 pm

Tiredofzits, i would not use this site as a reliable source to diane 35 information. I've been on it for several years now and have talked to multiple doctors and dermatologist about its safetly and have been reassured that it is indeed quite safe and suitable for long term use. I have experience NO problems whatsoever. I am quite shocked to read about what people have experienced and what they have heard and have chosen not to use this board as a means of gathering my information as i honestly cannot corroborate the source, what i go by is what hosptials, doctors and dermatologists (multiple assessments) have told me over the last few years and i try to keep apraised of medical journal assessments.

Birth control of any sort is not necessarily for everyone but i have a hard time beleiving that this medication is so much of a detrement if it has equally helped a good deal many people.

And for those who say it is not a suitable birth control, that is incorrect. Diane 35 IS a birth control pill but that is not what it is marketed as, as it comes from dermatologists for the most part, and so therefore is not often perscribed by a general practitioner when another brand is avaliable. Diane 35 is a very different formulation and so is usually used as a refereall AFTER more name brand products have been exhausted (i switched after ortho-tricyclen started making me feel ill).

In addition i must say no birth control pill is 100% effective as anything from the time you take the pill to whether at some point in your cycle you were ill and so the pill was not fully absorbed can decrease its effectiveness. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS USE A BACK UP MEANS OF BIRTH CONTROL LIKE A CONDOM. Even in a fully monogomous relationship if you are serious about preventing a pregnancy you SHOULD be using at least 2 methods, otherwise you really have to trust in a good many things you can't control....birth control pills can only do so much

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/27/2005 1:56 am

diane 35 is very good for acne. it cleared me up until i ran out overseas..but now since ive been on it again and accutane..i cant lose, it takes at least 6 months for results.