Notifications
Clear all

Diane 35

MemberMember
(@lexy604)

Posted : 06/02/2005 2:17 am

Hi,

I've been on Diane 35 for 5 weeks now.  Let me tell, u I broke out soooooo badly the first 2 weeks.  Then I even found out that I have severe allergies to grass and trees so that was also contributing to my breakout.  LUCKY ME eusa_wall.gif Anyways, recently I've started noticing an improvement.  I only got 2 new ones, before I used to get 7 or 8 all at once. (watch I just jinxed myself)  I have soooo many scars though.  I've also notice I have many tiny bumps in between my eyes and my chin.  Honestly, I would rather the little ones then those painful cysts.  I hope I'm on the road to recovery. My doctor estimated I wouldn't see results until 6-8 weeks. Anyways, I would appreciate any feedback good or bad. 

Thanks

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 06/03/2005 8:35 am

Week 11(PMS week) I broke out as usual all under my chin I have 4 big ones. But really it's my fault. These big pimples were once small little skin colour bumps that I decided to squeeze eusa_wall.gif Sometimes I can be so stupid. I should have just left things alone. I was just getting really nervous b/c those little bumps weren't going away. Well, at least the breakout and scars on my cheeks are gone. I don't even have little bumps in between my eye brows which is equally great. So my chin and 1 side of my jaw line is my only problem area. So I guess even though I caused the breakout this time, I'm technically clearing. I just hope these 4 zits don't turn into ugly scars that don't cover. Man, when will I ever learn

MemberMember
(@mongrel_goat)

Posted : 06/03/2005 8:46 am

im on dianette (english version)

I get it free!

Not a single cystic acne so far and been only on for a week!

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 06/03/2005 8:55 pm

im on dianette (english version)

I get it free!

Not a single cystic acne so far and been only on for a week!

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 06/05/2005 10:15 pm

U know.....I need to vent. I, like many of you am so TIRED of my situation. I was actually thinking things were looking up and BOOM, reality check! I've been on this pill(Diane 35) for 2 months and 3 weeks, my dr said I should start seeing results in 6-8 weeks which I did. But HOLY CRAP I'm still breaking out. The good thing is, is it's only under my chin and 1 jaw side of my jaw line. Before it was on both cheeks, in between my eye brows and forehead. SO I guess there has been. But I want clear skin. WOW, that's such a concept. I've been battling acne for forever and I just need it to stop. (DON'T WE ALL). My friends and family have been great, they are so supportive and think I'm nuts. They don't even call what I have acne. They just say it's a breakout. Some don't even consider it a problem. BUt really do u expect anything less from your friends and loved ones. They are obviously going to say things to make u feel better. I have no idea what the point of this posting is. I'm just fed up I guess and now there's even a guy in my life and I'm so embarrassed to go out with him. He doesn't know me and all he's going to see is that ugly breakout under my chin.

MemberMember
(@hopeful42day)

Posted : 06/08/2005 12:33 pm

You know............I don't know how to react to this pill because obviously everyone is different.‚  There are people who have no side effects and others that experience a good majority. I had none.‚   eusa_dance.gif There are others who experience no initial breakout and others like myself, have the breakout from hell. mad.gif‚  I have yet to see clear skin.‚  I wonder if that really exists?‚  LOL‚ 

‚  ‚   This is my 5th week on Diane 35,‚  I have 3 new scabs b/c I picked and a whole bunch of little pimples on my cheeks and chin.‚   I would rather however have little pimples then big, ugly cysts but it's my fault with the scabs.‚  I can't help touching my face. I'm like a little kid.‚  Anyways, does anyone know a good cream that can help to get rid of scars?‚  Any imput is sooo appreciated.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 06/19/2005 6:35 pm

Sorry I haven't posted in a while...........well my face still sucks. Go figure I only have acne on one side of my chin and 1 cheeck. Everywhere else is beautiful. I went to this place called Fairview Cosmetic Centre and the dr recommended injections. So I had them done. Well, she even injected my small skin coloured bumps which pissed me off, b.c they sort of scabbed. She also prescribed DIfferin gel and wanted me to take Minocyn which I refused to do. I'm already on the pill and now I need more drugs as well. Anyways, compared to how I was I am better it's only really concentrated in 2 spots which sort of looks retarded but whatcha gonna do. If anyone has info about either the injections or Differin gel please post or email me b/c I have no idea what to expect.

MemberMember
(@yeeeeha)

Posted : 06/21/2005 4:17 pm

Okay, I have been on Diane 35 for four months now, and let me tell you my skin has changed for the better. Now I didn't see these results till the begining of the fourth month. You have you be patient, this is no miracle drug you can't expect results overnight. I still get minor breakout but they go away quite quickly. Good luck

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 06/23/2005 7:01 pm

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of my 3rd month on this pill and u know I think things are looking up. I'm not as broken out as before. I actually only have 2. I haven't had this little in months. I do still have scars on one cheek and 1 side of my chin. I also stil have small tiny skin coloured bumps on that one side of my chin. These bumps can turn into huge suckers at any time. I went to a dr to get acne injections and I use Differin at night. This may work for me. I HOPE I DIDN'T JINX MYSELF!!!!

MemberMember
(@lovelybella)

Posted : 06/23/2005 7:46 pm

I will be starting the 4th month mid-July. I haven't seen amazing results but I guess I don't break out as much.I did break out yesterday though. But I used to get a lot of cystic acne on my chin, but since I started the pills I have only gotten 1 or 2 small ones.

MemberMember
(@yeeeeha)

Posted : 06/25/2005 5:13 pm

I would get something else for the scaring because the pill does nothing for it, Im almost done month four, and I will be getting my period in about 5 days. One thing I notice, I use to have horrible red bumps on my legs and now they are completely gone, my hair is thicker(this is a good thing because my hair was really thin) and less oily but its taking longer to grow than usual. My face looks brighter and I wear alot less makeup. I dont even use acne products I only wash with spectro jel. But I think the best thing of all is I get absolutely no cramps, they were really painful before.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 07/02/2005 5:24 pm

Hi all,

I just finished my 3rd month, which means this is my pms week. NOT LOOKING FORWARD to this. Overall, my face has improved very slowly. I still have numerous scars but I'm not breaking out as much as I used to. I have the acne still concentrated on 1 side of my cheek and 1 side of my chin. On the other cheek I have brownish scars that seem to be going away. I've been applying aloe vera gel to them hourly. I also bought the cream Elicina for my scars but I'm waiting for it to arrive. To add to my regimen, I use Differin gel at night which I like and I've been getting cortisone injections every 2 weeks. I've only gone twice to get these injections and the second time the dr was impressed with my improvements. Anyways, I guess I'm slowly recovering, although it's still not exactly where I want it to be. Like I said, this is my pms week so who knows what zit is lurking to come out. I also wanted to share that, I've read the Diane websites and it states that after 3 cycles (3 months) 30-50% of patients see improvements. After 12 cycles (1 year) 90% of patients see improvements. I really hope I'm part of that 30-50% I don't care if I still breakout as long as it's manageable or at least I can cover it and trust me since Feb, I've been experiencing the breakouts from hell. I'll keep u posted

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 07/06/2005 4:44 pm

H again,

I'm entering my 4th month this weekend. Well, my pms week was gross. I really broke out. I got 4 cystic zits. I went to my dr and she injected them so luckly they went down. They are now flaky scabs. I have a question though: like I previously said, I'm on my 4th month, I know everyone is different but shouldn't I now see some results? Shouldn't the breakouts be less and less? Before when I first started this pill HOLY COW I used to breakout a lot I would get 3-7 a day, very small or cyctic not to mention the millions of scars. My face was in constant breakout mode. Now I average 1-3 a day, sometimes none at all or 1 every second day. My scars at the moment are a noticeable but they seem to be fading with the use of aloe vera. Anyways, any imput would be appreciated. I just hope that clear skin is in my reach soon.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/07/2005 4:18 am

i just wanted to say i took diane last year and noticed results about 5 months too. it just happens 1 week where your skin seems to get softer and clearer. I remember when my skin was becoming good i wasnt stressed out as usual or thinking about it as much. I drank a lot of water and its amazing how your face can change. your whole face seems to light up and become pretty. anyway, i was overseas at the time and i ran out. my skin was about 85 - 90 % clear so i didnt care so much anymore, and then about 3 months later i noticed my skin got worse and worse. ive just started taking it again, 1 month now. but i took it veryday for 5 months thinking nothing was happening until finally it did. so hang in there, i know girls who took it for 3 months and noticed improvemnt, others 8 months. but i know th longer u take it the better. i would recommend staying on it until u decide u want to get pregnant. i have hormonal acn, mild to moderate and littl bumps, whiteheads, blackheads etc..it really does work on some people so just giv it some time. im hoping in about 4 months my skin will be back to normal.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 07/09/2005 2:21 pm

i just wanted to say i took diane last year and noticed results about 5 months too. it just happens 1 week where your skin seems to get softer and clearer. I remember when my skin was becoming good i wasnt stressed out as usual or thinking about it as much. I drank a lot of water and its amazing how your face can change. your whole face seems to light up and become pretty. anyway, i was overseas at the time and i ran out.AA my skin was about 85 - 90 % clear so i didnt care so much anymore, and then about 3 months later i noticed my skin got worse and worse. ive just started taking it again, 1 month now. but i took it veryday for 5 months thinking nothing was happening until finally it did. so hang in there, i know girls who took it for 3 months and noticed improvemnt, others 8 months. but i know th longer u take it the better. i would recommend staying on it until u decide u want to get pregnant. i have hormonal acn, mild to moderate and littl bumps, whiteheads, blackheads etc..it really does work on some people so just giv it some time. im hoping in about 4 monthsAA my skin will be back to normal.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 07/14/2005 12:52 pm

Month 4....this is the first week of month 4 and I haven't had a new zit in 5 days. CAN U BELIEVE!! eusa_dance.gif I hope I didn't jinx myself. But at least this is giving the remaining scars a time to heal. I hope this is the begining of CLEAR SKIN. I know I'm still not out of the woods. But at least my confidence level is a lot better.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 07/17/2005 11:09 am

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!

I still haven't had a new zit in a while.....instead some of my small skin coloured bumps decided to become pimples. They've been on my face for months now and now they decide to become pimples. I guess in a way it's good b.c they will disappear off my face as well, but here comes more scars. My pimples even if I don't touch them turn into ugly red or brownish scars and stay on my face for an eternity before going away. So needless to say, I'm not very happy. I even cancelled out on friends this weekend b/c I was too embarrassed to go out. I know it's so silly but that's how I feel. I have a few friends pissed off at me right now b.c they say I'm being stupid. I just can't help it. I hope this is a minor set back...

MemberMember
(@kimmy)

Posted : 07/23/2005 6:23 pm

Hi everyone! I'm a lurker to the boards. I just wanted to share my story in this thread. I had horrible cystic acne all along my jawlines when I was 17 and 18 years old. My dermatologist tried me on minocycline, tetracycline, marvelon 28 (birth control pill), accutane and everything failed. In fact, I had a major reaction to the accutane so it was just awful. The only thing that cleared up my cystic acne was Diane 35! It has bad side effects of making you moody and I gained a bit of weight but I'm 26 years old now and haven't had a cyst since! I only took Diane 35 for I think a year or two. I remember I didn't like all the weight I was gaining so I got off them. I was worried my cysts would return but they didn't. 7-8 years cyst free so I'm very happy. smile.gif

I also had my first child when I was 23, and just had a baby boy this past May. I don't know what it was about my pregnancy but my acne completely didn't flare up at all. My doctor and nurses actually said how shocked they were by how much better my skin looked. I have a lot of bad scarring leftover so for someone to tell me my skin looked "better" felt good.

I'm looking around the boards now to see if I can find some treatments for my scars and redness. There's a lot of information to go through though!

Good luck to everyone!

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 08/04/2005 7:12 pm

End of month 4. Well overall my face has improved. I don't break out as much as I used to. I used to get 1-3 pimples a day every day and now it varies. I can get 1 every few days which is great for my scars. I'm not anywhere near clear though. I've been doing an egg white and lemon mask to help fade my scars and it does work but very slowly. This is my pms week, so I had a breakout. It was expected. I hate this week so much. So overall, I'm HAPPIER smile.gif but still I know it can be better. My friends and family members have also seen improvements. My social life has improved a lot as well. I do go out a lot more. Even with my pms breakouts they cover nicely and because they aren't so many I don't really care. I hope this is it. This is now the road to clearer skin!!! A face without a pimple, WOW is that a thought!!! Good luck everyone and continue to post ur experiences. I'll report on my month 5 soon

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/06/2005 1:41 am

glad your skin is finally clearing..im back on at 2 months now. last time it was about 5 months and then i took it in total of 7 months everybody was saying how good my skin looked. i guess i took it for granted and so when i ran out i didnt purchase more diane. i cant say it cleared me 100% but it was well on the way. my skin is looking better now, but i think its going to take at least 3 more months for my body to get used to it again. try to take it for a couple more years..good luck

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 08/14/2005 9:53 pm

biggrin.gif I decided to post a little early. I've just finished the first week of month 5 and u can see a difference in my skin. I still have pimples, but they are not as much as it used to be. My scars are fading very slowly as well. If this is how it's going to be from now on, I'm so fine with it. But it was a rough 3.5 months. I guess my body had to get used to the pill. My breakouts were so scary. So much so I wouldn't go out or go to work. I still have a bad breakout during my pms week. I don't think I can prevent that from happening. Does anyone experience the same? Is there anything we can take before hand to prevent? Most likely not I bet. Anyways, 2 all those individuals taking this pill. It's a struggles and u need to wait it out. I hope to see clear skin one day, but 4 now clearer skin is fine with me

GOOD LUCK!!! biggrin.gif

MemberMember
(@irisrain)

Posted : 08/18/2005 12:50 pm

I took Diane 35 last year for three months, Everybody commented about my clear skin. I had a horrible flare up recently and am considering going on it again, but only for a few months.

It's caused lots of strokes in young women, so I'm a bit hesitant.

MemberMember
(@tiredofzits)

Posted : 08/26/2005 8:22 pm

Hi...End of month 5. I can't say that this month was the best. I did break out and unfortunately I have a few brownish scars on one cheek. BUT...as I've stated before my face has gotten better. The breakout was only a few compared to my many all over my face plus the numerous ugly pinkish or brownish scars. I'm really nervous about my pms week, because that's when I tend to really break out the most. People have told me in time even the pms week will get better. (I'M keeping my fingers crossed confused.gif ) I just hope that as the months go on my pimples will get better and better. WHo knows....I guess I can only hope. Although, if in a year I'm still breaking out the way I always do then obviously this product isn't working for me.

MemberMember
(@kz123)

Posted : 09/29/2005 3:40 pm

Hi,

I've been on Diane 35 for 5 weeks now.  Let me tell, u I broke out soooooo badly the first 2 weeks.  Then I even found out that I have severe allergies to grass and trees so that was also contributing to my breakout.  LUCKY ME eusa_wall.gif Anyways, recently I've started noticing an improvement.  I only got 2 new ones, before I used to get 7 or 8 all at once. (watch I just jinxed myself)  I have soooo many scars though.  I've also notice I have many tiny bumps in between my eyes and my chin.  Honestly, I would rather the little ones then those painful cysts.  I hope I'm on the road to recovery. My doctor estimated I wouldn't see results until 6-8 weeks. Anyways, I would appreciate any feedback good or bad. 

Thanks

MemberMember
(@tired_of_waiting)

Posted : 09/29/2005 4:05 pm

hey!

You know, i'll bet alot of us are neighbors and don't even know it..we probably even pass each other on the subway or bus (any of us Torontonians!)

I've been on Diane 35 for years. Its great. i've no complaints. mind you i'm also not the best for taking the pills at the same time every day and occasionally i'll miss a dose. Its a very forgiving medication tho and i don't get nasty side effects. Its not as effective for me anymore maybe because i'm on minocycline now too..but it still works okay i think.

I think honestly its the best BC drug out there. I've taken the Ortho-tri whatever it is and i hated it. Nothing but problems.

The only problem with Diane is that its so new on the market there isn't alot of internet research being done on anything long term. But theres too much BS about it out there too. I've been on it..what...5 years now. its safe enough if i can use it and trust me, i make SO many mistakes with meds.