Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal acne? Red marks ? pics included !!

MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 12/11/2016 11:02 pm

Well my age bracket I'm 27 , my teenage years i never had acne maybe occasional pimple , didn't need makeup then around my early 20's I would get the occasional under skin bump on my chin .. Did laser it helped for a while . Fast forward, while I was pregnant two and half years ago my skin was great , glowing , also while breastfeeding for over a year skin was great . Not saying as soon as I stopped I started getting these massive breakouts but about February 2015 I did. The location is only on my jawline before was only on one side now its on both sides .

Was as reading about Pcos symptoms and don't really have them my periods are on time, they aren't painfulI am not overweight, I amrelatively lean compared to most people, so I looked more into androgen sensitivity and the only thing I have experienced is more I am losing a couple strands of hair. As they say thinning of hair can be caused by high testosterone levels.

I dunno what else to think looked into maybe adrenal androgen excess caused more by stress and cortisol, exertion from
working out so much, preworkout supplements, there's ovarian induced androgens (PCOS) and Just sensitivity to normal androgen production .

dagumdone liked
MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/12/2016 12:25 am

Have you looked into candida overgrowth?

swoleMom liked
MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 12/12/2016 11:32 am

I have read about it but haven't paid so much attention as to being the blame . Can that affect only one area of my face like I have ? My diet is pretty clean as well

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/12/2016 12:50 pm

It is actually said to be one of the most overlooked causes of acne. My diet is very clean and all organic, but I still ended up with the overgrowth. I think it would be worth it for you to do a candida cleanse for a month to see if there is an improvement. If you go to the doctor about hormonal issues, they will usually only prescribe birth control or antibiotics.

swoleMom liked
MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 12/12/2016 2:44 pm

Well that's why I just wanted to see if it wa my hormones in the first place that way I can rule them out if it is I would turn to more natural methods than birth control or prescription meDs

I was reading a little bit candida about this and I don't take any antibiotics over the counter meds no b.c, the only symptoms I can relate to are maybe some fatigue ( not constant it comes and goes ) andthe unexplained rash ( redness on my face ) as u see in pic above .

did you try a liquid cleanse or through foods through elimination ?

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 12/12/2016 10:43 pm

Yes I was confused when I found out I had it too. I believe it was from drinking too much kombucha (which contains yeast) and that's what lead to it. I followed a raw food diet and also took oil of oregano and garlic supplements, which I still continue to use.

MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 12/15/2016 1:23 pm

I am looking to buy hormone saliva test online this one measures 5 hormones ..

(E2, Pg, T, DS and C) is this a good one to purchase to test my hormones to see if it is the cause of my acne? Anyone tried this before, worth it?

https://www.amazon.com/Female-Male-Saliva-Profile-Imbalances/dp/B004BTCQ26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1481826036&sr=8-1&keywords=zrt+female+hormone+blood

MemberMember
(@dagumdone)

Posted : 12/21/2016 12:08 am

Candida overgrowth is a good possibility. Are your breakouts kind of itchy? Im convinced the ones I was getting on my chin like that were caused by Candida because A. they itched and B. I was having some digestive issues C. which I believe all were caused by a massive onset of stress that threw my whole system for a loop. This is a weird question but what are your BMs like? Bad candida overgrowth will show up in your BMs. If you suspect Candida, I seriously recommend taking a heavy duty (100+ bil) probiotic for a couple months plus an anti-candida supplement. Thats what I've been doing and my breakouts there have all but disappeared. No more clusters, no more itching. Im also on 100mg of Spiro but Im not sure if thats whats cleared it or not because I still have some new breakouts on my cheeks. Seriously though, major improvement with those two things. Priobiotics are good for you anyway, couldn't hurt!

MemberMember
(@swolemom)

Posted : 12/24/2016 3:18 pm

@dagumdoneHi there! well if you look at one of my post where my skin is red and itchy i would sometimes wake up with itchy skin looks likea rash it will be hot to touch and have to cover it in cortisone or benadryl.It wuld be the most random thing and never in my life have I gotten that. Well im usually pretty normal with my BM's,usually daily especially early morning but then sometimes I will not go for a few days and have to up my dosage on probiotic. Had bought 30 billion and thought it was going to make a huge difference it didnt, maybe up it?

MemberMember
(@naturalcure1)

Posted : 01/23/2017 10:20 pm

Hi! Just wanted to check in and ask if you've ever tried evening prom rose oil??

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 02/01/2017 6:01 pm

On Amazon you can order saliva tests. They have several different configurations at different price levels, not as much as you would think. You should shop around and think about it. It could save you a lot of $$ from trying products that aren't going to work...
OTC treatment options I've come across so far include things like progesterone cream USP (Emerita), Chasteberry, and DIM (look for soy free)...
Good luck!

swoleMom liked
MemberMember
(@sassybanana4)

Posted : 03/04/2017 8:10 pm

Hi there, I am a 21 year old girl and I've been struggling with harsh PMS breakouts for the last two years. I have regular periods-to the exact day- but I always experience a cystic chin breakout (only on my chin) about a week before my period starts. After my period ends, I normally get about two weeks of being clear before the cycle starts again.

Here is what Ive been taking that has helped a lot but hasn't cured my acne completely:
-vitex (2X per day in AM)
-evening primrose oil (3 x per day, morning, afternoon, night)
-burdock root (3x per day, 2 pills each, morning, afternoon, night)
-milk thistle (6 pills daily, 3x per day)
-vit. D3 (whenever I can)

here's my face routine:
-make up remove with coconut oil (also use as face moisture)
-wash using African Black Soap

I also follow an extremely clean diet: little grains (bread rice, etc.), no dairy, no coffee (only teas), no oils, no junk food
and I work out pretty much daily (bike, run, and hot yoga)

is there anything you guys can recommend to cure or greatly reduce PMS breakouts? thanks!!

swoleMom liked