Notifications
Clear all

Spiro Ruined My Face

MemberMember
(@nomsies)

Posted : 09/25/2015 2:35 pm

I took Spironolactone for a week and now I've completely lost any 'sensation' in my lower region and nipples. Sorry if that's blunt but is this what you have too? I went off three days ago and I still can't really orgasm and there's like no feeling in my nipple area.

It might also be from another drug I took so I need to know if this is the same effect as you. You said low libido but what about the general feeling? I almost have nothing. Like my nerves just stopped working in the C area.

MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 10/04/2015 6:15 pm

Aw man. Reading stuff like this bums me out, makes me want to stop taking the spiro. Ive only been on it for less than 2 weeks. No sign of side effects or improvements, but I know it can take a while. Do most people get an initial breakout?

MemberMember
(@gia88)

Posted : 07/02/2018 11:13 am

I was on spiro for seven years. I went on it for hair loss. It helped at first, meaning it kept the hair loss at the same level. Over the course of the seven years, my skin dramatically changed for the worse. Yes, it kept me from breaking out but heres what it also did: It thinned my skin to the point where I developed wrinkles super suddenly. My skin had always been pretty oily. Within a month of taking spiro, I was applying Aquophor (yes, fancy Vaseline) to my entire face. See, it strips away the oil from your face but that also removes natural oils that help prevent wrinkles. I stayed on it though (stupid) because I was terrified if I stopped, my hair loss would get worse. In the meantime, it affected my menstrual cycle to the point where i was barely getting my period. I finally went off it after researching side affects. Guess what? My hair loss stopped. Im so angry with the doctor who put me on this crap. Like, you get to choose between acne, wrinkles, or being bald? Never underestimate the duplicity of Big Pharma. The internet is FILLED with content about how great this drug is. Maybe it IS great for some people. Me, i wish i had never taken this garbage.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/11/2018 8:58 am

Spiro, is like any other man made drug. It has side effects. I agree that doctors need to be more balanced when presenting the options to patients (Pros and Cons). I've been on Spiro going on three years and i'll be weening off next month. Thankfully i have been lucky not to have some of the side effects that many of you have experienced. For me, despite diet changes, a more stress free lifestyle and seeing naturopaths, my acne has been a constant. Not sure what's next for me.

MemberMember
(@walkwink)

Posted : 05/23/2019 7:57 am

Yes! I have been on Spiro for 3 years, I feel like I have aged RAPIDLY. I am 43, but was still getting carded at 39.

Skin iscrinkly and flabby in the flexors. I don't have acne anymore, but also never get compliments on how "radiant" my skin looks. It's like the integral makeup has suffered, not just the surface skin. My hair is dull and limp. Doesn't grow much. It's been shiny and thick my whole life. My mom tries to besubtle and will buy collagen supplements for me to use. Lol

Before starting Spiro, I hadweight gain, hair was suddenlyoily, and BO would set in no matter how much Mitchum roll on I would use. I was EVIL when I had PMS. Cystic acne withinthe same reoccurring spots.

Pros: I lost the extra weigh quickly, cystic acne stopped, lighter menstrual cycle, no BO, no more smelly&oily scalp, PMS was no longer a dangerous time.

Cons: Once I started 100 mg of Spiro, I had nightmares the first week. My husband had to wake me up. It was alarming, I don't typically ever have nightmares or night terrors. I slowly lost mydrive to do anything. Now, dull skin, dull hair, dull personality and more withdrawn.

My dermatologist says it's dehydration. No more cystic acne, though!

MemberMember
(@roselina)

Posted : 01/25/2021 2:19 pm

Hi I know this tread is so old, but I'm so interested to hear, if anybody knows more about this!@glb2130Has your skin returned back to normal? I feel like I look older too since starting on spiro.

MemberMember
(@theaaroncrousegmail-com)

Posted : 05/03/2022 5:02 pm

because spirolactone reduces testosterone + DHEA, you will have all the symptoms of low testosterone. personally, I quit this drug because I was experiencing weight gain, mental issues, no sex drive and a puffy face. I have quit now for 4 month and only now finally feeling more mental balanced. as far as the aging face : buy topical DHEA cream on amazon and continue to rub it on your face. it WILL help. also, take vitamin D and drink lemon water. this drug is so toxic and bad I regret ever taking it.

MemberMember
(@clairesage)

Posted : 12/12/2022 9:58 am

Hi,

For those who stopped Spiro, do you have an update? I was on 50mg for 4 months and stopped due to irregular periods and dry/saggy skin. I had a 2 week period. Ive been off it for 5 weeks and Im still waiting for my period. I think it might me 5 days late so far. Cant tell because of my last 2 week period. This is so nerve wracking.

Thanks in advance.