Notifications
Clear all

Dianette Diary

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/03/2014 6:53 pm

Day 113. Day 1 of month 5.

Skin is shockingly good? Spots have healed, no real active pimples all just healing.

MemberMember
(@marie3892)

Posted : 12/04/2014 10:37 am

Brilliant - fingers crossed this is the beginning of a calm and settled time!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/07/2014 6:12 am

Brilliant - fingers crossed this is the beginning of a calm and settled time!

Hows your daughters skin doing at the moment? :)

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/07/2014 6:28 am

Day 117. Day 5 of month 5.

Skin is still holding up well, although I do see three little pimples on my cheeks however i'm hoping these will just go straight down as they are tiny. Have drowned them in Duac to try not give them a chance to form- however if they do form ill be back to rubbish. Will keep you guys updated! But so far- so good :D

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 12/08/2014 6:13 pm

Hi sksk,

Just wanted to say I've been following your log. I'm on spiro and have been experiencing the up and downs of hormonal treatment, very frustrating!

I'm so happy that your skin is doing well, so excited for you!

Wishing you all the luck it stays that way!!

MemberMember
(@marie3892)

Posted : 12/09/2014 4:11 am

Hi there - hope things are still going well for you. My daughter's skin is really up and down! Some days looks red and spotty, but the next day much calmer! Overall I would say that it is getting calmer (hope I haven't jinxed it). The fact that her spots aren't hanging around as long as they used to is making her feel much more positive. All the best for now.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/09/2014 2:48 pm

Hi sksk,

Just wanted to say I've been following your log. I'm on spiro and have been experiencing the up and downs of hormonal treatment, very frustrating!

I'm so happy that your skin is doing well, so excited for you!

Wishing you all the luck it stays that way!!

Aw hello! Ah good- I'm so glad to hear that my log has helped people along their journey too!

Ah i hope it stays too! Thanks so much :) How long have you been on Spiro for? I'm in the UK and i asked my doctor for that before the Dianette- but he said he'd never heard of this being given out as a skin treatment as was only used in the US?!

Hi there - hope things are still going well for you. My daughter's skin is really up and down! Some days looks red and spotty, but the next day much calmer! Overall I would say that it is getting calmer (hope I haven't jinxed it). The fact that her spots aren't hanging around as long as they used to is making her feel much more positive. All the best for now.

Ah- thats so good that she's having calmer times though! This is where it all started getting better for me :) although there were still bad times, there were just as many good which was a really nice change

Day 119. Day 7 of month 5.

Skin is still holding up well :D one small pimple on my forehead, thats about it! One tiny one pretty much healed on one cheek- so faint only i would notice. Wowwww. Of course my skin is still experiencing a lot of red scarring so doesn't look nice without make up- however, this will fade with time and is easily coverable :) So i'm super happy. Preying it'll last!!!!!!

Currently using Duac on any spots that do try and come up- this seems to zap them before they get a chance. Also just using a light concealer for uni and work, letting my skin breathe as much as possible apart from special events! :)

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/11/2014 5:48 pm

Day 121. Day 9 of month 5.

Skin is still good. It's average i'd say, which i'm happy with. It definitely has been better, but it has been a lot lot lot wore, so its still good for me.

Little 2 spots coming up on my cheek/mouth area, annoying but hey ho, it's always been worse right :)

Still very happy with the progress. Will keep updating :)

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/12/2014 1:10 pm

Day 122. Day 10 of month 5.

Skin is still okay, but got a couple of spots on one side. So not greaaaaaat. Which is funny because this is usually the time of the month when my skin is at its very very best! But hey ho, if it doesn't get any worse i'll be happy still :) although, my breakouts never seen to come half hearted, and usually when i get a couple a lot follow.

Its awfully scarred from all these breakouts now. However, luckily they're flat red scars and can be covered.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 12/12/2014 6:42 pm

Hi sksk,

I've been on spiro for a little over 3 months. First 2 months were complete hell. Then I started to clear. Was doing great up until beginning of last week. I got one of the biggest cysts I've ever gotten!! it was HUGE! I went and got it shot. Since then my skin has doing pretty good, just one little cyst a few days ago that is already disappearing. Very happy with skin right now.

I'm so happy to hear you're doing ok too :)...Let's keep up the good work :)

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/14/2014 5:54 am

Hi sksk,

I've been on spiro for a little over 3 months. First 2 months were complete hell. Then I started to clear. Was doing great up until beginning of last week. I got one of the biggest cysts I've ever gotten!! it was HUGE! I went and got it shot. Since then my skin has doing pretty good, just one little cyst a few days ago that is already disappearing. Very happy with skin right now.

I'm so happy to hear you're doing ok too ...Let's keep up the good work

Ah thats interesting. Do you still get occasional break outs now or is yours consistently good? I'm still having ups and downs but the downs are so much better each time. Glad to hear you've got improvements! :)

Are you in the UK? As my doctor swore he'd never heard of giving out Spiro for acne when I asked!

Day 124. Day 12 of month 5.

Skin is, okay..... Ish. Its not great by any means and is the worst its been in about 13 days. However, it still is a lot better than it was before this pill or at the beginning of it. Got one absolutely huge spot on one side of my face, then a few little ones the other side. However they are very, very, very small.

Which is strange, because usually this is the time of the month where my skins at its best. And the last 2 weeks are when it is not good at all. However, this month, its been good when its usually bad.

If this is the extent of the breakout- it's the best one so far. Which means great improvement! :) however, not at all happy with my skin today after its been quite good recently. :(

Onwards and upwards.

MemberMember
(@marie3892)

Posted : 12/15/2014 4:37 am

Hi there - stay positive, things are getting better and you are getting closer and closer to the 6 month mark. I do understand that the ups and downs are very frustrating and upsetting though. It's good that you can see an improvement from when you started taking the Dianette and I'm sure it will work for you and my daughter, it just seems to take forever! We read recently that only 30% of people get clear in 3 months, with most people it takes the 6 months - so that encouraged us a bit. My daughter is finding it really frustrating at the moment - on the positive side she only has a couple of spots at any one time, but they are really big and red and leave red marks. As soon as they go another couple appear! Anyway as you say onwards and upwards

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/15/2014 4:54 am

Hi there - stay positive, things are getting better and you are getting closer and closer to the 6 month mark. I do understand that the ups and downs are very frustrating and upsetting though. It's good that you can see an improvement from when you started taking the Dianette and I'm sure it will work for you and my daughter, it just seems to take forever! We read recently that only 30% of people get clear in 3 months, with most people it takes the 6 months - so that encouraged us a bit. My daughter is finding it really frustrating at the moment - on the positive side she only has a couple of spots at any one time, but they are really big and red and leave red marks. As soon as they go another couple appear! Anyway as you say onwards and upwards

Ah thanks so much- what an encouraging email!

Just hoping i'm having a clear stage over the Christmas and New Years Eve period!

Thats exactly the same as me, I have maybe 2/3 today but they are very red and sore as well as at least 4 more bad large red scars which are flat but look very sore and active although they are not.

How far into it is your daughter now? How did the skipping the 7 day break go? Did this stop the breakout, or did her skin still break out during that time? I really don't want mine to be bad over xmas/nye, however I feel like i've stuck to the the proper routine for so long now I may as well just carry it on :) really don't want to confuse my body any more.

Day 125. Day 13 of month 5.

Skin is, not great. 2/3 horrible spots. However, it's been worse. It's also been a lot better recently :( so a big step backwards in my progress. However, beens as my skins been better for a while i'm feeling positive and can definitely see the light at the end of the tunnel! Hopefully this not great period does not last for long. There was a stage for the past couple of weeks where it was looking really quite nice for me apart from the scars :) and with make up nobody would ever know!!!

I do wish i didn't have all the scarring though, however i'll just wait for those to fade with time :) It makes my skin makeup less look much worse, however its much better than actives. Hate breaking out as I know i'll end up with more scars!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/15/2014 9:19 am

Still day 125. Day 13 of month 5.

5 very large, red spots on bottom half of face :(

Bit confused as its usually good at about half way through my pack?

MemberMember
(@marie3892)

Posted : 12/15/2014 1:52 pm

How frustrating for you! This journey is very hard! My daughter is also fed up tonight - she came home from school with a huge spot on her chin that is sore and really red - feeling very deflated. Do you think diet has any bearing on anything? I have noticed that her skin always seems worse after the weekend - she probably eats more junk at the weekend. She is also quite stressed, doing quite a lot of exams at school, so maybe that isn't helping.

In terms of skipping the 7 day break - her skin was more settled during that week and a bit of the week after, but she was still breaking out just not as much as she has done on the 7 day break. At the moment she is day 15 of the 5th pack.

Stay strong my friend.

MemberMember
(@marie3892)

Posted : 12/16/2014 3:26 am

Hi me again

I'm guessing that you have probably read these, but just in case thought they might help. These are some of the comments from Dianette reviews:

It helped improve my skin considerably; if you're on it now then have patience, it took about six months to really kick in.

I took it for six months & yes it did clear my acne & I no longer had oily skin, however, it took the full six months to see any improvement.

I would say to anyone who is using this product to STICK WITH IT!

I read a lot of reviews that say this works after a few months but for me this took about 6 months but it is definitely worth the wait!

Ive tried most of the other prescription pills & nothing else has worked as well as this. I now only get the occasional blackhead whereas before I was getting new big spots every day.

I have been on dianette for nearly 6 months and only in the past week my skin has cleared up. I have been very close to quitting after reading bad reviews but this pill does work eventually, it just takes a long time.

Ok I hated Dianette at first, all I did was break out really bad. You have to realise it will take months! But now, after sticking it out for six months my skin is finally clear!! I do find it really cleared my acne, its just so hard to stick with it with the initial break out.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/16/2014 4:55 am

Day 126. Day 14 of month 5.

Now new breakouts- but the 3 large spots are absolutely huge. And so so so so red and look so sore. Haven't had a spot like this in soooooooo long? Let alone 3. Very very confusing.

Hi Marie3892! Ah- for some reason it won't let me quote your message to reply?! Hope you get this!

I recognise a lot of those quotes from the reviews right, as you can tell i've read them a lot haha, but thank you so so so much for putting them all in one place! I will take a picture on my phone- and whenever i feel like losing hope i'll have a read through of those! Thats so so so so so helpful!

Ah bless your daughter. I agree, when my dermatologist told me people did not see Dianette results until 6 months i thought ahhhh that won't be me, mine will be fine in a couple of months. But she really wasn't lying! Really thought my skin had turned a corner over the past couple of weeks! Honestly thought it had fully kicked in. But never mind. Just so confused as to why my skins usually so good at this stage but now its rubbish? However, its usually bad over when it would be christmas, so i'm hoping beens as its being bad now it'll have its good part over christmas ! That would be wonderful :)

Are you going to continue with the 7 day break? Or keep skipping? I think i may as well continue having the break now, because i've done it for so long to stick to the routine.

MemberMember
(@marie3892)

Posted : 12/17/2014 5:29 am

We are confused too - my daughter's skin is definitely dodgy at the moment. She wants to quit, but it's so close to the 6 month mark, I think that it would be silly to quit when she has come this far.

Not sure whether she will skip the 7 day break this time - she didn't skip last month and her skin was more unsettled than the month when she did skip, so it's tempting to skip it!

How are things with you today?

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/22/2014 4:38 pm

Day 130. Day 20 of month 5.

Skin is holding up well- really really really keeping my fingers crossed.

Two little spots come up on one side.

I've said this so many times and its just broke out terribly after- but i'm really keeping my fingers crossed this month as usually by day 20 its gone mad! And currently its okay two more spots than I had before a few days ago when I wasn't so close towards the end of my pack, however it's much better than my previous monthly breakouts. (For now) :(

Christmas eve in 2 days, hoping it holds up lovely for Christmas! So exciting.

We are confused too - my daughter's skin is definitely dodgy at the moment. She wants to quit, but it's so close to the 6 month mark, I think that it would be silly to quit when she has come this far.

Not sure whether she will skip the 7 day break this time - she didn't skip last month and her skin was more unsettled than the month when she did skip, so it's tempting to skip it!

How are things with you today?

Ah no! Tell her not to quit- I'd hate her to not stick it out to the 6 months and be so so close to clearing up!

Theres not much to lose now is there- with a month left she may as well finish it!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/26/2014 10:33 am

Day 134. Day 24 of month 5.

Skin is looooovely!!! Today is boxing day, and skin was in a good state for the past 3 days, so today, Christmas day and New Years day :)

Monthly breakout was good- one or two spots so amazing! Definitely not something to complain about.

So so so so so happy :D Had a lovely Christmas

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/28/2014 3:37 pm

Day 136. Day 26 of month 5.

Skin is holding up okay- still two little spots but absolutely nothing to really complain about considering i'm due on tomorrow and it would usually be awful at this time. So so so happy- will keep updating.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/31/2014 5:08 am

Day 139. Day 1 of month 6.

Skin has hold up so well over the Christmas period. During the lead up to my Time of the month, I've only ever had 2 small active pimples at one time which is great!!!!

This month has been such a turn around month- and while my skin is not flawless it has got 1 million times better and hasn't affected me doing anything :) so end of month 5 has really been the turn around point for me!

Just got one tiny spot on my chin, and one on my cheek / jawline area, so I'm more than happy. And today is New Years eve!

Will keep updating to see how this month goes, as usually mid month I'll have a breakout and I'm hoping this month (month 6) this will not come! And to see when I become fully 100% clear. But really great progress these past couple of weeks :D

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 12/31/2014 10:18 am

Yayyyyyyyyyy!!! I am so happpppy for you!!

Have a happy happy New Year!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 01/02/2015 6:45 am

Yayyyyyyyyyy!!! I am so happpppy for you!!

Have a happy happy New Year!

Thank you so much :) ! Happy new year x

Day 141. Day 3 of month 6.

Had two small pimples the last time I updated (2 days ago), yesterday these pimples surfaced into way bigger ones, however today they seem to have gone down slightly. Its the worst my skins been in a couple of weeks or so, however, two pimples at one time is 10 million times better than what it was a matter of months ago! So not complaining too much :)

Funny its happened at this stage though, as usually when i'm coming off my totm, and starting my new pack my skin is at its best. However, the pattern in which my skin has a breakout is definitely changing this month.

So still a lot better, and i'm so much happier with it, but definitely a hiccup in the progress :) it's expected though during this time of the month. And this monthly breakout compared to what i've had since the beginning of the year is literally nothing.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 01/05/2015 6:57 am

Day 144. Day 6 of month 6.

Skin is reclearing. Pimples that came up are most definitely going back down. Hoping to have a period of clear skin from here :) Will keep updating as I get so so so close to being clear :D

Seen such major progress recently, it really does take a long time but works!