Notifications
Clear all

Dianette Diary

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/05/2014 6:03 am

Day 85. Month 4, day 1.

Skin isn't great, 3 new spots. Preying I will be clear soon during month 4 and it will finally stay. So fed up beyond words.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/08/2014 5:04 am

Day 88. Day 4 of month 4.

Skin seems to be re-clearing and calming. One thing i've learnt about Dianette is that it is so so so up and down and it flips so quickly between great and terrible which puts me very on edge haha. Hoping i'll stay clear now, but it seems a little too good to be true with the amount of false alarms i've had.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/09/2014 4:56 am

Day 89. Day 5 of month 4.

Two huge pimples on the side of my cheek.

:(

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/11/2014 6:48 am

Day 91. Day 7 of month 4. Skin is average. Seems to be healing although I can see some little red spots coming up? Not sure if they will just settle and go back down or turn into pimples. Hoping they won't. Wish I could fast forward.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/11/2014 10:16 am

Still day 91. Day 7 of month 4. Reassessed my skin after taking off some sudocrem I had on overnight with a baby wipe. Looks awful. So spotty. So fed up. Will this treatment really work for me?! Preying it will :(

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 11/12/2014 5:40 pm

Just wondering if you're using brand name or if you're using a generic? They say there's no difference but I found brand name is a little more effective (could be placebo effect though). Don't give up though! Even though you're on pack 4 you've only been on it for 91 days so 3 months. For me, when it took me 5 months I meant literally 5 months haha, not 5 packs (I think it ended up being 7 packs or something).

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/13/2014 4:48 am

Just wondering if you're using brand name or if you're using a generic? They say there's no difference but I found brand name is a little more effective (could be placebo effect though). Don't give up though! Even though you're on pack 4 you've only been on it for 91 days so 3 months. For me, when it took me 5 months I meant literally 5 months haha, not 5 packs (I think it ended up being 7 packs or something).

Hi there! Thanks so much for your reply :)

Yeah it is the official Brand Name Dianette. How did skipping 7 day breaks go for you? I've considered it many times throughout desperation however I really wanted to get my body into a monthly natural routine so decided against it. I can't believe it could be another 2 months, i'm so so so desperate to have my skin back! :( It's effecting my life so much

How long were you on Dianette for? Or are you still on it? :)

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 11/14/2014 3:48 pm

Hi there! Thanks so much for your reply

Yeah it is the official Brand Name Dianette. How did skipping 7 day breaks go for you? I've considered it many times throughout desperation however I really wanted to get my body into a monthly natural routine so decided against it. I can't believe it could be another 2 months, i'm so so so desperate to have my skin back! It's effecting my life so much

How long were you on Dianette for? Or are you still on it?

I think skipping the breaks helped for me in the beginning. And well, you're not ovulating on birth control and when you bleed it's not the same as a real period so technically there's nothing natural going on at all haha, if that's what you're worried about.

I'm still on it, almost 1.5 years. I still skip sometimes (not usually) but when I'm on my period week my "break outs" usually consist of 1-2 small pimples that go away pretty fast.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/15/2014 5:00 am

Very true- I just meant I wanted to keep to a routine. Of 3 weeks on 1 week off. To keep everything regular :)

Oh wow thats great! Has your doctor said anything about you having to come off Dianette at any point?

When was it you saw results? I'm about half way through month 4 and my skin seems reasonably calm at the moment. Although this happens every month for about 10 days and then breaks out again, hoping one of these days it will just stay good :)

Thanks so much for your replies. So nice to speak to another Dianette user!

MemberMember
(@marie3892)

Posted : 11/15/2014 5:59 am

Hi! I'm pleased to hear that your skin has calmed down - this roller coaster ride with Dianette is so frustrating! My daughter skipped the 7 day break this time between packs 3 and 4 - was going away on a school trip and didn't want the break while she was away. She is now on day 13 of pack 4. During pack 4 she has had about 10 days of better skin - not perfect but better, this is the clearest time she has had so far on Dianette. So whether this was down to not having the break or getting past month 3 who knows. She has however broken out again over the last few days which is really disappointing - really thought she had turned a corner! Hoping it clears up quickly.

Did your doctor say how long you could stay on Dianette?

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 11/15/2014 2:03 pm

Very true- I just meant I wanted to keep to a routine. Of 3 weeks on 1 week off. To keep everything regular

Oh wow thats great! Has your doctor said anything about you having to come off Dianette at any point?

When was it you saw results? I'm about half way through month 4 and my skin seems reasonably calm at the moment. Although this happens every month for about 10 days and then breaks out again, hoping one of these days it will just stay good

It really depends on the doctor - my family doctor would rather I go off it but the other doctor I see mainly for my skin says it's fine as long as I don't smoke and stuff. I started in July 2013 and it was probably in December 2013 that I really saw lasting results. I was like you! Skin would be pretty calm for a week, and every month my "calm" phases would be longer, but then I'd break out. But one day the "calm" phase just sort of lasted and I stopped getting bad breakouts.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/18/2014 6:13 am

Very true- I just meant I wanted to keep to a routine. Of 3 weeks on 1 week off. To keep everything regular

When was it you saw results? I'm about half way through month 4 and my skin seems reasonably calm at the moment. Although this happens every month for about 10 days and then breaks out again, hoping one of these days it will just stay good

It really depends on the doctor - my family doctor would rather I go off it but the other doctor I see mainly for my skin says it's fine as long as I don't smoke and stuff. I started in July 2013 and it was probably in December 2013 that I really saw lasting results. I was like you! Skin would be pretty calm for a week, and every month my "calm" phases would be longer, but then I'd break out. But one day the "calm" phase just sort of lasted and I stopped getting bad breakouts.

Yeah I get you. When I went to the dermatologist she gave me a letter and sent a letter to the doctors saying I can have Dianette for as long as it is beneficial to my skin, so thats a relief.

Yeah I think that'll be when I see results. Ah i'm so glad to hear thats how it worked for you too, because thats exactly how its been for me! :) Can't wait for my calm phase to last! It's so so dissapointing when you break out again isn't it- i've had false hope so many times! I've just added Duac gel from the doctors each evening before bed to my skincare regime, so hoping that'll give my skin a little bump start. Thanks so much for your replies! It's really given me so much hope again! Really appreciate it :)

Hi! I'm pleased to hear that your skin has calmed down - this roller coaster ride with Dianette is so frustrating! My daughter skipped the 7 day break this time between packs 3 and 4 - was going away on a school trip and didn't want the break while she was away. She is now on day 13 of pack 4. During pack 4 she has had about 10 days of better skin - not perfect but better, this is the clearest time she has had so far on Dianette. So whether this was down to not having the break or getting past month 3 who knows. She has however broken out again over the last few days which is really disappointing - really thought she had turned a corner! Hoping it clears up quickly.

Did your doctor say how long you could stay on Dianette?

Thats exactly the same day as I'm on! Ah thats good to hear that she's started having clearer spells! Thats been happening to me for the month 2 or 3 months, however every single time i've broke out all over again. So don't worry too much if it keeps happening as i've had it multiple times and managed to re-clear for a section of the next month. Although its gets more disappointing every time it happens! Did your daughter have any other side effects from skipping a break? I have no reason to skip the 7 day breaks at the moment so I think i'll carry on as routined for now

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/18/2014 6:46 am

Day 98? Day 14 of month 4.

Skin is, average still. Good with a light concealer- bad without. Has been clearer, has been worse. Forehead has a few little pimples in a cluster, a few on one cheek and an absolutely HUGE one on one side however the rest of this side of my face is completely beautiful and clear.

Just added some Duac to my nightly skincare regime from the doctors. Have used this before years ago so it's still on repeat for me from the chemist. Rang up looking for a topical and thought i'd give that a try. I like to use something on my skin topical and medicated as i feel like my skin really needs a little boost at the moment, its just not at the stage where Dianette can keep it fully clear on its own yet. Will see how this new regime goes :) Feeling good about having a topical back in my life, especially one as easy to use as Duac.

Skin was always nice when using Zineryt lotion and that was without the pill- so the combination of both should bring amazing results :) Fingers crossed. Will do daily updates now due to adding the Duac.

Skin feels slightly tight today after using it last night, glad i'm not leaving the house so I dont have to put any make up on. However, it doesn't feel all too dry. Used my La Roche Posay moistouriser before to try and avoid dryness and redness :)

MemberMember
(@marie3892)

Posted : 11/18/2014 9:14 am

Yes I guess it is a good sign that she is having clearer spells, but as you say the subsequent breakouts are disappointing as you get your hopes up that it is the beginning of finally getting clear! She hasn't had any side effects from skipping the break. We'll be interested to hear how you get on with the Duac gel, our pharmacist recommended it, but our GP has given her Dalacin T lotion to try - have you used it? If so what did you think of it? She was put off because the leaflet that came with it said it can make your skin oily. It's good to hear you sounding more positive.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/22/2014 4:58 am

Day 102- day 18 of month 4.

Skin is calm! One large pimple on left hand side, although seems to be settling down. Other than that no new active spots- just old ones clearing which are small or little red scars. But skin is calm, soft and reasonably flat. Preying it lasts this time :) will keep updating

Yes I guess it is a good sign that she is having clearer spells, but as you say the subsequent breakouts are disappointing as you get your hopes up that it is the beginning of finally getting clear! She hasn't had any side effects from skipping the break. We'll be interested to hear how you get on with the Duac gel, our pharmacist recommended it, but our GP has given her Dalacin T lotion to try - have you used it? If so what did you think of it? She was put off because the leaflet that came with it said it can make your skin oily. It's good to hear you sounding more positive.

So disappointing! My skin has been calm for a good 10 days now. Only 2 pimples at a time which is really good. I Have 3 pills left of strip 4. Usually this weekend is about the time I'll break out really badly as its around 10 days before my period, so I'm preying that won't happen this month! Will keep updating :)

Duac is good- is a really nice cream to apply as its cool (stays in the fridge) and easy to use. However I'm just re learning how to use it- for example daily will NEVER work out. It's so so drying. Every other day seems okay with moisturising one or twice a day, which I NEVER EVER usually do. (with my la Roche posay efflaclar duo which is hardly a proper one but my skin wouldn't tolerate a normal one) also, never put it on the chin or around the mouth- mine became very flaky from just 2 applications as the skin there is more sensitive. I've never used the topical you've named!

How's your daughter getting on now?

MemberMember
(@marie3892)

Posted : 11/22/2014 2:14 pm

Hi - glad your skin is still calm My daughter is still recovering from the last breakout - big spots on her chin that have left lots of red marks - so she's pretty down about that. The type of spots that she has now are different to the ones she had before dianette. Before they were small, but lots of them like a rash now she gets less but they are much bigger and hang around longer. It sounds like Duac probably isn't for her then as most of her spots are on her chin - which is already pretty flaky. She is also about to embark on the 7 day break - fingers crossed that it is a calm time for both of you

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/24/2014 6:57 am

Day 104. Day 20 of month 4.

3 spots formed yesterday. One very large, sore one on my chin and two next to my lip. This is due to being a day away from the 7 day break, and happens every month like clockwork. Not great- however, i've had much much much worse time of the month breakouts so if this is the extent of it theres a very clear improvement in each monthly breakout, however, who knows if itll get worse. I'm really hoping not!

Hi - glad your skin is still calm My daughter is still recovering from the last breakout - big spots on her chin that have left lots of red marks - so she's pretty down about that. The type of spots that she has now are different to the ones she had before dianette. Before they were small, but lots of them like a rash now she gets less but they are much bigger and hang around longer. It sounds like Duac probably isn't for her then as most of her spots are on her chin - which is already pretty flaky. She is also about to embark on the 7 day break - fingers crossed that it is a calm time for both of you

Yeah thats the same as me actually, i used to have loads of medium sized whereas i seem to get fewer, sorer, bigger ones.

My 7 day break starts tomorrow- have broken out a bit but if this is the extent of the breakout its definitely getting so much better each month. And i'm still very appreciative of having reasonably clear skin for probably the longest i ever have this month. So i can see very clear improvements as each month goes by. Hoping it'll continue to improve. Hope your daughters skin is okay on the 7 day break- if shes still recovering from the last breakout the last thing she needs is more to deal with! Would you say you've seen improvements since before starting Dianette? :)

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/24/2014 5:50 pm

Just washed my face this evening. Face isnt looking too great. The spot on my chin is literally so so so sore and without being gross absoloutely huge. How gutting. The 7 day break commences once again. When will these monthly breakouts stop. Hoping it doesn't get any worse.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/26/2014 3:27 am

Day 105. First day of the 7 day break of month 4, strip 4.

Skin has indeed got progressively worse over the past couple of days like I excpected, as it does every month. Skin looks tragic- sore red and spotty. Painful spots coming from under the skin- so red and sore!

When will this stop happening !!!!! Come on Dianette :( 🙁 :(

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/27/2014 8:36 am

Day 106. Day 2 of the 7 day break so day 23 of month 4.

Skin hasn't got much worse, is definitely the most calm time of the month break out i've had throughout the whole of my experience on Dianette, so i suppose regardless of it not being great at the moment its definitely getting better as i carry on anyway :)

MemberMember
(@marie3892)

Posted : 11/27/2014 3:40 pm

Hi, even though you are still breaking out, it sounds as though the Dianette is working - a slow process I know, but you are having clearer spells each month which is great. Hopefully those clear spells will now get longer and longer I think there has been some progress where my daughter is concerned, but it does seems to be very slow. She always has spots, never a day without any, but they have changed. Her worst area is pretty calm now, but other areas where she didn't used to get spots are now spotty - which is very annoying!! She is a bit down because she thought that she would be clear by now, but from all the info we have read on this site, we know that it can take 6 months - fingers crossed for pack 5.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/29/2014 2:49 am

Hi, even though you are still breaking out, it sounds as though the Dianette is working - a slow process I know, but you are having clearer spells each month which is great. Hopefully those clear spells will now get longer and longer smile.png I think there has been some progress where my daughter is concerned, but it does seems to be very slow. She always has spots, never a day without any, but they have changed. Her worst area is pretty calm now, but other areas where she didn't used to get spots are now spotty - which is very annoying!! She is a bit down because she thought that she would be clear by now, but from all the info we have read on this site, we know that it can take 6 months - fingers crossed for pack 5.

Yeah I'm really preying also for the 6 months clearing. Mines still breaking out horribly on my TOTM, which it is doing currently :( I definrely thought I would be clear by now. I used to read stuff online saying 3 months max- I wish! :(

That's exactly the same as me though, rest assured my skin is still playing up and progress is very very slow... Month 5 here we come!

Day 109. Day 4 of my 7 day break of month 4.

Skin is- rubbish. Getting gradually worse throughout the break. 5 rather big spots on one side and a couple of little ones on the other.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/30/2014 7:17 am

Day 110. Day 5 of my 7 day break of month 4.

One side of face is good, one clearing spot. Forehead is good, one small spot near brow. However, the breakout on the left side of my face is still just as bad as yesterday (obviously). Face is sore and horrid. Also peeling from the duac. Deffo laying off that for a few days. Not in a good way at all! I've got to laugh or i'll cry (again) haha. This whole experience is so so so so depressing, i've not dealt with it well at all and get extremely upset and let it effect my life an extreme amount more than is healthy. However, i'm trying to stay positive, and literally PREYING that my 7 day break in month 5 is okay :(

With Christmas coming up, i really dont want to have an unhappy Christmas with awful skin :( very stressful. Feel as though i'm running out of time

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/01/2014 6:56 am

Day 111. Day 6 of my 7 day break from month 4.

Skin is in the same state. One side is bad, 5 very large spots but no more have formed. The other side is good, forehead is very good.

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 12/02/2014 6:29 am

Day 112. Day 7 of my 7 day break of month 4.

Skin is re clearing well. Ah- so up and down!