Notifications
Clear all

Dianette

MemberMember
(@brenmc)

Posted : 10/01/2013 5:31 pm

I have nodular acne, which are those painful lumps under the skin. I took Diane for a few years and it worked quite well to clear that up. It did not refine the look of my pores. If you want to refine the look of your pores then laser treatments, such as laser genesis, help with that (somewhat). As well, a good line of face wash and moisturizer, such as: Holistic Vanity, Pure and Simple or Keys Soap help minimize pores.

I went off Diane because of the side effects of taking synthetic hormones: weight gain, moodiness, etc..It also only cleared me about 75%. If/when you decide to come off of Diane, be sure to wean off gradually or you may have a horrible explosion of acne, like I did. When I first quit Diane years ago, I quit cold turkey and my acne became ten times worse. I had no choice but to go back on Diane; I eventually weaned off to better results (though my acne did return it wasnt as bad as the first time quitting Diane).

Hey all, I am new to the forum. I just wanted to ask anyone who can offer some further advice on Dianette. I have been taking it now for one month, and I did notice that my skin was less oily in the first few weeks, although I broke out quite badly in my week off. Can I ask has anybody else experienced a relapse in their monthly week off the pill? Does it continue or does it subside after taking it for a certain period? Also, I personally suffer more so on my face with congestive acne i.e. large pores, blackheads, and lumps and bumps under the skin more so than large pimples. Can anybody say whether Dianette has helped with this form of acne? I would particularly like to know if people have noticed a reduction in size of pores? Mine are huge so I am praying for this added bonus!!! Has anybody found combining Dianette with antibiotics helps? I have also been taking oxytetracyline for 6 months now but haven't felt it has done much, could anybody recommend another antibiotic which they have found compliments Dianette for moderate acne? Thanks for any advice!!!

MemberMember
(@jordgaley123678)

Posted : 10/09/2013 3:01 pm

Hi

I've suffered with horrendous skin for pretty much all of my teenage/young adult life, when I was 16 I was prescribed Dianette which had an absolutely amazing effect on my skin, it cleared up completely and I didn't suffer for a few years! Now I'm 22 and for the past year and a half my spots have come back with a vengeance! I have tried everything I was given by my doctor until I asked if I could try Dianette again, which I was given but I was put on it alongside Lymecycline, an after 3 months my skin was just as bad, is it possible that the two medications cancelled each other out? Because Dianette worked so well for me when the first time I was on it, I am wanting to request to be prescribed it again, however I more than anything want it to work!

I hope you can help me

Thanks