Notifications
Clear all

Will zinc help me?

MemberMember
(@fcntcsy)

Posted : 03/23/2018 4:07 pm

I have changed my diet (removed dairy and gluten), i drink plenty of water everyday, started taking enteragam for my ibs, exercise regularly, and i soon hope to start evening primrose oil for hormonal balance. I wash with a mild cleanser and use apple cider vinegar as a toner. Would zinc benefit my acne? If it helps, I had an eating disorder in the past that may have messed with hormones and or vitamin levels. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/15/2018 6:43 pm

hard to say if it will help you. there is many factors, like your type of acne / diet / age / skin type etc..

im not a doctor butfrom what i understand, if your diet is poor on zinc or you drink fizzy drinks like coke (i heard coke zaps zinc) it might help?

there is a recommended list of acne/skin helping vitamins like vitamin D, D3 and vitamin C etc - do some research on upper limits. its important not to take too much of one vitamin. (over doing it might make you sick)

also from what i understand, it takes time to build up in your body - vitamins start to work after a few weeks/months.

MemberMember
(@blossomingskin)

Posted : 05/25/2018 9:07 pm

Give zinc a try, I asked my doctor about it and he said its worth having a try, there have been studies which have shown zinc supplements are equally as effective in treating acne as antibiotics.
Id recommend only up to 15-30mg at most as too much of zinc can cause copper deficiency