Notifications
Clear all

Only mud mask - no face wash hypothesis. Please read

MemberMember
(@stiffchocolate)

Posted : 06/12/2016 7:00 pm

Hi guys
background - accutane for 6 months for moderate acne. These days I have up to 3 spots on my face at a time with al my hyper pigmentation
current routine which was working fairly well - dairy free, wash twice a day with aloe Vera himayalan face wash, mud mask every other day, green tea and a spoonful of coconut oil a day, emu oil as spot treatment over night as well as icing any spots I feel coming.
HYPOTHESIS I've came to- in my family 2 of my brothers have very clear skin who never wash their face although my other brother has moderate acne and he is the same as me - washing face twice a day. I feel the best way to beat acne is only washing with water and sometimes clay masking. I'm going to try this and will see how it goesive heard many good reports of this strange routine of not using face wash. If anyone has any experience on this please tell me and any comments questions are welcome . Many thanks

MemberMember
(@acnescience)

Posted : 06/12/2016 7:12 pm

Honestly, you'd have better luck removing the face wash completely and just sticking to the mud mask. Your diet is good and everything seems good for acne. I'd recommend you take Zinc For Acne and you'd see how fast that'd change things for acne. I've posted a few things in my posts of recommendations to try.

Face washes generally aren't the devil. There's a lot of face washes that disrupt the PH of your skin, strip oil, and actually leave toxic chemicals on your face that disrupts your skin's integrity. But that doesn't mean paint them all bad, as I know and a lot of others know that certain face washes are miracle workers for our oily skin.