Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin A advice please!

MemberMember
(@baibe)

Posted : 05/11/2016 11:51 am

So after a recommendation from a friend I'm trying vitamin A for my acne, I know that an overdose can kill you so I've been quite careful and am having 5000 iu twice a day.

first question: is that a safe amount? And is it enough?

I started maybe two or three weeks ago I'm not really sure and saw no effect to begin with, now I am having gross huge yellow pustules among the usual bumps. And more than the norm of those too.
Is this my skin purging? I mean there was a day in there where I wore heavy make-up which is something my work often calls for its possible that's what I'm seeing but I did clean my face thoroughly after.

so yes those are my questions I'm hopeful someone can help?thanks

MemberMember
(@roseypiedrasanta12)

Posted : 12/21/2016 11:35 pm

Ive had the same problem recently im taking 8,000 iu 2 at a time. The first week i broke out with whiteheads bad . Which i didn't know if it was from my vitamin E capsules that i take also. I cut it that out and it kind of helped. Im still taking it i see a slight difference my skin is less oily and my acne doesn't seem so angry.

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 12/23/2016 10:46 am

I tried this. Once you cross over 10,000iu/day, I noticed that purging will take place. The other thing I noticed, is that you are more likely to scar. It seems to me that it pushes everything in your skin to the surface at an accelerated rate. I noticed that of the bumps and heads that began to surface, a lot of them would have been attacked and killed below the surface by my immune system and I never would have even seen them.
My acne is the mild to moderate (although to me it feels worse). But, when my acne heals, it heals without scarring. I decided for me, it was best to back off. My acne could probably benefit from a slight boost to the process, but it's not worth permanent scarring. I'm trying to be patient with my skin. I realized that the bumps take as long as they do to heal, because my body is trying to prevent scarring. I take an extra 2500 to 5000 iu once a week right now...just to see if it helps over time. After about a month, my skin is less oily as well.

MemberMember
(@amrit-saini)

Posted : 12/23/2016 12:48 pm

Isn't vitamin c better?