Notifications
Clear all

Can I use a Cleanser with Salicylic Acid with 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide from the Regimen?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 02/28/2016 9:01 pm

As the name of the topic says. Can I? Or would that be too much? Both Salicylic and BP. I have been on the regimen for 5 months and some days now and I don't have any existing acne anymore but I may soon run out of the cleanser and I don't want to order any other product except the BP.

Would it make my face really dry? My friend uses both and nothing happens. Thanks

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 02/28/2016 9:11 pm

I recently re-started using a salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxideregiment, both products coming from Clean and Clear. I used to use it, and with pretty good success, until I switched, and then came back (and my acne is getting better). From my 5-6 months of total experience, I'd say the two products work quite well, but I'd definitely recommend using a good moisturizer, as the two do dry out your face a good bit. If your face ever feels dry and almost burning after applying benzoyl peroxide, I would recommend decreasing the amount/how often you apply the BP. (This has happened to me a few times, so just a heads up)

I found the Clean and Clear regiment on a post here on acne.org, but there are also a lot of other posts relating to just the use of the two products combined. Here's the link if you'd like to check it out:
Hope this helps! 🙂

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 02/29/2016 2:33 am

Thank you so much :) you really helped! 🙂

DeLovely liked