Notifications
Clear all

Alternatives To Erythomycin And Tretinoin

MemberMember
(@fedupandfrustrated)

Posted : 12/29/2014 9:37 pm

Hi all,

so I recently lost.my health insurance, which is a problem on its own, but I went to go fill my erythromycin topical solution 2% and Tretinoin Cream .025% and it is now $250 out of pocket... which needless to say I cannot afford. I was hoping for some insite to my options from here if anyone has any idea of what I can do. This is a hard thing for me to do, I have been depending on this medication to keep my face clear for 2 years now and im so afraid of the repercussions of getting off of it. I also really want to make sure I can find an alternative that will be as effective. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am also no longer on any horomonal birth control which truthfully jas bettered my skin. And have also developed bad back acnesince being off of it which needs to be tackled as well... im a mess...

MemberMember
(@bacterion)

Posted : 01/18/2015 3:55 pm

The best thing I can think of is Triacneal from Avene. It has retinaldehyde, which is also a retinoid, and glycolic acid. You can buy it without a prescription. In Europe it's around 15 $.

If you can't find that, look for any cream with retinol. It's almost acts like tretinoin, but you need a higher concentration (0.5-1 if I'm not mistaken).