Notifications
Clear all

Any Jojoba Oil Experts Out There?

MemberMember
(@misterhealthman)

Posted : 12/28/2014 11:46 am

So I have been using JOJOBA Oil on my face for about 5 weeks now, Acne.org brand. Ive heard of a purging process, i am 5 weeks in and am purging more than in the beginning? Does it take this long? I am popping more and more black heads and am breaking out on my neck, but I am somewhat optimistic because the rest of the face is looking good. Any advice?

MemberMember
(@jennijubjub)

Posted : 02/20/2015 9:38 am

I use a different brand of jojoba oil than you are using. The trick is to only use a little bit. If your face looks realllllly shiny, you have applied too much. I put a couple drops in my hands, rub them together, and apply it lightly and evenly to my face and neck. (also helps to apply it to a damp face...after a toner??) I do not 'break out' from jojoba oil.. I thuoght i was at one point, but when i stopped using it and went back to my old face cream my skin haaated it.. so i switched back to jojoba and now my skin is better than ever... (think the breakout was hormonal) but again, TOO much will probably clog pores..thats how i feel anyway.