Notifications
Clear all

Oil Cleansing Method

MemberMember
(@rakiebakie)

Posted : 12/22/2013 10:02 am

Hi guys,

I started doing the oil cleansing method 3 months ago on jojoba oil. The first month was amazing, my skin cleared up. Then the breakouts started... I've been using pure which hazel as a toner for the last month as it got so bad! Now it's a little better but I still have bumps on my jawline and really bad scarring.

I was advised to switch to grapeseed oil which I did yesterday, but to be honest I'm feeling pretty down about the state of my skin. I've been told to ditch the make up which I have also done but people stare when I go out!

Have others had any success on the OCM? My friend is thriving on it but does not have acne like me. You can see how t was a couple of weeks ago in the photo.

post-32189-0-68150600-1387724609_thumb.j

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/22/2013 10:19 am

maybe find a supplement to balance out your hormones , cut out dairy for a week completely and see how that goes , sugar ,

MemberMember
(@rakiebakie)

Posted : 12/22/2013 10:30 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm vegan so dairy is not an issue. I avoid sugar anyway and but I'm considering going Raw for the new year.

What supplement would you recommend?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/15/2014 3:44 pm

Hi guys,

I started doing the oil cleansing method 3 months ago on jojoba oil. The first month was amazing, my skin cleared up. Then the breakouts started... I've been using pure which hazel as a toner for the last month as it got so bad! Now it's a little better but I still have bumps on my jawline and really bad scarring.

I was advised to switch to grapeseed oil which I did yesterday, but to be honest I'm feeling pretty down about the state of my skin. I've been told to ditch the make up which I have also done but people stare when I go out!

Have others had any success on the OCM? My friend is thriving on it but does not have acne like me. You can see how t was a couple of weeks ago in the photo.

I suggest you first try DMSO. I'm so happy with the result (and I've only used it for a few weeks), I've become its evangelist. Wear it overnight and you should see a marked improvement.

You might also consider the following:

1) Grind 2 aspirin pills into a fine powder.

2) Mash or blend 1 whole banana with 1 tablespoon of raw honey.

Mix all the ingredients together and apply to the face as a mask. Leave on for at least 30 minutes.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 01/30/2014 6:47 pm

Hi guys,

My suggestion is to stop using the OCM. Grape seed oil is comedogenic and so is jojoba oil. Jojoba oil is actually a wax not an oil(the name is deceiving).

If you want to keep using OCM use safflower oil, sunflower oil, hemp seed oil or mineral oil as your carrier oil. Use lavender essential oil as your astringent oil. Lavender numbs, reduces redness and fights bacteria/fungus.

MemberMember
(@mindybenkert)

Posted : 02/28/2014 10:24 pm

A few supplements that might help would be fermented cod liver oil, which has vitamin d and vitamin a, a good probiotic and I've heard good things about Maca being able to help balance our hormones.

Are your breakouts hormonal?

Mindy

MemberMember
(@ambertaylor)

Posted : 03/08/2014 4:24 pm

I have done the oil cleansing method with castor oil before. I like it because my skin is very oily and the castor oil does not seem to make it a whole lot oilier. Plus it made my pores really go down in size.