Notifications
Clear all

Can Lemons Really Improve Scars?

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 04/30/2013 6:53 pm

hi, i dont know much about the effects of lemon juice but i would like to know if its known thats it can do anything bout scars (not red marks) ? im talking bout box or pickaxe..

i have a lemon tree so i can easly get lemons.. i wanna know if i should try it or it will be utterly useless ?

and if its helpful.. how long before i should see results?

also , i finished 5 month of accutane 1 week ago, should i still try lemons or its gonna affect me somehow in an unwanted way?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/01/2013 1:56 pm

no,not so fast after accutane.

a big no.

also,check the word of caution about lemons used on scars or spots on my blog.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 05/06/2013 9:21 am

I tried it once, not long enough to notice a difference but it made me skin feel like it was literally on fire - and I havent had my skin thinned out by accutane. S

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 05/07/2013 3:30 pm

I tried it once, not long enough to notice a difference but it made me skin feel like it was literally on fire - and I havent had my skin thinned out by accutane. S

sounds not so promising.., and what do u mean skin thinned out?

no,not so fast after accutane.

a big no.

also,check the word of caution about lemons used on scars or spots on my blog.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blog/6942/entry-26228-from-lemon-for-acnepih-words-of-cautionplease-note/

thanks for the info

how long after accutane?

and do u know if its known to be good for box/icepick scars? or its completly useless?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/08/2013 4:17 am

see,if u r intolerant to it..doesnt matter how long after accutane..u'll have problem anyway.

but if u're not then i'd say then atleast a few good months before u try lemon or anything similar on ur skin.

i'm not sure about ice-pick scars.i am myself working on it.researching i mean.

i'll let u know if i find something suitable.

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 05/14/2013 10:25 am

I've used lemon juice topically before to treat my red marks. It worked for that, and it gave my skin a very nice pale glow! It also kinda helps with active zits but not in a really big way.

Yes, it burns. especially the first couple of times you use it. but after about 2 or 3 uses, it no longer stung, at least for me. I usually would leave it on until it stopped burning, then wash it off. it didn't make my face red or anything.

I didn't see it help with any scars though. :(

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/15/2013 12:47 am

its not suppose to make u skin look red.its got citric acid which is a bleach.so its does help in lightening.

but definitely not with scars.

it works for many but it DOES NOT suit everyone.so guys please be careful.

MemberMember
(@mazgan)

Posted : 05/19/2013 10:21 am

I've used lemon juice topically before to treat my red marks. It worked for that, and it gave my skin a very nice pale glow! It also kinda helps with active zits but not in a really big way.

Yes, it burns. especially the first couple of times you use it. but after about 2 or 3 uses, it no longer stung, at least for me. I usually would leave it on until it stopped burning, then wash it off. it didn't make my face red or anything.

I didn't see it help with any scars though. sad.png

i might try it on a pimple see if works.. but just to make sure how long exactly do i keep it on me?

and do u know other natrual stuff that work better than lemons?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/19/2013 12:52 pm

within maxm 15 minutes its all gonna dry up.and u can wash it.

MemberMember
(@meandmyacne)

Posted : 05/19/2013 2:42 pm

I would suggest that you definitely shouldn't apply lemon on your scars or else you will suffer a great amount of burning sensation that's why I would advice you what I have been using since about 3 weeks and I have been actually using it for my scars and its a overnight solution and I promise u when you will wake up you will notice a huge difference it's called Emuaid overnight acne just dab it on your skin where the acne/scars are (doesn't have to be acne scars and in the morning your skin will be great. I bought it from amazon for about 30 but its worth it. The trick to applying it is very important, take a cotton swab and dab it on the scars/acne/even reddening areas than sleep in the morning wash it. Still if for any reason you are not fond of emuaid I would suggest that don't directly place lemon on your face instead take a bowl and place 2 spoonful of yogurt in it , 1 tsp (ful) of honey in it and 1 1/2 tsp of lemon in it, mix then apply on face wait 15 mins then wash off and it will definItely help because by doing this the affect of lemon isn't harsh on your skin and easily the scars lighten rapidly also you get other benefits such as smooth skin and fairer skin. Hope I helped!:)

MemberMember
(@aloeindica)

Posted : 05/20/2013 1:55 pm

i also use it but not help it more .

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/20/2013 2:02 pm

lemon juice has citric acid which is a bleach but its not likely to work on any sort of indented scars.

MemberMember
(@herbalglo)

Posted : 05/28/2013 4:40 pm

i tried the lemon juice regime but did not help over the long term.

It was a worth the try but I felt it was just making it worse after a slight dip.

At the end it was a herbal capsule that helped me rid me of my acne within 3 weeks.

(@LewisS)

Posted : 05/28/2013 5:04 pm

Mix half a lemon with whisked egg whites, apply to the face and once it's dry, wash it off with warm water.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 05/29/2013 4:42 pm

Why don't you try it internally instead of topically. Vitamin c helps collagen so if your scars a pretty new you might have a chance of seeing some improvement.

Add fresh lemon to your water or eat lots of tangerines. Add lemon or orange zest to your food. If you like Mexican food put lime juice or zest in it.

There are lots of other fruits that contain vitamin c. You can always try vitamin c supplements too so the enamel on your teeth won't wear off and become too thin due to the acidic citrus fruits.

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/30/2013 9:40 am

Why don't you try it internally instead of topically. Vitamin c helps collagen so if your scars a pretty new you might have a chance of seeing some improvement.

Add fresh lemon to your water or eat lots of tangerines. Add lemon or orange zest to your food. If you like Mexican food put lime juice or zest in it.

There are lots of other fruits that contain vitamin c. You can always try vitamin c supplements too so the enamel on your teeth won't wear off and become too thin due to the acidic citrus fruits.

liked.rolleyes.gif

(since my have exceeded the quota of likes for today)

MemberMember
(@ak1987)

Posted : 06/06/2013 8:38 am

Lemon juice really does work , I've used every single cream , pill and face wash. Good old lemon juice has worked because it makes your skins ph balance go up . Acne can't grow when your skin in alkaline .

Acne is also cause by diet .

If you go on a yeast free diet your skin will clear up . stress can also cause acne .

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 5:55 pm

no

scars fully covered on my thread

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 06/07/2013 4:45 am

here comes the king!sign_baaa.gif

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 06/09/2013 2:01 pm