Notifications
Clear all

Microdemabrsion At Home?

MemberMember
(@theoriginalbatman)

Posted : 03/31/2013 2:08 pm

Has anyone tried the PMD (i.e. http://www.amazon.co.uk/PMD-B005NQRPFO-Personal-Microderm-Microdermabrasion/dp/B005NQRPFO ). I've been using the regime and its helping a lot, however I thing that that its done all it can do for now without removing the blackheads/plugs - I've looked into Microdermabrasion, but its very expensive and I would need it on my face chest and legs - can't afford this - so it makes more sense to make a one off payment like this.

I've also thought about the following: what about buying a processional Microdermabrasion machine and going on a Microdermabrasion course? i.e get fully qulified to do it! become a profesional. it would cost around 900 quid but over the long term i think it would be a lot cheaper - has anyone done anything like this?

MemberMember
(@abfab6126)

Posted : 03/31/2013 2:56 pm

Are there any beauty schools where students are learning microdermabrasion near you? They need to practice the machines and it is usually offered to the public at an affordable rate. Microderm is meant for exfoliation of the top layer of the stratum corneum and if you have papules/pustules you cannot microderm over them.

MemberMember
(@theoriginalbatman)

Posted : 03/31/2013 3:17 pm

Hi abfab6126,

First thanks for you answer. Yes in in London and their are several schools around. I have looked around and like you said they are open to the public. No its just blackheads that are the problem, not had a white head/papules/pustules in years. I using the regime and its working great but blackhead just keep coming back?! I'm 25 and have tried everything over the years - was even on tane a few years back, helped alot but didn't rid me of acne. Like you said it just exfoliates but several dermatologist have told me that's the main problem, with my skin - it bad at exfoliating and while I've tried a lot of techniques with a degree of success I only have to get a bit laxed (stay at a friends and forget to put on the creams or somthing and ) or get a bit stressed at work and the blackheads are up over night and weeks of work is ruined :/ Thanks again.

MemberMember
(@hope27)

Posted : 05/29/2013 8:16 pm

I have.. I have it at home in my closet some where . so I wont have to look at it and remind myself of the money I lost .. useless .. its so cheaply made it does not work .

MemberMember
(@dermarolling-girl)

Posted : 06/29/2013 5:45 pm

I have one too and it was a waste of money. It literally tore off some skin under my eye. Luckily, it didn't scar but I had a Big fat scab for about a week or so and red marks were left for like a month! I didn't even press hard when I used it. Also, I'm not sure if it was the mandelic acid I used or the PMD but one of those made a few of my small scars big. You couldn't even see them unless I stretched my skin and now they are visible without stretching.

Stay away from that PMD. It's not a good product at all.

I am using mine on my feet now to keep them smooth. lol oh well. Lesson learned.

Professional Microdermabrasion is the best! I Love it but my Ethestician who does it moved to the other side of town and the people who do it on this side of town suck at it.