Notifications
Clear all

Caveman Regimen For Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 05/14/2013 3:33 pm

It's my 27th day of the caveman.I wash my face only once with water and that is when i'm dripping with sweat after the gym workout.So far it has been a mixed experience with occasional breakouts here and there.But i must emphasize on the importance of not using any artificial cleansers on your face which only makes things go hay wire! Currently i am having two big pimples on the right side of my face.While they look pathetic,i'm positive that they will heal.And that there will be one day when i'll be having clear skin.We live in hope :)

I can see light at the end of this seemingly endless tunnel!

MemberMember
(@cassiie)

Posted : 05/15/2013 2:23 pm

about 4 weeks ago i came across reviews for coconut oil to cure acne so i did a lot of research and saw people saying that they've been suffering from terrible cystic acne for years and even tried accutane and it came back or didnt work or had bad side effects!! and when they tried coconut oil it cleared up! so i decided to give it a try..because i was really desperate! I had nothing to lose because my skin was already bad! So i started using it 3 weeks ago and my skin has cleared right up! Mind you i still have scars but it also lightens scars too!!! like i just washed my makeup off and i was like holy they have lightened a lot!! its cheap! and has a ton of other uses. theres like 101 uses so id you dont end up liking it to treat acne theres other things you can use it for. lol!! I use the Nutiva brand. Its the best one in my opinion! i rinse my face with hot water, massage the coconut oil in as a cleanser for a few minutes and then i rinse it off. Gently dry my skin and then apply a bit more as a moisturizer and go to bed. I wake up and repeat! i know its iffy to put oil on your face lmao but read up on it! its antifungal and all this other stuff. trust me i did not think it was going to work but im SOOOOO glad i tried it because i was so depressed looking in the mirror!! and its so cheap and healthy. I even put it in my tea because they say it can help if you ingest it too...but anyways give it a try if you are desperate and if it doesnt work at least you tried right? But you may be very surprised=) but MAKE SURE its ORGANIC, EXTRA VIRGIN, UNREFINED lol i cant stress that enough because i saw people saying oh it made my skin worse blah blah blah...well obviously they must have been using refined or something. try and get the Nutiva brand if you can its like 12.99 for a jar and it last a long time like if you just use it on your face itll last you like a year!. me not so much because i put it in my tea and on food and all over my body and in my hair lol. If you for some reason did break out then just stop using it. but you should google "coconut oil on acne reviews" and see for yourself how many people its worked for. my skin is oily too and it still worked! if you're really stuck and dont want harsh products give it a try! but do some research before you try and maybe test it out on your arm or something to see if you have any reactions!!

You liked
MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/08/2013 5:46 am

Caveman regimen is the worst guys... It will.get rid off ur acne... But u will end.up with seborrhic dermatitis.... Sebum gets collected over d skin which irritates it that's y d red bumps... Was struggling with dis stupid caveman thin since.few months.... M skin was damn irritatin after this.. I was lik stuck... If I remove the dead skin it's all red if I dont it's all gross... Ahh hated it.. Few days bac I removed the dead skin... N I could see a liquid thru pores then it hardened... Din kno wat itwas but that was d think which was makin dead skin again n again... Dead skin is lik scab which protects underneath skin but it never goes on its own... K for the people who are on it... Guys post d pics... I hardly find any pics... Ppl do not do... I suffered.. It's just dont irritate your face.. Which cud b done easily... Water irritates,scrubbing rubbing, chemicals irritate so go for the gentle cleanser with no water no rubbing,massaging o scrubbing...

I bet u gonna hav gr8 skin...

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 08/08/2013 7:44 am

Caveman regimen is the worst guys... It will.get rid off ur acne... But u will end.up with seborrhic dermatitis.... Sebum gets collected over d skin which irritates it that's y d red bumps... Was struggling with dis stupid caveman thin since.few months.... M skin was damn irritatin after this.. I was lik stuck... If I remove the dead skin it's all red if I dont it's all gross... Ahh hated it.. Few days bac I removed the dead skin... N I could see a liquid thru pores then it hardened... Din kno wat itwas but that was d think which was makin dead skin again n again... Dead skin is lik scab which protects underneath skin but it never goes on its own... K for the people who are on it... Guys post d pics... I hardly find any pics... Ppl do not do... I suffered.. It's just dont irritate your face.. Which cud b done easily... Water irritates,scrubbing rubbing, chemicals irritate so go for the gentle cleanser with no water no rubbing,massaging o scrubbing...

I started caveman regimen on the 20th of April 2013.So it's three and a half months of pure Cavemanship. And it's doing good to my skin.But then i guess everybody is different. :)

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/10/2013 6:31 am

On 8/8/2013 at 8:44 PM, Perseverance92 said:
On 8/8/2013 at 6:46 PM, iconzz said:

I started caveman regimen on the 20th of April 2013.So it's three and a half months of pure Cavemanship. And it's doing good to my skin.But then i guess everybody is different. [Edited image out]

its nice dat it worked 4 u..:) i had really hard time.... the dead skin is still on my face:( m using cetaphil wit no water now.... hope it works.. i hav zero pimples.. i just want this dead skin off my face[Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@dll1989)

Posted : 08/15/2013 2:04 pm

I have been doing caveman for about a week now (no water, no anything) after doing honey and oatmeal for a month and my skin freaked out at first for a few days in tiny white heads and a few big pimples. It seems to be healing up now. And this morning I woke up it looked great except a few spots still healing. My face isn't oily anymore and inflammed. I'm trying to have my ph balance and my acid mantle rebuild itself after years of abuse....does anyone know if light dry brushing would destroy the acid mantle because my skin is gonna need it soon.

MemberMember
(@iconzz)

Posted : 08/16/2013 3:49 am

I have been doing caveman for about a week now (no water, no anything) after doing honey and oatmeal for a month and my skin freaked out at first for a few days in tiny white heads and a few big pimples. It seems to be healing up now. And this morning I woke up it looked great except a few spots still healing. My face isn't oily anymore and inflammed. I'm trying to have my ph balance and my acid mantle rebuild itself after years of abuse....does anyone know if light dry brushing would destroy the acid mantle because my skin is gonna need it soon.

the dead skin is really a prob.. if u try to remove its gonna com along with the new skin bneath.. so u wil b left with red n raw skin.

MemberMember
(@northernxlights95)

Posted : 08/20/2013 7:25 pm

Hi there, I tried this a few months back and stayed on this caveman regimen up until the beginning of this month and my acne just exploded. I was feeling pretty hopeless the next morning, so hopeless that I forgot to bring my CeraVe cleanser that I've been using for quite some time. I went downstairs to take a shower and saw a bar of soap sitting there and I said to my self "Why not?" So I grabbed the bar of soap lathered it up in a wash cloth and scrubbed my entire face (which felt very soothing). A few hours later I went to the bathroom and got a quick glance at my face. It had basically no redness at all and it had a very healthy glow to it plus a smooth soft touch to it. I realized that sometimes the hardest problems have the easiest fixes to them. Obviously this will not work for everyone but it has wiped out like 75% of my acne and red marks. I never would've guessed that it was this simple, and I get to enjoy it because I know it's working. [Edited image out]

MemberMember
(@acneat19)

Posted : 09/01/2013 8:18 am

Hey am on tetrasyl pills at the moment ill tell what happen and am taking this pills so i dont use face wash or soap on my face becuase i was told not to by my doctor 3-4 years ago but recently i scrubbed my face with wet towel then next day for the first time ever I had around 5-8 pimples on my right cheek I got scared and I used neutrogena face wash and and that made it worse i ended up get more pimples on my forehead I went to the doctors he gave my tetrasyl pills to take for 2 months I stop using any face wash I wake wash my face with water then put (astral ) moisturizer I don't know if that's good or not but am using it then i have tetrasyl pills then i wash my face again with water at night and use astral moisturizer but my forehead feel soo tight and looks oily and my acne keeps itching but I dont touch it am doing anything wrong if so let me know

MemberMember
(@bleedingrose)

Posted : 09/16/2013 3:38 am

You need to use a mild cleanser and oil free moisturiser, not using any products will clog your skin up, and stripping it dry will also aggravate the problem. You're doing well to try and solve the problem from the inside out, have you had your testosterone levels tested?

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 09/17/2013 11:40 pm

Caveman didn't work for me. Skin dandruff went out of control. That's the toughest part of the regimen.

MemberMember
(@perseverance92)

Posted : 10/20/2013 3:52 pm

I dont understand how you do this regimen? When you shower how do you not wash your face?

Also, I need to wash my face every day especially in spring as the pollen from flowers and trees makes me allergetic.

Is there any study which supports this or are people just trying anything and everything ? Just curious.

When it's all hopeless,when there's no light at the end of the tunnel for you.when you're on the verge of giving up...then even a glimmer of hope,a spark of success makes you do un-scientific things :) You don't need a doctor's advise,you don't need testimonies :) . I'm just washing my face since six months now and i'm BETTER.

MemberMember
(@boxboy27)

Posted : 07/19/2014 9:31 am

On day 5 of the caveman regimen now. Only washed my face 4 times so far with just a splash of water. I have to say my face gets incredibly oily throughout the day and this is really annoying. I am also experiencing a very bad breakout af about 5 or 6 whiteheads. My skin has also gotten very rough in the areas of oily skin (forehead, nose, cheeks, chin). Hopefully this is the detox period and there are better days ahead!

MemberMember
(@curlyq227)

Posted : 07/22/2014 10:54 am

Okay so Im on day 9 of the caveman regimen and my skin feels fantastic, but sadly the look of it doesn't. I decided to begin this regimen after being on a camping trip where I couldn't wash my face, so I thought why not lets just go with it and not wash it anymore. Im kind of worried about whether or not this will actually help or work for me because my "acne" isnt that bad at all. I used to have deep like cysts on my cheeks and side of my face but that cleared up after I changed my diet. Now my major skin problems are more on the pore level. Like very visible pores and clogging (like you know the little blackheads or filaments on your nose? Yeah I have those everywhere) and I have little whiteheads now from the regimen and its been a major battle to not pick at anything.

I do it the no water way currently because my skins feels really tight/dry afterwards.

If anyone has any words of wisdom or advice or history with this regimen and its effectiveness on the pore level, it would be greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@smiley88)

Posted : 06/19/2015 11:36 am

I started doing the water cleansing method after a nasty breakout, and it was working great. Then I quickly reverted back to old habits, thinking "well maybe if I just use a spot treatment, or a natural mask." BAM! Full blown breakout again. I believe, for me, clay masks (natural ingredients or not,) just brings things to the surface far too quickly, causing my skin to freak out in inflamed pustules and cysts. So I'm going full caveman (not washing with water,) for a few days in an effort to allow my skin to naturally repair the Mount Vesuvius colony that has erupted on my jawline. Will keep everyone posted.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 06/20/2015 12:32 pm

I have gone 2 weeks and 2 days so far without washing my face with even water. My skin is not oily, I did break a little bit yesterday out but that's because of TOM and that always happens. Earlier this month I had washed my face with just water and my face was oily for days from it. I have to say my skin looks healthier when I don't wash it.

MemberMember
(@rittdk01)

Posted : 06/22/2015 5:21 pm

This Doesn't work at all on acne prone, oily skin types.

I used accutane 8 years ago and completely cleared my skin. For the next 7 years I only washed with water and had 100% clear skin. Oils came back last year and I started to break out again. I went as long as I could with only using water to wash, but it didn't work and I had to use stronger stuff. Only worked when the accutane dried my skin out.

MemberMember
(@jlopez)

Posted : 07/14/2015 5:53 am

The caveman regimen worked amazingly well for me!

I went about 50 odd days without washing my face and kept a log on acne.org. My skin improved by the day (following some initial breaking out in small whiteheads, but I believe this was due to irritation in the previous weeks before I started the caveman.)

I can attest to the fact that you should stick to it if it seems to be working for you because I made the huge mistake of slowly getting back into skincare. A face mask here, a cleanser there, and within a few weeks I started breaking out in cystic acne on my temples and chin. I was confused and upset. Then I came back to my log and had to slap myself because I realised that I had stopped doing the caveman regimen and then wondered why I was breaking out like I used to. What a dummy.

I am now on day 6 of round 2 of the caveman regimen and I'm already seeing improvements!

leelowe1 liked
MemberMember
(@nettie25)

Posted : 07/27/2015 11:03 am

The caveman regimen is the best thing i ever did for my skin. I was on it for months and my skin changed so much and got so much healthier. However, I also started slowly adding things back in lol. I did find that washing my face once a day with a very mild cleanser seems to be best for me BUT ONLY AFTER you let your skin strengthen itself. I didn't start washing again until i had been on the caveman for like a month. I think about that time, my skin had strengthened and rebuilt the acid mantle. I also use a very light moisturizer (organic vitamin c serum) and a homemade msm cream (just pure msm powder mixed with aloe gel)....so as you can see, i added a few things back in, but its still fairly minimal and with ABSOLUTELY ZERO chemicals or heavy moisturizers.

I think i will use a salicylic acid peel every 6 months or so just to get rid of the last of the scars, but no more than a few times a year.

Please try the caveman regimen. Honestly, its the best thing I ever tried for my skin. Oh, also, milk thistle supplements...really really worked.

I tried to upload a pic of my perfect skin but it keeps posting it upside down lol

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/08/2015 8:23 pm

It would be interesting if people posted their before, during and after pics. I'm yet to see one pair.

MemberMember
(@forlove)

Posted : 09/16/2015 12:09 am

Okay so after i started getting some cyst all of a sudden (Have not had them for like a year), I started doing the water only regimen morning and night (On day 2 so far). Not sure if it was stress, the recent protein shake supplement I started taking, or the new SA, BP, moisturizer, but I got 4 cystic acne all of a sudden. It was a wake up call to stop all the products and the protein supplement (except for vitamins).

I need to vent so prepare for a short read about why I decided the water regimen might work for me..

Basically never really had acne until i was 17 years old but that was very mild and i was a picker which made it a little worst. I didn't care much about it until I started liking a girl when I was 18 . My mother recommended some acne fighting products like SA and BP, and so I started using it. Did not really improve my acne, but rather, made it worst. I stopped using products and started doing some natural remedies with honey mask and lemon juice which greatly cleared my skin 90%-100%. Then all hell broke lose when I started college. Because I didn't want people in the dorm to question why I was putting honey all over my face and sleeping with it, I reverted back to using SA and BP. Nothing happened for awhile until the acne slowly creep in during the winter months (19 at the time). This is where i started breaking out like mad ( moderate acne I would say). I think it was the irritation from the BP that caused this, but I went to a GP and she prescribed me tazorac. Tazorac did not improve my condition for awhile, but it eventually did reduce my moderate acne greatly (About a year of using it). Ever since the prescription ran out, I reverted back to using only SA and some moisturizer. This kept my acne at bay with occasional breakouts.

Now, 21, started getting serious about a girl, and decided that I would try to 100% clear up my face for her. As well as try to bulk up with some muscle building supplement (Ah what people would do for love). I started using a more expensive SA,BP, moisturizer and sunscreen products from Paula Choice to help get that perfect face, but only to wake up to 4 in coming cysts. To be fair I only used the new products for a week and it could just all be part of a purging process, but I was sick of relying on products. I put a cold turkey stop to it, and started to face with water only twice a day.

Water Regimen so far

So far it has been going okay. Definitely getting the IB from going cold turkey and trying to recover my face, but it has only been small white heads and shit loads of sebaceous filament on my chin. My face gets dry and flaky after I wash my face with water but later in the day it gets really oily. I am hoping my dry and oily conditions get better because it is itchy as hell (especially where current active acne and cysts are).

MemberMember
(@robot-rampage)

Posted : 01/26/2016 12:31 pm

I recently(with in the past month) started a modified caveman regime. I had a horrible breakout from all the products I was using on my face and was very disappointed in my lack of self control. I felt very unattractive, my skin is not 100% clear, but it's so much better then it was. Sense starting the caveman routine I noticed a build up of dry skin but I'm going to use your advice and opt for drinking water and a wash cloth occasionally. I recently changed my diet too less carbs and dairy, more fruits and vegetables. I also have thought that maybe spending so much time focusing on my skin was also making it worse. I noticed that whether people have good or bad skin it's really about their attitude that makes them more attractive/likable. People who focus on their skin less often have better skin, atleast from the people that I have observed. All the products and chemicals the world(especially in America ) says are going to help do for alittle while..but then they stop and you have to look for another one, and the cycle starts again. Skin care is a multimillion dollar industry, and I feel like they know a trick or two to keep us running back for more. Anyway I know that's long reply but I really think the caveman regime will work, even if it takes a couple months and a few modifications.

JLopez liked
MemberMember
(@isabellaaaap)

Posted : 04/09/2017 9:27 pm

for the cavemen regimen do you think it will still work if you wear sunscreen and occasionally makeup?

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 04/11/2017 7:54 am

@isabellaaaapI wouldn't recommend it. Especially on the days you wear make-up, you want to make sure that you are taking all of it off at the end of the day and water won't cut it. I think you would be better off using just a mild cleanser & your moisturizer/SPF. I personally think that simplifying your routine as much as you can is the best thing to do. You don't need to use a ton of products, but at the same time using nothing at all & not cleaning your skin properly can cause a slew of other issues.

MemberMember
(@raspypinworm)

Posted : 02/17/2019 4:17 am

Cavmen regimen is stupid..try superman regimen..it works