Notifications
Clear all

Acne from allergic reaction?

MemberMember
(@clearskinpls95)

Posted : 05/31/2019 12:08 pm

Okay, thanks. Right now my skin is extremely dry and I don't feel like the anti-fungal creams helps when it comes to moisture... So I don't know what to do.

Should I exfoliate my skin btw, and if so how often?

I apologize for having so many questions all the time, but your advice has been the only thing that has helped me lately and I really appreciate it!

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/31/2019 10:47 pm

Clear Skin

DO NOT NOT exfoliate your skin. Doing so will only allow the fungus to penetrate the skin barrier.

FUNGUS LOVES MOISTURE> DO NOT APPLY MOISTURISERS> DOING SO WILL FEED THE FUNGUS>

Is your skin improving ?? The moisture will come back when the fungus dies...

Do not worry about your skin being bit dry. The "beauty industry" has a lot to answer for by misleading people about dry skin.

Are you applying clotrimazole cream together with Lamisil cream ???

MemberMember
(@clearskinpls95)

Posted : 06/01/2019 1:10 am

I thought that maybe the fungus are stuck in the cracks of my flaky skin so by exfoliating it they would be released, but I guess I was wrong then, lol.

My cheeks look better, apart from the flakiness and hyperpigmentation. I keep getting these white zits around my mouth and chin area though (and like 1-2 on my cheeks as well). I also have tiny bumps on my forehead still, but not that much. And still a bit itchy as usual. I applied cortisone cream on my chest a few days ago, since I barely have any acne there,and since then the itchiness has subsided on my chest. Don't want to apply that cream to my face though since I don't want it to penetrate my pimples.

I don't mix the creams. I apply Canesten in the morning and throughout the day if I need to, then I apply Lamisil overnight. In the packaging of Lamisil it says to not wear it out in the sun so that's why I only wear Canesten during the day.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/01/2019 10:12 pm

Good that things are improving. No worries with applying the creams at different times of the day. Sounds sensible.

You could apply some 3% hydrogen peroxide to the areas with the zits (which are not ordinary zits or ordinary pimples), with a q tip/cotton bud.

Can you remind me which country you are in. You might need some nystatin cream (which is an antifungal against candida fungus, as distinct from malasezzia fungus) to clear those spots, but 3% peroxide might "do the trick". You can alternate appying the 3% peroxide with applying y diluted tea tree or eucalyptus (down to 5% tea tree/eucalyptus oil and 95% water) to the areas with the remaining "zits" etc.

Just do a small area first with both/either the peroxide and the diluted tea tree oil, and check for any inflammation.

Cortisone cream reduces the body's ability to fight fungus, but no harm in using it occasionally as inflammation favours fungus, and it is good to stop the inflammation and the itchiness. You can use 0.5% cortisone cream on your face very occasionally (say once a week) if it is very itchy, but don't use cortisone cream anywhere unless you really need to. But OK to use it occasionally.

Happy to hear of your progress.