Notifications
Clear all

Is this fungal acne?

MemberMember
(@dancingqueen100)

Posted : 02/23/2019 10:46 am

Hi,

I've been breaking out like crazy these past few days and have these itchy bumps across my face, mainly my t-zone and chin. I have combination-oily skin and my forehead doesn't hurt like normal acne. I think it's fungal, but I'm not 100% sure. I've also heard of using Nizoral shampoo. I could use some help figuring out what type of acne this actually is. Thanks!!

unnamed.jpg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 02/23/2019 11:03 pm

See my post on the tiny white plugs email string on this site. From a quick look at your photos (noting I am not a medical doctor) I would say you have malassezia. Topical terbenafine cream is the best thing to treat malassezia.

Do you have dandruff ? Dandruff is indicative of malassezia, whereas a white tongue is indicative of candida. If you do not have dandruff AND you do have a white tongue, then the spots are caused by candida. Nystatin cream is the best thing for early stage candida on the skin. Clotrimazole cream will also treat candida, but nystatin cream is better. See my other post for more information. I would guess that you have taken antibiotics recently.....