Notifications
Clear all

Need feed back, sever body acne that interferes with daily routines

MemberMember
(@xannax159)

Posted : 08/26/2018 2:58 am

So I've been dealing with acne since I was 15. Over time, it's gotten worse and worse, spreading from my face down to my shoulders and now to my back and chest (I'm 16 and 9 months now). I've been taking medication (mostly topical) from my doctor before I was advised to see a dermatologist after no success or indication of improvement. About 5 months ago, I was prescribed isotretenoin for the first time. Starting off at the 40mg mark. I experienced all the normal effects of it such as dry lips and dry skin, along with dry acne. But it soon began to become deep cystic red painful acne that shows no head. They took me off of isotretenoin afterwards and I was prescribed prednisone for 1 month. They then started me back on prednisone with 20mg isotretenoin (which had no effect visibly or physically what so ever). And just recently, I've been prescribed my original dosage of 40mg isotretenoin but with this time a light addition of prednisone. 

TL:DR I've been dealing with it my whole life, its spread to my chest and back, have been on isotretenoin.

the issue is I've been physically limited by my acne and even working is difficult for me now due to my chest and shoulder and back acne. Moving the wrong way stretches or co no presses my skin in a way that is extreamly painful or causes some of the acne to burst. Every time I take a shower, (look at image *be warned its disgusting*) I get these open wound like aftermarks after the head of the acne gets removed in the shower. Its painful to the touch like a cut and will eventually become acne again that protrudes badly. My chest acne has been the same acne but growing. I've noticed that some acne has been destroyed/regrown in the same spot for over 2-3 months. I'm asking for advice on what to do. I'm afraid to tell my dermatologist because they will probably take the isotretenoin again which I know is going to help alot more than anything else but the pain is unbearable at times and being in hot temperature situations results in big cysts becoming bigger and alot of leaking and disgusting looking dried up acne that looks like scabs. I'm just about extreamly fed up with acne and am looking for any advice on what to do to lessen the pain or for a treatment to go along with my isotretenoin to help get rid of this deamon. Thanks so much for reading and I hope to get some more help here!

15352701715608266767803567434585.jpg

15352701981224187561536556891295.jpg

15352702194731184950263700777966.jpg

15352702426173064329871818100594.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/26/2018 7:49 am

Oh you poor thing what about spriloactone hun or light therapy or salosylic acid I'm also a fellow sufferer that needs to go on Roacctane I'm 28. X.

IMG-20180826-WA0000.jpeg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/26/2018 8:01 am

Accutane is by no means a quick fix. Give it at least 6 months to work. Also, you are at a relatively small dosage so as your dosage increases, you will hopefully see progress. With severe cases, sometimes a second course is needed but you'll cross that bridge when you get to it. Hang in there.

Are you taking any steroids for weightlifting purposes or supplements for body building? What about Whey powder or dairy? The reason i ask is that some individuals may be sensitive to that stuff.

Keep us posted.

MemberMember
(@xannax159)

Posted : 08/26/2018 10:08 am

2 hours ago, leelowe1 said:

Accutane is by no means a quick fix. Give it at least 6 months to work. Also, you are at a relatively small dosage so as your dosage increases, you will hopefully see progress. With severe cases, sometimes a second course is needed but you'll cross that bridge when you get to it. Hang in there.

Are you taking any steroids for weightlifting purposes or supplements for body building? What about Whey powder or dairy? The reason i ask is that some individuals may be sensitive to that stuff.

Keep us posted.

Thanks for the reply, I'm not taking any supplements. Besides for the prescribed. I do drink milk only about a cup a day with coffe and eat some light cheese. That's about it.

MemberMember
(@xannax159)

Posted : 08/26/2018 5:44 pm

9 hours ago, Michelle waldron said:

Oh you poor thing what about spriloactone hun or light therapy or salosylic acid I'm also a fellow sufferer that needs to go on Roacctane I'm 28. X.

IMG-20180826-WA0000.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look into those products.

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 08/27/2018 10:08 pm

Cut dairy pronto, if your experiencing breakouts anytbing dairy relsted is a no-no. I suggest you watching Brian Turner on youtube of his active journey on Accutane and that its not hopeless. And yes as the modrator said accutane isnt a quick fix fo Brian it took him 2 years for it to completely go away. Eat a healthy lifestyle and be hydrated.