Notifications
Clear all

CONSTIPATION AND ACNE CONNECTION? HELP please

MemberMember
(@fcntcsy)

Posted : 12/08/2017 10:44 pm

Hi! I've posted before about a possible hormone imbalance being the cause of my acne, but after doing some more research, I found out constipation can actually be a cause! I've dealt with constipation for the past months, having no clue it could be connected to my acne. It does make sense, though, because when I had an x-ray during a doctors visit, the doctor pointed it out to me. The constipation started around the time I stopped eating as well, so it makes sense that it would be from that. I've never had any food allergies/sensitivities before, but I recently stopped eating both dairy and sugar out of fear that it was worsening my skin. So.. what can I do to help relieve the constipation and help my face? The pimples on my cheeks never seem to fully heal, always leaving behind red marks or sometimes returning in the same spot. I just purchased a probiotic, do digestive enzymes help as well? I've tried miralax and didn't get great results, didn't really help at all actually. Prunes have helped me before, but is there a stronger medication/supplement anyone can recommend? And has anyone solved their own constipation/acne problems?

MemberMember
(@srht)

Posted : 12/09/2017 9:01 am

There is very little evidence with contradicting constipation and acne formation

MemberMember
(@fcntcsy)

Posted : 12/09/2017 10:47 am

1 hour ago, SRHT said:

There is very little evidence with contradicting constipation and acne formation

Really? I've read about it being the cause of many people's acne. I, myself, feel like it could be behind mine because when my digestive system went south, so did my skin.

MemberMember
(@srht)

Posted : 12/09/2017 2:09 pm

3 hours ago, Fcntcsy said:
5 hours ago, SRHT said:

Really? I've read about it being the cause of many people's acne. I, myself, feel like it could be behind mine because when my digestive system went south, so did my skin.

Have you spoken with a GP, dermatologist about this?