Notifications
Clear all

Would your skin purge with benzal peroxide after two months?

MemberMember
(@zebragirl)

Posted : 12/02/2017 8:05 pm

I have been using benzal peroxide for two months. At first it helped my skin but then it got worse. I got more breakouts. Is my skin purging or is something else going on? But, the new pimples that I get bp still helps dry them out. Does anyone know what's going on?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/03/2017 4:23 am

what strength cream are you using?

also what other products are you using?

MemberMember
(@zebragirl)

Posted : 12/03/2017 8:26 pm

I am using 10 percent benzal peroxide. I know that it's strong but my skin is tough. I tried 2 and then 5 percent but the effects wore off after a year! I also use netrogena acne wash and I just started using there hydro water boost moisturizer. That seemed to help but would my skin start to purge after two months?

MemberMember
(@dermagreens)

Posted : 12/03/2017 9:27 pm

I really think you should stop using benzoyl peroxide! it sounds like it hasn't worked for you and still isn't. You're likely destroying your acid mantle and the stratum corneum layer of your skin. You should try restoring it again, because it's the protective barrier against bacteria.

Try Cetaphil for cleansing and raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar after (make a toner of 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar & 1/2 distilled water), use a damp cotton pad to apply. For moisturizer (only if you need it (apple cider vinegar restores skin's PH balance nicely) try to find oils containing Linoleic Acid  -  like Evening Primrose oil, Grapeseed oil, or Hemp seed oil (all excellent for acne)

Hope that helps!!! let me know if I can help with any other skin product suggestions if those don't work ok!
Good luck :)

Natasha