Notifications
Clear all

Tiny white plugs

MemberMember
(@turkeydog)

Posted : 02/14/2024 10:51 pm

Hello yall. I have read this forum thread and found it fascinating and useful. For the past year-and-a half I dealt with skin sores and rashes on my head, face and neck. I did not have plugs, but I will contribute here what I learned, and how I was able to save my skin. Im currently 85% cured and optimistic about my future outcome, though its a day-to-day thing. My symptoms, treatment and skin care continue to evolve.For the sake of brevity, I will summarize first what I went through and what helped cured me, then I will make a follow-up post going into more detail, especially with regard to use of the different products I tried..For a year-and-a-half I struggled with bumps, sores and rashes on my head, neck and face. Initially, I thought it was warts, then for many months thought it was a fungal infection. I treated this supposed fungal infection with many anti-fungal creams, pills, and folk remedies with little success. I also went on an anti fungal diet. I experimented with Sodium Chlorite aka Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS) using it topically and orally which helped, but was tricky to work with, as was garlic. Both garlic and MMS have to be used carefully when applied to skin as both will burn after more than 20 minutes applied undiluted. The main thing that really worked was baking soda applied topically as a paste, MMS as topical spot treatment, and also ketoconazole. Baking soda had the advantage of being readily available, cheap and safe, but was a bit messy to use. Ketoconazole cream however is rx only, but I was able to get a tube in Mexico where prescription is not required. Nizoral shampoo has ketoconazole as an active ingredient available without a prescription. I went through a tube of ketoconazole that improved my symptoms, but when it ran out I tried the Nizoral shampoo which did not help. After the nizoral proved ineffective I tried more OTC antifungal creams all to no avail. All the while, I would revert to baking soda and/or sodium chlorite as effective but challenging treatments, yet these were no silver bullets.After a year of dealing with this problem, I came across the idea that mites live in the skin and are a source of rosacea and skin problems. The doctor who talked about this claimed that rosacea would improve after sufferers applied ivermectin to their skin thereby killing the microscopic mites (demodex).This sounded like a promising lead, so I decided to treat my skin with this new mite infestation hypothesis. A brief web search revealed that a mite repellent ingredient I already had in my cabinet was effective in killing skin mites. The ingredient was deet, which I had in the form of wipes from the brand Bug X. These wipes contained 10% deet. So for the next three days I applied these wipes once a day on my affected areas, adding some DMSO to enhance absorption, and leaving it on my skin for about an hour. I should note that on these days I also used apple cider vinegar for the first time, separately, also leaving it on for about an hour (later I used ACV for long periods of time without side effects). Every day after this new treatment regimen, my skin improved substantially. After the third day, I stopped the use of deet since its toxic to humans in large amounts, and I was feeling side effects of lethargy and fatigue. Plus my skin improved amazingly during these three days! Since then, Ive only used deet as spot treatment, but continued using apple cider vinegar since my skin seemed to like it, and I had no side effects. However, I suspect that the deet is what made the difference.There are other pesticides available in the form of common insect repellent like permethrin, which I tried but was unsure of the effects since deet and ACV has already done most of the work. The permethrin I tried was possibly too low concentration .25% compared to prescription 5% cream. After my supply of Bug X wipes ran out, I was able to get a bottle of 40% deet from Walmart, which I used as spot treatment.From there on, my symptoms plateaued, mostly gone but not entirely, since I was leery of using too much neurotoxic pesticide. I also found evidence of scabies on my back and arms, which were caused by a different species of mites apart from those on my head and face (demodex). I had symptoms of these scabies for years in the form of small calluses but werent much of a problem nor did I know what they were (until now).Continued research revealed that common prescriptions for scabies and demodex infestations were ivermectin, moxidectin, and metronidazole, which were said to be safe when taken as prescribed. They all require prescription for human consumption but are easy to acquire when intended for pets or animals. You can get all of these on eBay, Amazon and pet supply stores, but marketed and masked under different names. You just have to adjust the dose for your human weight.Moxidectin is newer than ivermectin and said to be an improvement, so I bought moxidectin as horse paste dewormer and acquired metronidazole in the form of aquarium fish care product API General Cure, which also contained praziquantel as a secondary ingredient, on eBay for 25$ and 15% respectively. Ive been using these two products for the past two weeks and my symptoms are almost completely gone (though early on I experienced an outbreak of sores, which I suspect is a reaction from mass die-off.) Both products can be used orally or topically, but the API General Cure tastes quite bad. I have yet to try ivermectin, but many people have gotten good results from it.

MemberMember
(@skinshit)

Posted : 02/22/2024 2:39 am

Update: oral fluconazole did not work

MemberMember
(@bees1)

Posted : 02/22/2024 7:53 pm

I have these disgustingly painful plugs also. Have been struggling with 3 areas on my face. 1 area has like 10 plugs and some get quite large. I have been struggling with them for a few years on and off, but 3 is too much.

Picture of a plug I pulled out today.

They keep coming back. I'm going to try the antifungal treatment since nothing else has worked this far.

Glad to know I'm not the only person struggling with these!

MemberMember
(@marivali)

Posted : 03/05/2024 1:25 pm

hi all! I'm new to this thread but so glad I found it.

Just wondering, and sorry if this has been mentioned before, but has anyone tried treatment with hypochlorous acid?

HOCI is a powerful antimicrobial and antiviral and also aids in wound healing. It's non-toxic, non-irritating and you can buy reasonably priced ionising units that allow you to make the solution at home using just salt and water.

I have a professional cleaning business and have been using HOCI for quite some time as a general sanitiser but it only recently occurred to me to start using to treat (and hopefully prevent) the lesions on my face.

I'll do an update if it's successful.

MemberMember
(@itsprobablynormal)

Posted : 03/11/2024 10:41 am

This is certainly worth a read and not the first time Ive seen this sentiment echoed

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompulsiveSkinPicking/s/vD8VrKcuSY

MemberMember
(@goodtone)

Posted : 03/19/2024 11:01 am

@victoriacarrillo Hi guys, me 2. The never ending white plugs. I have been digging pulling and bleeding for almost 15 years! The last couple months have been spent posting on Health unlocked about this condition. I'm currently at 99% remission, just one healing hard skin stage spot on my nose. Last one! Having dealt with this alone for so long, it is heartbreaking to hear other people suffer from the same thing. I gave up on the what on the, "what these things are", along time ago and fixated on the cause. In my case, the cause turned out to be the detergent I was washing my clothes with, tide,era, gain. These detergents, along with a host of others, have a blue or green dye that causes my skin to produce the signature stretchy white plugs. I had no idea for 12 plus years. My girlfriend at the time developed a plug on her chin and I thought I infected her ass well. NOT! She had been wearing a jacket that rubbed the bottom of her neck and chin and had caused an irritation to spread. At first, we thought it was the clothes material but then she got the irritation on her cheeks. She is a very clean person, washing her face as often as possible, and it only got worse. My condition stayed then same but I realized maybe it was the detergent and not the clothes material that was causing her face to be irritated. We changed to the cheapest clearest detergent we could find at the dollar store and bam! A couple weeks later and her irritated skin was clear. This was the beginning of my healing process. I rewashed everything, clothes, sheets, towels. Only after these revelations did I notice that all my break outs were in places that my clothes rubbed my skin. I would get them on my biceps and shoulders in the summertime and forearms and legs in the winter. My forehead would break out in the winter from wearing skull caps, and even on the tops of my toes from wearing socks. I would suggest washing everything with vinegar and water fist to get rid of any leftover detergent. Next, find a clear non extra strength detergent like earth breeze washer sheets or sun from the dollar store. It takes time for this shit to get out of your system but you will notice a change in your health in the first few weeks. Depending on how long you had the affliction it could be sooner. My theory is that these are mutated hair bulbs. The dye in the detergent gets absorbed either through rubbing, sweat or cleaning your body with a towel that is contaminated. Some of the plugs I pulled had hairs in them. Those were the worst and took the longest to heal. My confidence in this method came when I noticed my irritation spots were not reinfecting. They would heal up in less time after I stopped using the bad detergents. If this helps, good. If you have other methods that are working, please continue. This is not a treatment that requires ointment or sulfur or any other lotions. My doctor took one look at me, told me it was all in my head and then proceeded to offer my some ointment, sound familiar? They have no idea what to do with that phd. So in conclusion, this is my remedy, this is what worked for me. And ask yourself," What is the tie that binds?" How can so many people have the same affliction and have no discernible connection? Household products is how. Something that we all have in common. Something that we all have in our houses. We are just the lucky ones with the sensitivity to the dye.

MemberMember
(@toniacook)

Posted : 03/20/2024 8:15 pm

I can relate. This stuff is horrible. It is Demodex mites. Doctors don't like to discuss it or address it as such. I don't think there's enough research or these things have evolved within humans for so many years that they are immune to treatments. They call it rosacea acne etc. The condition is the overgrowth of mites and the results are the eruption on the face. I'm at my wits end and about to lose my home, car, and everything since I haven't been able to work with this stuff. I don't know what to do.

MemberMember
(@skinshit)

Posted : 03/21/2024 7:21 pm

@goodtone Thank you for proposing a theory as to what the potential cause could be! I think we should all think about this in an attempt to find a solution. I'm glad that you're healing after switching detergent, however I am skeptical that this is the actual cause (at least for me). I've never had these plugs below my neck. Now I could understand that I could have these on my face/neck due to the detergent from towels and pillowcases, however why are other areas of my body not affected?

Do you think that maybe you've implemented other changes (aside from switching detergent) that helped treat these plugs?

Again, thanks for proposing a theory!

MemberMember
(@goodtone)

Posted : 03/22/2024 7:50 pm

@skinshit Just the detergent switch. We can suspect we all get it in different ways however, if you are just face, good not much work to do. The healing took almost a year after the switch. It seemed like it got into my blood system and took sometime to get out. May I ask if the places on your face wear hair grows? Cheeks, chin, forehead line? Do you wear a hat that you wash regularly? It was wonderful to hear from you and good luck in your healing.

MemberMember
(@toniacook)

Posted : 03/23/2024 6:45 pm

I believe there are different conditions throughout this thread. Mine and a lot are Demodex mites. I've been dealing with this off and on for a few years. I just never understood or knew what it was until a few months ago. I lost my job, long political story, whistleblower. I had to wear a mask all throughout covid for long hours and I had makeup on too. I did not realize the significance of that and these mites, but I also was not aware that we had these mites as our normal eco system. I used online Drs and urgent care since no insurance. No one had a clue, nor did I. After all the different treatments for bacterial, viral, fungal, etc; I realized after research what this is. Online research and looking at my face, the white plugs, the flakes of white stuff, the white looking bumps under my skin, the crawling sensation at night, and burrow holes in my face (8) enlightened me to what I was dealing with. You can also see from a zoomed in pic. I went to a Dermatologist and told them what it was. He didn't even really examine me and could see the white gloss, the burrows with white plugs, the broken veins, white lines/track marks etc and tell just by looking from across the room. The thing is though, they don't like to diagnosis mites for whatever reason. (This from my experience). They say rosacea acne or whatever instead. The mites are the problem. I think with the masks, sweat, oil, makeup, and all the stress/mental crap I've been dealing with after losing my job due to retaliation has brought on all this. It's been over a month since I saw the Dermatologist. It's worse and I guess to be expected. He prescribed Ivermectin Cream and Azelaic Acid cream. I messaged them back for something else. They then prescribed minocycline and I asked about Permethrin and Metronidazole cream. I've used it all and Mupirocin. Nothing has helped. I ordered the apple Horse stuff from Amazon and applied it. I finally did try some of it with a big cup of Gatorade. One morning I did notice possible dying signs. There were freckle like spots underneath my skin, blood possibly; I don't know. I think that because my case is so bad and there are so many I'm fighting, that it is so difficult to get under control. That Dermatologist got tired of me messaging them and referred me to the head man. I have to wait a month for an appointment for him. This stuff as others have said is hell and it takes your life from you. I have already been battling trying to get a job and then this stuff came on full force. I've now gotten behind on my bills with all this and what it's done physically and mentally. I'm trying to hang on, however I'm not sure how much more I can endure. No one understands either and is hard to deal with not being able to really explain it without grossing people out or scaring them. I've gained so much weight as well with all the anxiety, depression, and actual condition. It's pure hell and a lot of you know what I'm talking about. Even others that aren't suffering from this specifically, but suffering in general from skin issues that debilitate you. I'm coming to the end of my rope so to speak with home/car etc, and will have to make some decisions soon. It's tough as this has affected my mind and all I can do is stay in the mirror obsessing with it and hoping for a miracle. You never know what to expect when you wake up in the morning, if you can sleep that is; since they are more active at night or whenever you sleep. It also gets to your eyes and I've wondered about other areas maybe I accidentally may have spread it to. I get sensations in other areas all of a sudden and has me going crazy. I wish there was more help and research for this condition. We need a voice. It is real and not rare as they make it seem.

I decided to have a glass of wine and I really never drink. I took some (Pinot Grigio) and applied on the holes in my face. Hell, it can't make any worse! I've tried other stuff too on my own (yeast med, ringworm etc med, tea tree oil, camp pho phenique, you name it)! I think this wine might be drying it out some! Or maybe that's the wine I drank, at work! Trying to laugh. I've cried and all else that I don't know what else to do. Love and prayers to you all.

This post was modified 1 month ago 4 times by tonia cook
MemberMember
(@hernandezpaloma947gmail-com)

Posted : 03/27/2024 12:31 pm

@kiki-rn thank you so much for this. I am going to try!

MemberMember
(@hernandezpaloma947gmail-com)

Posted : 03/29/2024 12:13 pm

Posted by: @Kiki RN

Ok guys....I've finally found what works!!! I'll put it first and then you can read on to hear my story which sounds a lot like all of yours.

Newkey LED light Mask on Amazon $150. I've always known that light therapy is key for all kinds of skin issues but usually the devices that actually work to penetrate the skin are way too expensive. But I was at my wits end and had read about this one and it has almost 3000 five star reviews....people with photos showing their results and I figured I'd give it a shot. And WOW!!!! You guys....usually these stupid wounds take WEEKS to heal,Aand by the time they do there's already 5 more to take their place.....but my ENTIRE FACE healed in SIX DAYS!!!! I haven't had a clear face in 6 years!!!! Please please try this!!!

Betadine cream....a big dollop on top of each spot....it turns those little fingerlike plugs into spoogy mush within minutes. You'll see in the photos I'll add...as soon as the yellow gunk poured out, I'd wipe it off and add some more. It was like nothing I've ever seen. Because these little bastards are usually stuck in there like concrete posts....but this Betadine cream being plopped on there somehow made them dissolve. I've tried betadine before but I had only wiped enough to clean the area....I'd never spread it on thick and let it sit before. It changed everything! It cleared out those dumb plugs and made it much easier for the mask to do its job!!A

Now for my story:

I've been dealing with this for 6 years now and following this thread for 2 years looking for answers. I've gone to 4 different Dermatologists.....none of which were helpful. And like most of you, they refused to test my skin to see what these things were or what the problem is despite years of failingAevery kind of treatment you can imagine. Believe me, I've tried everything....because I'm also an RN and worked on wounds in the hospital for more than a decade. So I even tried usingAmy own education and expertise to try to find the root cause. I have been on EVERY oral and topical antibiotic, antiviral, antifungal, antiparasitic, steroid, acne treatments, diuretics.....you name it, I've been treated with it and NONE OF THEM WORKED. In fact, my face got worse and worse!! To the point even my scalp was covered and my hair was falling out as a result. I cried and begged these doctors and NONE of them helped. It's disgusting that I can take my dog to the Vet for a rash and they immediately scrape her skin to identify to problem and provide accurate treatment but yet as a human.....doctors would rather run my immune system into the ground and destroy my gut and bacteria balance in the process. So unfortunately, I still don't know what the hell those nasty little plugs are.....but I finally have a clear face for the first time in 6 years. My youngest son is 6 and he's never gotten to experience a normal life with me because my face has gotten so bad with these huge, gaping holes and sores on my face that I've barely left the house unless it was necessary. I was even wearing a mask at work long before covid because I was so embarrassed but also worried about then getting further infected.AFull disclosure, itAcaused me an intense depression--feeling like I'm missing out on life and watching as my family missed out on things because they understood how embarrassing it was for me to sit in a restaurant and try to eat as my sores would crack open and bleed or they'd just be weeping fluid and I'd have to carry a napkin to blot it away constantly, taking any attempt to cover it with makeup with it. I barely have any photos of myself in the last 6 years because of it.A

I'm adding photos so you can see for yourself. My face has been covered in these for years, relentlessly. Always having areas distorted with fluid filled masses underneath or gaping wounds. I would feel so dry yet somehow greasy. I'd feel inflamed constantly and my skin looked and felt like as if I had a dried up clay mask that was cracking and trying to fall off. And after just 6 days with this mask and the betadine (Which I only used for the first 2 days to get the plugs out), my face not only cleared up but it also FEELS AMAZING!!! It's soft and supple and actually feels healthy!!A

I would like to add that I did identify that eating eggs and a lot of dairy was a trigger for me. I've started eating some dairy again to see if it's still a problem.....so far it hasn't been a issue!! Which is awesome because I really really miss eating eggs. HahaA

I also only use Vanicream face wash. It's the most gentle of anything, even more than Cera-Ve etc. They have a whole line of products which are great and cheap at Walgreens or Walmart.A

I urge you all to try this maskAbecause believe me....I've read every thread on here and I've tried more products and treatments than everything I've readAand THIS WORKED!!!A

049B9A90-B623-4BC2-908E-2BD672AE2344.jpeg.34576047dcf306db4a73ae8b45e76eb0.jpeg0F7ED908-1522-40ED-8F70-43C9F8615470.jpeg.50d9dab0b623d03a9e47738dab6f6e1b.jpegE1367CDD-A7E0-4591-8062-5FB2BF9E0B59.jpeg.6d18f819c193c5f0f3236afea209814f.jpeg5141C194-C0E7-4BF3-8A6B-39307D6350FE.jpeg.b636d6286b7f84cb07046c1cfa0835c8.jpeg90347234-F310-4BA8-B3BF-3D73DA5A613C.jpeg.f34af33e7585e9bffbe2fad5f5483da4.jpeg

Where did you purchase the betadine antiseptic cream? I can't find it anywhere 🙁 just the liquid or gel form.

MemberMember
(@toniacook)

Posted : 03/30/2024 6:37 pm

Posted by: @hernandezpaloma947gmail-com
Posted by: @Kiki RN

Ok guys....I've finally found what works!!! I'll put it first and then you can read on to hear my story which sounds a lot like all of yours.

Newkey LED light Mask on Amazon $150. I've always known that light therapy is key for all kinds of skin issues but usually the devices that actually work to penetrate the skin are way too expensive. But I was at my wits end and had read about this one and it has almost 3000 five star reviews....people with photos showing their results and I figured I'd give it a shot. And WOW!!!! You guys....usually these stupid wounds take WEEKS to heal,Aand by the time they do there's already 5 more to take their place.....but my ENTIRE FACE healed in SIX DAYS!!!! I haven't had a clear face in 6 years!!!! Please please try this!!!

Betadine cream....a big dollop on top of each spot....it turns those little fingerlike plugs into spoogy mush within minutes. You'll see in the photos I'll add...as soon as the yellow gunk poured out, I'd wipe it off and add some more. It was like nothing I've ever seen. Because these little bastards are usually stuck in there like concrete posts....but this Betadine cream being plopped on there somehow made them dissolve. I've tried betadine before but I had only wiped enough to clean the area....I'd never spread it on thick and let it sit before. It changed everything! It cleared out those dumb plugs and made it much easier for the mask to do its job!!A

Now for my story:

I've been dealing with this for 6 years now and following this thread for 2 years looking for answers. I've gone to 4 different Dermatologists.....none of which were helpful. And like most of you, they refused to test my skin to see what these things were or what the problem is despite years of failingAevery kind of treatment you can imagine. Believe me, I've tried everything....because I'm also an RN and worked on wounds in the hospital for more than a decade. So I even tried usingAmy own education and expertise to try to find the root cause. I have been on EVERY oral and topical antibiotic, antiviral, antifungal, antiparasitic, steroid, acne treatments, diuretics.....you name it, I've been treated with it and NONE OF THEM WORKED. In fact, my face got worse and worse!! To the point even my scalp was covered and my hair was falling out as a result. I cried and begged these doctors and NONE of them helped. It's disgusting that I can take my dog to the Vet for a rash and they immediately scrape her skin to identify to problem and provide accurate treatment but yet as a human.....doctors would rather run my immune system into the ground and destroy my gut and bacteria balance in the process. So unfortunately, I still don't know what the hell those nasty little plugs are.....but I finally have a clear face for the first time in 6 years. My youngest son is 6 and he's never gotten to experience a normal life with me because my face has gotten so bad with these huge, gaping holes and sores on my face that I've barely left the house unless it was necessary. I was even wearing a mask at work long before covid because I was so embarrassed but also worried about then getting further infected.AFull disclosure, itAcaused me an intense depression--feeling like I'm missing out on life and watching as my family missed out on things because they understood how embarrassing it was for me to sit in a restaurant and try to eat as my sores would crack open and bleed or they'd just be weeping fluid and I'd have to carry a napkin to blot it away constantly, taking any attempt to cover it with makeup with it. I barely have any photos of myself in the last 6 years because of it.A

I'm adding photos so you can see for yourself. My face has been covered in these for years, relentlessly. Always having areas distorted with fluid filled masses underneath or gaping wounds. I would feel so dry yet somehow greasy. I'd feel inflamed constantly and my skin looked and felt like as if I had a dried up clay mask that was cracking and trying to fall off. And after just 6 days with this mask and the betadine (Which I only used for the first 2 days to get the plugs out), my face not only cleared up but it also FEELS AMAZING!!! It's soft and supple and actually feels healthy!!A

I would like to add that I did identify that eating eggs and a lot of dairy was a trigger for me. I've started eating some dairy again to see if it's still a problem.....so far it hasn't been a issue!! Which is awesome because I really really miss eating eggs. HahaA

I also only use Vanicream face wash. It's the most gentle of anything, even more than Cera-Ve etc. They have a whole line of products which are great and cheap at Walgreens or Walmart.A

I urge you all to try this maskAbecause believe me....I've read every thread on here and I've tried more products and treatments than everything I've readAand THIS WORKED!!!A

049B9A90-B623-4BC2-908E-2BD672AE2344.jpeg.34576047dcf306db4a73ae8b45e76eb0.jpeg0F7ED908-1522-40ED-8F70-43C9F8615470.jpeg.50d9dab0b623d03a9e47738dab6f6e1b.jpegE1367CDD-A7E0-4591-8062-5FB2BF9E0B59.jpeg.6d18f819c193c5f0f3236afea209814f.jpeg5141C194-C0E7-4BF3-8A6B-39307D6350FE.jpeg.b636d6286b7f84cb07046c1cfa0835c8.jpeg90347234-F310-4BA8-B3BF-3D73DA5A613C.jpeg.f34af33e7585e9bffbe2fad5f5483da4.jpeg

Where did you purchase the betadine antiseptic cream? I can't find it anywhere 🙁 just the liquid or gel form.

Thanks for the info. I did order the Betadine cream from Amazon to try. Like so many, so much money spent on so many products trying to get some relief. I don't have money for a mask right now and will wait on that. I feel so helpless and hopeless.

MemberMember
(@turkeydog)

Posted : 04/02/2024 5:37 pm

This is a follow-up post, updating new developments in treating my skin condition, which I believe is primarily demodex infestation. In summary, for the past year-and-a-half, I've dealt with rashes and bumps on my face, head, neck and back. I've tried many things to cure it, but what has worked has been BAKING SODA (made into paste applied to skin), DEET (bug killing liquid), Sodium Chlorite a.k.a. Miracle Mineral Solution (diluted with water, or concetrated for spot treatment), APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, and BENTONITE CLAY a.k.a. Indian Healing Mask. I've also tried oral ivermectin, moxidectin, metronizadole. THe worst symptoms were on my scalp, which I have been shaving for easier access. Recently, for two weeks I allowed my hair to grow and stopped treatments on my scalp, while taking the oral cures, yet treating my face neck and back topically with various products. My hair grew out, and when shaved head again, and I found new sores had grown on my scalp. I decided to apply metronidazole on my skin in the form of API General Cure fish powder (which I had been drinking, but not yet applied to skin). This product also contains praziquantel. The powder dissolved easily in water, so I made a watery paste, added a few drops of DMSO for absorption and applied to all affected areas of skin with a q-tip and observed closely. Thankfully, the paste was not visibly noticable on skin, did not smell much (I asked those around me if they could smell something--they said NO), did not irritate the skin, and could be left on for many hours without issues. The paste was not sticky, nor did it powder off. Before going to bed, I'd rinse my head and face, but left the paste on my back--this caused no problems. After two days, the sores on my scalp receeded noticibly, and other flare-ups areas also improved; After a week, the sores on scalp had gone away completely, and other areas improved greatly. I'm not 100% cured, as there are still a few stubbon spots and mild flare ups here-and-there bu the sypmtoms are mild now and almost gone. The the API Geneal Cure fish powder has worked the best considering cost, time investment, risk, ease of use, and efficacy, and is easy to acquire. (Note: I've read that metronidazole is neurotoxic in high doses, so don't go overboard with it). So far, my two best recomendations are oral moxidectin, and topical API General Cure (metronidazole + praziquantel)

PS: For those of us with baths, I started experimenting with taking full body baths in a tubs, but started out using a Dr Teal's product, then will add some of the ingredients mentioned above.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by Turkeydog
MemberMember
(@toniacook)

Posted : 04/04/2024 3:21 pm

A gang of these guys were hanging down on my face/chin in full view. I've never been so freaked out in my whole life! I had applied some sulfur lotion and some other cream to my face, then walked my dogs out. I came back in and went straight to the mirror and saw about 5 big mites hanging on my face. I was too freaked out to take a picture. I removed them and took a picture of one of them. It's no wonder I'm about insane! It's a good thing it was dark out and I didn't see anyone! I can't imagine the horror!

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by tonia cook
MemberMember
(@skinshit)

Posted : 04/10/2024 5:57 pm

@lee1983 Hi Lee, how are you doing? Is the cetirizine still working for you? Are you still on 10 mg 3x/day? Any updates?

MemberMember
(@popsico)

Posted : 04/10/2024 7:12 pm

HELP! The other day I experienced a similar sensation of having a hard lump under my skin with white plugs underneath. Got prescribed antibiotics, didnt work. Saw doc again yesterday and told him about what I read here and he said it looks like impetigo (keep in mind yesterday the wounds had a more yellow look on some of them). But he still gave me three days of an oral antifungal along with different antibiotics. Im worried and wonder if I should stop the antibiotics in case he is wrong and it makes me worse.

MemberMember
(@skinshit)

Posted : 04/16/2024 5:06 pm

Updates: After fluconazole did absolutely nothing I've been checking this page semi-regularly from any updates from you all. I've been trying anything I may have missed & also trying things that have previously not worked. Nothing is working for me. Charcoal does nothing. Sulfur sort of dries it out, but really does nothing. I also purchased the betadine, however I was not able to find betadine CREAM anywhere, so I purchased ointment (they are not the same). I do not see any difference after applying this - the plugs do not come to a head for me. I have also tried diphenhydramine cream and no change with that either.

I have not bought the LED light face mask because I don't want to purchase something yet AGAIN that may not work (especially for $150). I have been applying some sulfur during the day, and then zinc oxide at night. The LED light mask gave me an idea. I remembered that a few years ago I received a high frequency wand face treatment (google it) from a friend who briefly tried it for acne. I decided to try it as it is supposed to work by producing ozone. So far I'm on day 2. No results thus far, but will be using this daily as I am beyond desperate.

I'm seriously at a loss. It seems like no one has a proven method that works for this. Can you all please update as to how you're doing? Did these plugs clear up for you at all? Have you tried anything new?

MemberMember
(@uknowho)

Posted : 04/18/2024 3:29 am

Take doxycycline - 100 milligrams twice a day for 2 days then 100 milligrams 1x a day for 2 weeks at least. I usually have to take it for a month but it gets rid of it everytime. Ive been battling with this for many years now and still now cure or any other solution. My pics show my chin with makeup trying to cover up my lesion. I get same thing. Starts out as a small bump under the skin that itches and burns till the skin over it finally tears off or scabbs up from the itching and constant attention. Then i see a crater with a ton of tiny white cones(what looks like cones) all very close to another that line the whole crater. They hurt by this point and i cant get them out so ive stopped trying. Now it just re occurs every cuple of months like clockwork.

MemberMember
(@jdend)

Posted : 04/20/2024 11:11 am

This forum has been so helpful and made me feel way less alone. I just wanted to share what has worked for me. This has been a slow path to healing!

Background: I've been on hormonal birth control for nearly two decades and came off it. My acne was first huge cystic acne (think teenage years). Then it morphed into whatever this is! Huge pimples with scabs that wouldn't heal. Under the scab is these really deep clogged plugs. I'd scrape the scab off and could see the deep plug under my skin.blet the scab heal (which takes forever) and then there would be more plugs. Occasionally I could get these out with an extra tool, but more plugs seemed to come back. These pimples/lesions would be there for months and would be nearly impossible to cover (though powder concealer worked the best to sort of pack into the hole in my face).

Anyways, after reading this forum I starting researching candida overgrowth. Boom! Women in particular are prone to this after years of birth control usage.

I've been using oral supplements for candida for the last two months and the issue is slowly healing! Less flare ups. Quicker being time. Smaller plugs that can be removed more easily. They start to poke out of the skin on their own and then I can just extract, slather with retinol oil and I'm healed in a few days.

Here are the probiotics I have been using to heal the gut/candids issue: https://www.amazon.com/Global-Healing-Center-Latero-Flora-Capsules/dp/B00117H270?

And then this retinol oil has been incredible in speeding up the cell turnover so these pimples are coming, purging, and healing in like a quarter of the time it used to take. https://www.amazon.com/Dermalogica-Retinol-Clearing-Serum-Salicylic/dp/B088T5LSRX/

I hope this is helpful for someone. I really appreciate the suggestions from this forum!

I will say I tried the topical sulfur approach mentioned here and it didn't do anything. Then I tried this candida supplements and that got me healing.

This post was modified 1 week ago by Ishayat