Notifications
Clear all

Please share your acne stories/cures!!

MemberMember
(@lamur)

Posted : 07/23/2017 3:25 pm

Hey guys! I was hoping to just start a convo about acne stories and what has helped you. My acne used to be quite bad and I managed to really clear up my skin by cutting out dairy, going on birth control, and using Retin-A. However, the past month, it's been acting up. Not nearly as bad as it once was before treatment, but more breakouts than I've had since almost a year of mostly clear skin. I really don't mind getting little whiteheads that take a few days to clear up, but I've been getting bad, red, inflamed ones. I've had about 3 bad ones in the past month. I know, not terrible. But it is concerning because I wonder about the root cause. I also tend to pick, which is the worst. Always left with such guilt after. So anyway, I'm curious to hear some feedback!!! Thinking about cutting out a lot of carbs...anyone have success with diet changes? What about exercise routine? Or good topicals for those big, inflamed pimples? Any tips to stop picking? Let me know, thanks!

MemberMember
(@smiley36)

Posted : 07/24/2017 6:54 pm

I didn't make any dietary changes and my skin has cleared up fine! I was on anti-biotics and Tazorac. I used to use Cetaphil facial cleanser and moisturizer, but I switched to Cerave and I liked it a lot better and so did my skin.

A really great product I found for huge inflamed pimples is Murad Clarifying Mask with 4% sulfur. I use it to spot treat overnight and it honestly works so well. When you feel like you have a huge one coming on and there's a little redness and pain, but no bump yet, put it on the area overnight and it will prevent the zit from forming. It is about $40 but soooo worth it! I have had my bottle of it for about 6 months now and there's still a lot left.

Whenever I get new flare-ups, it is usually due to a combination of stress, anxiety, and hormonal changes. It sucks because those are all sort of inevitable things that happen in life.

lamur liked
MemberMember
(@lamur)

Posted : 07/25/2017 7:44 am

12 hours ago, smiley36 said:

I didn't make any dietary changes and my skin has cleared up fine! I was on anti-biotics and Tazorac. I used to use Cetaphil facial cleanser and moisturizer, but I switched to Cerave and I liked it a lot better and so did my skin.

A really great product I found for huge inflamed pimples is Murad Clarifying Mask with 4% sulfur. I use it to spot treat overnight and it honestly works so well. When you feel like you have a huge one coming on and there's a little redness and pain, but no bump yet, put it on the area overnight and it will prevent the zit from forming. It is about $40 but soooo worth it! I have had my bottle of it for about 6 months now and there's still a lot left.

Whenever I get new flare-ups, it is usually due to a combination of stress, anxiety, and hormonal changes. It sucks because those are all sort of inevitable things that happen in life.

Ugh I know right!! Truly inevitable. One here and there, I can handle. I guess just this random flare-up the past few weeks was freaking me out, but it seems to be improving. Thank you for your advice!! I'm gonna look into purchasing the Murad mask you mentioned.

smiley36 liked