Notifications
Clear all

Hi, I have really bumpy skin, tiny skin coloured bumps all over my forehead that wont go away no matter what i do!

MemberMember
(@runaa)

Posted : 07/07/2017 6:12 pm

I was on roacutanne for 6 months and my skin cleared up really well. It was almost near perfect and I took care of it afterwards. My skin stayed relatively clear for more than a year but then a few months ago I started getting pimples and acne and blackheads again. I have very bumpy skin on my forehead and cheeks now. The bumps are flesh coloured and don't hurt but the skin looks rough and uneven and bad. I've tried exfoliation but it doesn't go and I really dont wear makeup, except sunscreen on a regular basis.
Any suggestions or thoughts would be welcome and greatly appreciated!

MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 07/09/2017 7:41 am

Have you tried Paula's choice 2% BHA perfecting gel? It has good reviews and I have been on it for one week and I am seeing a difference.

MemberMember
(@runaa)

Posted : 07/09/2017 5:44 pm

No, I havent. I'll look into that. Also i seem to have broken out in pimples that hurt and are hard now :/

MemberMember
(@dickymcricky)

Posted : 07/10/2017 2:12 am

You need salicylic acid to unclog those bumps. You should try a light chemical peel.

MemberMember
(@runaa)

Posted : 07/10/2017 7:25 am

I use a 2 percent salicylic scrub daily and I'm kind of scared to try a peel because my skin is really sensitive :/.
Should I be asking my doctor for another prescription of Roaccutane?

MemberMember
(@jollyhohnson)

Posted : 07/20/2017 3:34 pm

I've heard that some people use Retinol/Retin A to maintain their skin after Roaccutane. You can get a prescription from the doctor or buy products that contain retinol. It helps the skin turn over and prevents clogged pores. If in doubt, try and see a dermatologist.

Also, if you have small, under the skin bumps that don't come to the surface and are tender whatever you do don't pick them. They need to be allowed to surface or go down on their own. I sometimes take ibuprofen before I go to bed and find that helps the swelling go down - but you can't be taking ibuprofen all the time as it's bad for the stomach.

MemberMember
(@imthetinman)

Posted : 07/20/2017 8:22 pm

Mandelic Acid cleared up all of my bumps in a couple of days. Those bumps are called closed comedones by the way, and I used to have them all over my face.