Notifications
Clear all

Makeup looking terrible on my skin

MemberMember
(@mandy124)

Posted : 07/05/2017 1:17 pm

For a long time, whenever I put makeup on it doesn't sit on my skin nicely. I've tried to so many different primers, foundations but nothing makes it looks better. I currently use simple facewash, then Liz Earle instant boost skin tonic as tinder and then Avenno moisturiser. For primer I'm using L'Or©al infallible and then L'Or©al true match foundation and collection lasting reflection concealer and for power the Rimmel stay matte. I do get quite oily on my nose and chin so ant go without a powder. The photos below are what my skin looks like on a daily basis with makeup and wondering if there was anything I can for it?

IMG_7844.JPG

IMG_7861.JPG

IMG_7894.JPG

MemberMember
(@mandy124)

Posted : 07/06/2017 12:55 pm

It's so frustrating!! No primer or anything will help it! Seeing a dermatologist for the first time on Wednesday and I'm gonna speak to them and see if there's anything they can do. In a way I'm hoping hey give me roaccutant but have heard so many bad things about that :((

MemberMember
(@skinnie)

Posted : 07/06/2017 2:18 pm

I'd try a few things:

1. add in some sort of exfoliant? It looks like there's maybe some dead skin you need to get rid of that your foundation is clinging to
2. It looks really chalky - you probably use two much foundation in the first go -- it kinda looks like it's "caking". start with a small amount of foundation and really work it in to the skin and build up as needed in the spots you need it -- you don't need a thick layer everywhere. It helps if your foundation matches your skin really really well because then you can use it where need rather than thickly all over. also areas that lose some coverage won't be as apparent.
3. Use a lighter dusting of powder in just the areas you need (aka your nose) - that can also make foundation look a lot cakier.

Mandy124 liked
MemberMember
(@allykk)

Posted : 07/06/2017 2:59 pm

I had a similiar problem, but it also sits really dry on topof and around my acne.
Just get a small spray bottle and mix green tea with tea tree and jojoba oil. About 1/4cup of jojoba and 10-15 drops of tea tree, depending on your tolerance.
Once your done spray it until you're literally wet.
It doesn't help to keep you matte but I'll take what I can get. Bring a light powder with you and just touch up when you start to get really oily.
Works everytime!

MemberMember
(@mandy124)

Posted : 07/06/2017 4:31 pm

On 7/6/2017 at 12:18 PM, skinnie said:

I'd try a few things:

1. add in some sort of exfoliant? It looks like there's maybe some dead skin you need to get rid of that your foundation is clinging to
2. It looks really chalky - you probably use two much foundation in the first go -- it kinda looks like it's "caking". start with a small amount of foundation and really work it in to the skin and build up as needed in the spots you need it -- you don't need a thick layer everywhere. It helps if your foundation matches your skin really really well because then you can use it where need rather than thickly all over. also areas that lose some coverage won't be as apparent.
3. Use a lighter dusting of powder in just the areas you need (aka your nose) - that can also make foundation look a lot cakier.

Thank you for the advice! ive tried using chemical exfoliant but it broke me out so stopped. I use an exfoliating sponge 3-4 times a week but di you think I should be using it everyday? Going to the dermatologist on Wednesday do you think this is something they could help with?

On 7/6/2017 at 12:59 PM, allykk said:

I had a similiar problem, but it also sits really dry on topof and around my acne.
Just get a small spray bottle and mix green tea with tea tree and jojoba oil. About 1/4cup of jojoba and 10-15 drops of tea tree, depending on your tolerance.
Once your done spray it until you're literally wet.
It doesn't help to keep you matte but I'll take what I can get. Bring a light powder with you and just touch up when you start to get really oily.
Works everytime!

Thank you for this!! I've heard so many things about green tea but never really tried it! I'll give you a go!x

MemberMember
(@mandy124)

Posted : 07/06/2017 5:06 pm

2 hours ago, skinnie said:

I'd try a few things:

Also, would it be okay if I private messaged you to get more advice?