(@rebeckarr2)

Posted : 06/15/2017 4:06 am

What is this???? Fungal??

IMG_5674.PNG

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 06/15/2017 8:21 am

This looks like comedonal acne, plus maybe a few inflamed bumps. You could try using Nizoral shampoo to see if this helps. Leave on for several minutes before rinsing and apply the lather to your forehead as well. Use twice a week. This should help if there is anything fungal contributing. My son is currently using it, he has the same problem but mainly on his back and shoulders. I'd also recommended getting a script for a retinoid like tretinoin from your derm, this can be very effective for this type of acne. It helps unclog pores and prevent the walls of your pores from sticking together, trapping dirt, skin, and oils.

I'm not a derm, I'm just speaking from experience. You'd have to have a derm diagnose your specific condition.

Hope I've been helpful! :)

MemberMember
(@todaykestrel)

Posted : 06/03/2019 9:08 am

Did you find a cure?

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/03/2019 9:09 pm

Rebec and Kestrel

This problem is caused by malasezzia fungus. Malasezzia fungus outbreaks occur from taking antibiotics, birth control pills and possibly from accutane.

Apply Lamisil anti-fungal cream to the afected area (ie, apply an antifungal cream with terbenafine in it) and the bumps will most likely go away. If you cannot get Lailsil or other terbenafine antifungal cream without a prescriotion, buy clotrimazole anti-fungal cream (Canesten or similar) and use that instead.

It is possible that the bumps are caused by candida fungus rather than malasezzia, in which case you will need to apply nystatin anti-fungal cream.

But I think malasezia fungus is the cause so start with terbenafine cream (Lamisil or similar, or you can use butenafine cream - sold as Lotrimin ULTRA) .

Dermatologists know nothing about fungal skin conditions and they virtually never diagnose it.

Nizoral shampoo is VERY iritating to skin - yes it is antifungal, and you can shampoo your hair in it, but do not use it on your skin. The best shampoo for skin which will fix tthe bumps is Mustela Foam Shampoo for Newborns. This shampoo contains climbazole (not to be confused with clotrimazole) and climbazole wil get rid of malasezia fungus.

Do NOT use tretinoin or retinoids on the affected area.

Do NOT use moisturisers or organic oils on the afected areas - malasezzia feeds on organic oils and all fungus LOVES moisture. KEEP THE AFFECTED AREA VERY DRY.

Let me know how you go with applying the antifungal cream/s. The antifungam cream/s should clear the problem in a week or a bit longer.