Notifications
Clear all

Any oral remedies? I'm helpless.. i just cant find a cause??

MemberMember
(@nullkommaneun)

Posted : 05/08/2017 5:32 pm

Hello

I'm a girl and 17 and have been suffering from acne the past 6 years..
One year ago i took birth control for acne but it got  super bad so I quit it after 2 months. After I quit I had the best skin in the last few years.. but now slowly my acne is coming back and its gettig worse and worse and i get very depressed thinking about it because the last acne phase I had was the worst time in my life. :(
I dont know what to do.. here is my routine that I've been following for a year now:
Inositol and Multivitamin in the morning 
In the evening spearmint tea, inositol, antibiotic (minocycline) and Probiotics
I added Brewers Yeast  few days ago
I'm also vegan and try to eat most stuff whole grain, not consume  a lot of sogar, not a lot of oil... i drink about 2 litres a day. 
I never miss my period, don't have a lot of hair loss nor other symptoms of high androgen.
Topicals:
I could use all topicals in the world but my acne really comes from within and topicals only make little to no difference but I still use them.
I put vinegar, BHA, AHA , and a moisturizer on my face everynight .

Please can anyone help me what else I can do.

MemberMember
(@bluesorghum)

Posted : 05/08/2017 10:14 pm

My experience 30 years ago when I was 18 was that I went to a dermatologist who put me on Accutane. I barely remember anything about it, but I guess it must have worked. I discovered somewhere along in there that I had to use no soap/cleanser, etc., on my skin. It just seemed to be sensitive to everything and would break out if I put anything topical on it. If you think you have sensitive skin, you might try that. However, I doubt it would have cleared up with just that without taking Accutane. When my daughter started getting acne, I took her to the dermatologist thinking she could help before it got too bad. Big mistake! She put us on oral antibiotics and that has not worked at all and even made it worse (she has tried 3 different ones). Now I'm thinking of taking her to an esthetician instead. Knowing what I know now, I think it is a mistake to go to a dermatologist until your acne is pretty bad like mine was. The diet stuff seems pretty complicated to me and that is why I'm considering an esthetician who has training in nutrition. Hang in there! I know it is tough.