Notifications
Clear all

What's worked for me (regimen + store brand)

MemberMember
(@224628_1443947001)

Posted : 04/22/2017 10:34 pm

I've found this site so helpful and my acne has been consistently at bay since I began using some of the regime products and principals. So, I thought I'd share my personal regime, on the off-chance that it might work for someone else!

AM

Cleansing
- shower (no body wash, just DOVE sensitive soap in the potential stink zones)
- pat face dry and apply CERAVE HYDRATING CLEANSER for normal to dry skin, which I work around a bit; barely rinse with a splash or two if cold water; pat dry

Moisturizing
- apply oil directly to face (I started doing this this Winter when it was really dry, and my skin is so happy!), either Acne.org JOJOBA or ANCIENT GREEK REMEDY OIL, which is thicker (the fragrance is not a problem for me, possibly because it is lavender which is anti-inflammatory)
- apply OLAY COMPLETE SENSITIVE ALL DAT MOISTURE CREME WITH SPF to my face, over the oil
- body lotion: WHOLE FOODS MAXIMUM MOISTURE ULTRA EMOLLIENT BODY LOTION, to which I'll add oil if it's really dry out or I'm taking extra showers for any reason.

Makeup
I stopped wearing foundation; it irritates my skin, and flakes off weirdly around my nose, so I avoid it at all costs. Instead, I am liberal with blush and bronzer, and wear whatever eye makeup I wish. I use NEUTROGENA PRESSED POWDER FOUNDATION on my forehead only, to keep shine at bay.

AT NIGHT
- remove eye makeup with ACNE.org JOJOBA, just rub a couple drops on my fingers to run around my eyes, which I then wipe it off with a microfiber cloth.
- apply WHOLE FOODS BRAND GENTLE SKIN CLEANSER (or whatever the cheapest generic version does Cetaphil might be), rinse and pat dry
- floss to let my face dry a bit
- apply ACNE.org BENZYL PEROXIDE
- brush my teeth while that dries
- moisturizer with a liberal mix of the OLAY COMPLETR SENSITIVE CREAM and JOJOBA

Every several weeks, I do ACNE.org AHA instead of the cream.

I'd be happy to know if this helps anybody. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@trueblonde27)

Posted : 07/14/2017 1:55 pm

I've been using a very similar regimen and it's worked well for me too! Switching to more natural products (especially the oils) has made a major improvement in the quality of my skin. It's always exciting to find things our skin loves - I'm happy for you!

Do you mind sharing what brands of blush and bronzers you use please?

Thank you!
Stefanie