Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizing

MemberMember
(@nick-isra)

Posted : 04/23/2017 4:50 am

hello there,

i searched on google to find the proper way of moisturizing and ive found different results some said that you need to apply to your wet skin after washing with a soap ( neutrogena in my case) and keep it there
but on my moisturizer the guide says that you should apply to your wet skin after washing and then wash it off
which one is the correct way ?

what i used to do is to dry my skin after washing with soap and then apply the moisturizer and keep it there but now my skin is so dry and flaky so i guess i was doing it wrong
btw im using la roche posay effaclar H moisturizer

thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 04/23/2017 5:14 am

Ive never heard of having to wash off a moisturiser, that seems odd to me. What one says to do that? After I wash, I dry my face and then apply the moisturiser. My dermatologist would have told me to keep my fave wet if that was the proper way. But thats just me.

MemberMember
(@nick-isra)

Posted : 04/23/2017 6:29 am

exactly how i ve been doing this and my face is extremely dry , i will start using oil if thats the best of my moisturizer

what is written on the back of my product:
'lather a small amount of product with water in the palm of your hand. Apply to your wet face, moving from center outwards, in single strokes. Rinse thoroughly and dry without rubbing.Avoid eye area..'

and also on the front:
'DERMA-SOOTHING HYDRATING CLEANSING CREAM No soap - physiological pH'
im wondering if that replaces my soap or ? is it a cleansing or only hydrating cream?

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 04/23/2017 6:56 am

Ohh thats not an actual moisturiser, its a face cleanser/wash. That makes more sense. Yes, ot does replace your soap. And yes, do what it says. Wet your face and then use the product, then wash off and pat dry. Definitely do not leave it on your face. If this leaves your face dry, you will need to use an actual moisturiser afterwards. There are lots out there but if your wanting to use an oil to moisturise, I would recommend 'Jojoba oil' or 'avocado oil'. Do not use coconut oil as it will clog your pores over time and make you get more acne. You only need a very very small amount. Like 2-4 drops of the oil approx.

MemberMember
(@nick-isra)

Posted : 04/23/2017 7:18 am

i asked about jojoba oil and its not available here, i will try avocado oil
and 1 more question i have neutrogena face wash and this moisturizer+face wash
should i buy another moisturizer and use it with neutrogena?
or buy another moisturizer and use it with this moisturizer+face wash?

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 04/23/2017 4:18 pm

What face wash you use is up to you. But dont use both together. You can always use one wash in the morning and the other wash at night. The oil is your moisturiser and to be used after a wash. If you dont use the oil as a moisturiser then you will need to buy a cream moisturiser. The wash with the moisturiser is not an actual moisturiser, it just means that it helps hydralyte your skin but its not an actual moisturiser. Cetaphil moisturiser is popular.

MemberMember
(@nick-isra)

Posted : 04/24/2017 2:38 am

i will go with my neutrogena soap as im used to it and i bought yesterday a new effaclar H moisturizer the one that my doctor gave me but my pharmacist gave me wrong and its doing a great job since yesterday
thanks for your help , i really appreciate it