Notifications
Clear all

Masturbating and weightlifting = oily skin = Acne? Experiment

MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 04/03/2017 2:17 am

hello @magicman246810, how is it going? Nothing new with me here. Just wanna get a quick update from you.

MemberMember
(@mrfringe)

Posted : 04/03/2017 7:27 am

Just be careful when it comes to Accutane, if that's the route you ultimately choose.

I just turned 34 and you know those people who say they've tried everything (but they really haven't) - I've tried everything. I did Accutane and it worked for about 6 months and then my skin just sort of went back to breaking out again.

Living a clean/healthy lifestyle definitely helps but what I'm trying to say is that there is no miracle cure, even Accutane is not guaranteed to resolve anything so before going down that path think about whether it's really worth it.

shmilyM liked
MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 04/03/2017 9:50 am

Thank you @mrfringe, I am pretty sure both me and magicman245610 are fully aware of the downside. When it comes to eating clean/healthy lifestyle, I guarantee that I eat no junk foods or consume beverage (just not reach the extreme degree: super clean, super healthy, strict diet). Well, sadly but true, Accutane is not an overnight success and is not the miracle which can stop the acne forever but at least for now, it is the only choice we can have. My problem is not just acne, but acne comes whenever we ejaculate :( 

MemberMember
(@mrfringe)

Posted : 04/03/2017 11:17 am

Well, this is your theory, based on your observations, so who am I to say you're right or wrong but if you believe it's down to that then it's likely a hormone issue, right? and Accutane is unlikely to correct that. Accutane just pumps you full of Vitamin A for several months - your skin dries out like crazy and your skin can even get worse. You might come away with nice skin once everything is healed and you've come off of the medication but your gut will be all over the place. Then you'll always wonder whether or not the acne will return once the Accutane basically leaves your system.

Yes, for some people, Accutane can really change their skin but for a lot of others it's merely a temporary fix.

I'm not warning you off, I'm not a professional but I just think that, given the option again, with what I know now, I'm not sure I would have chosen Accutane at the time I did. My side effects were bad - nose bleeds, gum bleeding, back pain, skin so dry it cracked, my lips basically peeled off and if a spot came up and I tried to squeeze it I'd end up sliding all the skin around that spot off with the motion of squeezing as it was so tender (like a well-cooked chicken).

Horror stories aside, I wish you good luck I just don't want anyone to pin all their hopes on a medication.

shmilyM liked
MemberMember
(@magicman246810)

Posted : 04/03/2017 11:24 am

I'm still spraying my face with salt water at night before I go to bed. I've noticed I haven't had any inflamed zits since I started doing that. My main problem now is just blackheads and small comedones on my cheeks left over. I've started weight lifting again too and exercising. It doesn't seem to affect my acne. I honestly am just trying to forget about it. I've noticed that my skin has always looked the best when I do the least amount and let your body heal on its own. When I start using harsh chemicals and topicals on it I start obsessing over how my skin looks constantly and my skin ends up looking like shit. All my scaring that I have right now is definitely caused from benzoyl peroxide.

My mom, dad, and grandparents all have really nice skin so I think the cause for my acne was overtreating it with tons of chemicals. It wasn't even that bad at first but after using chemical after chemical on it I went from mild acne to moderate acne. Just gonna let my salt water wash and the sun clear it up in time. Unless you have cystic acne that's scaring Shmily I wouldn't take accutane. Just try and stopobsessing over it and doing less. It will go away eventually over time and you'll feel better about yourself. I also am trying to masturbate less. I was doing it everyday and nowonly do it every 4 days or so. Oil production is reduced from that and I feel better about my self in general

shmilyM liked
MemberMember
(@magicman246810)

Posted : 06/17/2017 3:24 pm

Thought I'd give one last update if any of you still care. Skin is looking really good. All I did was really stop caring about my skin. Sometimes I go a whole day without washing it and my skin has never looked better. I also gave up binge drinking alcohol (I'm in college) so that probably helped too. Haven't had a new zit in a month since I started and my skin is glowing. I still lift weights 4 times a week, have a protein shake after, masturbate everyday and my skin still looks great. Sometimes doing less is better for your skin guys. Of course if you have severe acne that's scarring you should go on accutane but for mild/moderate acne I suggest just not giving a shit about your skin for a month and see how it goes. You'll be suprised with the results

shmilyM liked
MemberMember
(@shmilym)

Posted : 06/18/2017 6:35 am

Okay, understood. Do you still spray your face with salt water?
Thank you for your update & remember to go back this forum once you have anything new.

Keep well & in touch man!

MemberMember
(@magicman246810)

Posted : 06/19/2017 9:14 pm

On 6/18/2017 at 7:35 AM, shmilyM said:

Okay, understood. Do you still spray your face with salt water?
Thank you for your update & remember to go back this forum once you have anything new.

Keep well & in touch man!

Definitely will. And no I stopped using the saltwater spray for my face. It started to irritate it. Only use it for my body works really well for body acne still. Only water for my face and sometimes I exfoliate once a week if I feel like it. I still got a long road to where I want to be with my skin but at least I've finally gotten my acne under control

shmilyM liked