Notifications
Clear all

ORANGE PEEL SKIN DISASTER W/ PICTURES

MemberMember
(@bunnyboo3)

Posted : 08/15/2020 9:12 am

On 7/1/2020 at 4:47 PM, NoSeRiki said:

Hey guys! Just checking in with another update.

Skin is really starting to look good. I started using the TOTAL CERAMIDE cream from Near Skin and its really helping with texture. I can see that my skin is really starting to regain that normal, plump texture. It must be from a combination of the Elidel and ceramide cream. I definitely would recommend a ceramide cream to anyone who is having barrier issues. There is still lingering redness, but its slowly fading.

I know I have had quite a winding roadto this place, graciously pointed out by a previous poster. But I finally feel like full recovery is definitely possible. The orange peel texture can be resolved, but it can possibly take years. Definitely give a ceramide cream a try, and have hope! If I can recover, given how wrecked my skin was, you can too!!!

any updates?

MemberMember
(@fasthealing)

Posted : 10/14/2020 1:24 pm

Do you think that AHA can help me"????

I have photosensitivity from retinoid cream ! And my skin is still red even i have 1, 5 year to get burned! Can AHA help me or they will make me worse?

MemberMember
(@noseriki)

Posted : 11/12/2020 5:16 pm

Hey there!

Sorry, I havent been on here for a long time. I got really discouraged because though I would see initial improvements with the different topicals, nothing was really addressing the textural issues. Doctors kept telling me the issue was seb derm or rosacea, but I knew something else was going on.

Well, GOOD NEWS!!!! I have finally found something that truly works and I believe I figured out the problem. Now I know I have claimed this same thing many times, but NOW I know for sure that my discovery is real.

It turns out my main issues, in addition to being worsened by dehydrated skin, were the result of a very harsh physical exfoliating scrub I used while on accutane. The scrub had crushed olive pits inside of it, basically tiny sharp shards that scratched my skin and destroyed it. And the damage was intensified because my skin was so delicate due to the accutane. I used the scrub daily for nearly 2 years, so you can only imagine how significant the damage was. This is what caused my issues. I dont know if you have used a physical scrub in the past as well, but this could be the source of your damage as well.

I was about to try Fraxel repair surgery, but before I did, I started seeing a new Derm. He at first prescribed me Soolantra for rosacea, and then some topical steroid, but it wasnt really helping. So he then prescribed me a retinoid/steroid called DUOBRII. This has worked without a doubt. I have been using it for 2 months now, and the problems that always bothered me are starting to recede. The plumpness is slowly starting to return to my face, along with normal skin tone. The redness is receding, and the texture is starting to even out as well. There was SO MUCH damage done that I expect my skin will never quite return to what it was, but with this new med, I think it will get pretty close. There were literally tear lines on my face from the scrub, and my skin couldnt retain water anymore so it always looked dehydrated and just fucked up. But this med is changing all that. It really is. I know I have made this claim so many times. But now I finally understand what the problem was and I can definitely see that this med is correcting it. Its like my skin is beginning to be able to keep moisture in again. And as a result, the redness is fading and the texture is improving.

If your damage is possibly from a scrub or some sort of over-exfoliation, I encourage you to try DUOBRII. It will take several weeks to see noticeable benefits, and even more time to see real resolution, but stick with it. And DO NOT use everyday. Every other day at most.

I know I got shit for continuing to post with new remedies so frequently. So I wanted to wait a while to see if this really worked. And I can confidently say that this is the real deal. Of course, it may not work for you, but if your skin experience is similar to mine, its worth a shot.

My skin was SO fucked. If I can heal, then I really believe anyone can. As I said, Ive got a long way to go. But for the first time in like 6 years, I believe, without ANY shadow of a doubt, I have found the answer. And you must be realistic with your expectations. Your skin might never look exactly like it did before any of the damage occurred, but you can definitely improve by like 90% I think. And thats pretty damn good. And who knows what will happen over time.

So hang in there, never give up, and give DUOBRII a try.

All my best and all my love and all the hope and strength I can wish for you.

-NoSeRiki

MemberMember
(@fasthealing)

Posted : 02/11/2021 3:05 pm

Hello! Did anyone saw any improvement ?

MemberMember
(@noseriki)

Posted : 02/27/2021 4:14 pm

Hi there!

Checking in again. Improvement is amazing right now. Started using a new topical, in combination with the DUOBRII, called AKLIEF. Its working wonders. Normal texture and color are returning in a more significant way than they ever have. Im very excited. Ive still got more time to go, but I think like 95% healing is definitely possible. My eyebrows were fucked up by that scrub though, got very thin. So I have to figure out how to address that. But skin is looking great, and I have every hope it will continue to get better.

So hang in there everyone. My skin caused me such suffering for so long. I thought the damage I had done was permanent. But its really fading now, and I have hope again. I wish the same for all of you :)))

-NoSeRiki

MemberMember
(@noseriki)

Posted : 05/11/2021 8:36 pm

Another update:

Total healing is indeed possible. Im continuing to use the Aklief and improvement is slow, but definite. Parts of my skin are starting to resemble what they looked like before any of this began.

I just had a chemical peel and, though my skin is still peeling from it as I had it 5 days ago, I can see the results and theyre very significant. I can see that its like theres just layers and layers of damaged skin. But underneath it is perfect healthy glowing skin. You just need to get through all the layers of crap before that perfect layer is visible. This takes a lot of work and time. Anything that excels the rate of turn over could be potentially helpful, like retinoids and chemical peels. But your skin must be in a state of fairly good hydration before you can these approaches.

My feeling is, unless theres deep scarring or youre genetically programmed for it, you can reverse a lot of damage. I know it depends on the condition, but I think a lotof orange peel texture scenarios you guys are dealing with can definitely be reversed. Have hope!

MemberMember
(@sincerelystupid)

Posted : 05/12/2021 2:48 pm

18 hours ago, NoSeRiki said:

Another update:

Total healing is indeed possible. Im continuing to use the Aklief and improvement is slow, but definite. Parts of my skin are starting to resemble what they looked like before any of this began.

I just had a chemical peel and, though my skin is still peeling from it as I had it 5 days ago, I can see the results and theyre very significant. I can see that its like theres just layers and layers of damaged skin. But underneath it is perfect healthy glowing skin. You just need to get through all the layers of crap before that perfect layer is visible. This takes a lot of work and time. Anything that excels the rate of turn over could be potentially helpful, like retinoids and chemical peels. But your skin must be in a state of fairly good hydration before you can these approaches.

My feeling is, unless theres deep scarring or youre genetically programmed for it, you can reverse a lot of damage. I know it depends on the condition, but I think a lotof orange peel texture scenarios you guys are dealing with can definitely be reversed. Have hope!

Can you share some pictures of what your skin looked like before and now currently? So we can see the improvement.

MemberMember
(@fasthealing)

Posted : 08/02/2021 1:47 am

On 5/12/2021 at 4:36 AM, NoSeRiki said:

Another update:

I just had a chemical peel and, though my skin is still peeling from it as I had it 5 days ago, I can see the results and theyre very significant. I can see that its like theres just layers and layers of damaged skin. But underneath it is perfect healthy glowin

i am happy for you progress! i totally agree that there must me LAYERS AND LAYERS of damaged skin and that i guess under them it should be healthy skin! But i don't wanna risk and use any of this methods...i cannot risk more in my situation!

Do you know or does anyone knows HOW MANY YEARS it needs for ALL the skin layers to be refreshed with new cells?

MemberMember
(@fasthealing)

Posted : 01/01/2022 10:32 am

Hello again !

I wonder if anyone achieve to get completely healed.

Please update us.

Personally i had photosensitivity except from orange peel skin. And serious sunburn that it was not healing for 6 years.

Now i had to get burned 3 years..i mean my last sunburn was 3 years before cause i never go out !! not cause i was healed.

My skin isless red and seems better but still its nothing like before!!!!

How many years i need in order to get a totally new skin? Does anyone knows how much it takes for ALL your skin barriers to get replaced?

Guys this is a NIGHTMARE ! I don't get why my/our skin is not healing completely!!!

MemberMember
(@followthatdream1985gmail-com)

Posted : 01/03/2022 5:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new here but I've been following this thread for a very long time. Have any of you tried pore minimizers? I'm going to try one and share updates.

I know we need to focus on healing but in the meanwhile isn't there a way to conceal ourpores? Do any of you have any foundation recs? I've tried so many but they end up emphasizing my texture/pores even more. Surely there must be a product out there to cover up this type of skin?!

MemberMember
(@noseriki)

Posted : 01/07/2022 1:45 am

Skin looking incredible!!! Im not ready to share pics yet because, well, its very sensitive for me and things are still improving. But trust me, this damage can heal!!!! The Aklief has been central to my recovery. You must find a way to speed up the regeneration process or things will just stagnate. But its really happening!!! I wish it for all of you :)))

MemberMember

Posted : 01/07/2022 7:14 am

5 hours ago, NoSeRiki said:

Skin looking incredible!!!  I™m not ready to share pics yet because, well, it™s very sensitive for me and things are still improving.  But trust me, this damage can heal!!!!  The Aklief has been central to my recovery.  You must find a way to speed up the regeneration process or things will just stagnate.  But it™s really happening!!!  I wish it for all of you :)))

Hi NoSeRiki, that is fantastic news! I guess everyone's situation is unique -though we do have some things in common (damaged skin barrier, texture/pores, dehydrated skin, etc.) - so maybe your original skin condition wasn't very damanged. I read that Aklief contains a type of retinoid and I don't think people with severly damaged skin barriers would benefit from anything as aggressive. I remember my skin started to show this "orange peel texture" after topical use of retinoids, drying soaps, glycolic acid, scrubs, etc. so one thing for sure is: being gentle on our skin is a must. 

MemberMember
(@fasthealing)

Posted : 01/09/2022 9:35 am

Guys my face looks more fat suddendly! Do you think it might be cause of my skin regaining the ability to keep water?

Or did i just gained weight....

But i am slim still....i don't know if i gain weight to the face more than the body. In the body i cannot see any significant difference.

After this damage and sunburn my facebecame extremely flat. And in the past it used to have a lot of volume even though i was slim.

Note that my case is way more serious than an orange peel. My skin became so thin that i was burned in NO TIME even in winter's morning sun !

Of course orange peel though is also serious and damaging for someone's self esteem. It is not only that i am burned..but my skin is not white and with good texture as before its like i am always burned ...which i think i am.

How many years does the skin needs to repair ALL THE LAYERS?

MemberMember

Posted : 01/09/2022 3:00 pm

Hi fasthealing! It probably depends on the degree of damage. If your skin is dehydrated, you could first focus on fixing that...

On 1/19/2017 at 12:56 PM, H4nnz said:

IMG_0174.JPG

Looking at the OP's photo, I don't really see any indents, lines or cracks but mainly pores. Have you tried any pore minimizers? One of my friends has large pores on her nose and Benefits Pore Minimizer works like magic on her!

MemberMember
(@fasthealing)

Posted : 01/10/2022 5:33 pm

Hello! Lets say the damage was huge how many years MAX it will need to heal?

I have not got a sunburn for 3 years but STILL its nothing like before! It is still red and not so good in texture.

The pores are gonna get better when it will heal so i don't care so much...also i don't have so many pores.

MemberMember

Posted : 01/11/2022 2:28 pm

So you have orange peel texture but with few pores? Or do you just have inflamed/dehydrated skin? If your skin barrier is damaged, work on soothing/healing that. Use products with few ingredients. Madecassoide is supposed to be very healing. Many people with irritated/inflamed skin swear by La Roche Posay's Cicaplast. You could try that. As for how long it will take, it most likelydepends on how damaged your skin is. The more you baby your skin, the quicker it will heal!

MemberMember
(@fasthealing)

Posted : 01/11/2022 3:34 pm

1 hour ago, NeverGiveUp34 said:

So you have orange peel texture but with few pores? Or do you just have inflamed/dehydrated skin? If your skin barrier is damaged, work on soothing/healing that. Use products with few ingredients. Madecassoide is supposed to be very healing. Many people with irritated/inflamed skin swear by La Roche Posay's Cicaplast. You could try that. As for how long it will take, it most likelydepends on how damaged your skin is. The more you baby your skin, the quicker it will heal!

Thank you! I have to get burned for 3 years and i baby my skin from then. I cannot baby it more.I am way better that 6 years before (cause before i was scared to look at my face in the mirror)but the damage was so huge.......that it seems i might need 3 more years to heal. This is a nightmare. To be honest i might be happy if i will be totally healed in 2-3 years. I seems like a dream. For all this years i believed i will never heal. It seems like a not realistic dream.

I have never observed quick healing 6 years now. It was always super slow small changes. For example if i take a photo now i might see small improvement 6 months or 1 year later. This is how slow i am healing. Actually i just don't see any improvement cause its SO SLOW. I realised i am better than 1 year before cause i just saw photos of me. In real life its not detectable from me or others.

I was also burned in my neck and like i said before. I was burned for all the summer (3 months) with NO improvement at all even to my neck. But my neck SUDDENDLY healed....i mean 3,5 months after i stopped retinoids itwas like the sunburn starting fading a bit in my neck, and 1 months after most of it have gone. The healing happened super quickly and normal.This never happened to my face NEVER till now. For sure i used moreretinoid cream to my face than my neck, plus our neck is extremely difficult to get burned. So the damage should have been WAY less.

I don't know this doctor destroyed my life guys. And their is nothing i can do except waiting.

MemberMember

Posted : 01/12/2022 2:21 pm

You're welcome. If your skin is red and inflamed, you should definitely avoid the sun. Wear a hat and take vitamin D supplements! Have you heard of tepezcohuite? It's supposed to heal wounds and according to many articles, quite a few Mexicans have been using it to treat burn victims. I don't think many studies have been done on this bark (one should be careful about side-effects) but it's supposed to have regenerative abilities.

Are you applying anything to your face? Even if your progress is slow, slow progress is better than no progress! You could take some supplements to speed things up.

MemberMember
(@fasthealing)

Posted : 01/13/2022 10:32 pm

On 1/12/2022 at 9:21 PM, NeverGiveUp34 said:

You're welcome. If your skin is red and inflamed, you should definitely avoid the sun. Wear a hat and take vitamin D supplements! Have you heard of tepezcohuite? It's supposed to heal wounds and according to many articles, quite a few Mexicans have been using it to treat burn victims. I don't think many studies have been done on this bark (one should be careful about side-effects) but it's supposed to have regenerative abilities.

Are you applying anything to your face? Even if your progress is slow, slow progress is better than no progress! You could take some supplements to speed things up.

Hello again and thank you. Yes it is inflamed ONLY to the areas i was burned....i was burned only were i used the retinoid cream.

What supplements would you suggest?I have tried a lot like astaxantine, collagen but nothing seemed to work!

Yes i apply oils to my face. I dont wanna mess with side effects and medicines again!

I just searched abouttepezcohuite! it is from bark tree!

do you know which product they use specific for burns? If will find an extract of it would it be the same or less effective?

MemberMember

Posted : 01/14/2022 11:09 am

@fasthealing

Sigh, retinoid seems to be the culprit for so many of us.

I've also started taking astaxanthin. How long did you take it for? Some sources claim that it takes at least 2 months for it to work.

How about regular fish oil/omega 3 or Q10?Make sure you talk to your doctor before though, if you have any medical issues.

From what you've written it seems like your issue isn't large pores/orange peel texture, so I think you just need to heal your moisture barrier. Try cicaplast and look into tepezcohuite.

MemberMember
(@fasthealing)

Posted : 01/15/2022 11:05 am

23 hours ago, NeverGiveUp34 said:

@fasthealing

Sigh, retinoid seems to be the culprit for so many of us.

I've also started taking astaxanthin. How long did you take it for? Some sources claim that it takes at least 2 months for it to work.

How about regular fish oil/omega 3 or Q10?Make sure you talk to your doctor before though, if you have any medical issues.

From what you've written it seems like your issue isn't large pores/orange peel texture, so I think you just need to heal your moisture barrier. Try cicaplast and look into tepezcohuite.

I was talking it for YEARS....maybe 2 years. It didn't helped ! I have also tried fish oil nothing.

Yes my problem is that i literally have a sunburn which is so deep that it is not healing. Thank you again. I will try find tepezcohuite. Do you suggest a specific product?

I also used to have and orange peel texture and huge pores but it healed kinda fast (some months). But my pores were bigger than normal for years. And even today they are not as before....before this damage you could not see even one pore. My skin was perfect....

MemberMember

Posted : 01/16/2022 4:59 pm

On 1/15/2022 at 10:05 PM, fasthealing said:

I was talking it for YEARS....maybe 2 years. It didn't helped ! I have also tried fish oil nothing.

Yes my problem is that i literally have a sunburn which is so deep that it is not healing. Thank you again. I will try find tepezcohuite. Do you suggest a specific product?

I also used to have and orange peel texture and huge pores but it healed kinda fast (some months). But my pores were bigger than normal for years. And even today they are not as before....before this damage you could not see even one pore. My skin was perfect....

Oh nooo. Well, astaxanthin is good for other things too so I'll continue.

Look for Anahuac oil (aceite de tepezcohuite) on ebay or this product:

Mimosa "Tepezcohuite" Absolute Oil (Mimosa Tenuiflora) [Edited link out]

Then there's a collagen and vitamin Etepezcohuite cream on amazon. I'm going to try it.

MemberMember

Posted : 01/17/2022 3:01 pm

So guys, my brain is obviously telling me that we need to baby our delicate skin but then I across these kind of posts and I get confused!!:

This member had orange peel skin and she had TCA peeling done and you can see an improvement. I also saw some pictures of people with huge pores, orange peel texture on cheeks on Instagram and after getting TCA peel, their skin looks incredible (pores and texture practically gone!). What do you guys think??

MemberMember
(@jackson1234)

Posted : 01/17/2022 4:37 pm

1 hour ago, NeverGiveUp34 said:

So guys, my brain is obviously telling me that we need to baby our delicate skin but then I across these kind of posts and I get confused!!:

This member had orange peel skin and she had TCA peeling done and you can see an improvement. I also saw some pictures of people with huge pores, orange peel texture on cheeks on Instagram and after getting TCA peel, their skin looks incredible (pores and texture practically gone!). What do you guys think??

I'd say that depends on whether you have orange peel skin due to a moisture barrier issue or if it's simply a textural issue. If its a moisture barrier issue you will be hyper sensitive to most treatments and recovery will be impaired. A good indicator would be how sensitive your skin is.

MemberMember

Posted : 01/17/2022 5:24 pm

46 minutes ago, Jackson1234 said:

I'd say that depends on whether you have orange peel skin due to a moisture barrier issue or if it's simply a textural issue. If its a moisture barrier issue you will be hyper sensitive to most treatments and recovery will be impaired. A good indicator would be how sensitive your skin is.

Thanks for your feedback! Yeah...that makes sense. I actually have a bit of rosacea so the idea of putting such a potentacid on my face and poking my skin doesn't sound ideal.