Notifications
Clear all

ORANGE PEEL SKIN DISASTER W/ PICTURES

MemberMember
(@mathilde)

Posted : 04/18/2017 2:47 pm

I've heard that salicylic acid helps with this, since it is both exfoliating and prevents blackheads and whiteheads from forming. Haven't really tried it that much my self, but if you haven't tried it, it might be worth a shot.

MemberMember
(@altemia)

Posted : 04/25/2017 7:49 am

Hi people,

I've recently noticed this orange peel issue on my own skin. I've definitely mistreated and damaged my skin in a misguided attempt to improve it.
If you could keep posting about your own journey that'd be awesome because i'd love to hear what's working for other people.

For myself i've recently started taking a number of supplements in the hope of rejuvenating my skin and combatting some of the damage i've done:

- Acidophilus Plus (I took antibiotics for a long time to treat acne and i'm sure its the cause of my damaged digestive system).
- Vitamin D3 (Supposedly good for skin).
- Primrose Oil (Supposedly good for skin).
- Milk Thistle (Good for the Liver which will be working hard to remove toxins from my body).

I'm also using a home steamer and clear my pores.

Facial skin is something i've always been self conscious about as well, particularly because it prematurely ages. You are not alone.

MemberMember
(@comfycozy2)

Posted : 05/30/2017 10:00 pm

I know you say this isn't genetic, but I think part of itdefinitely is. The pattern of pores on your cheeks is very regular to oily skin types. Your parents may not have it, but you very likely ended up with a recessive gene. My skin is similar on my cheeks (just not clogged), and it didn't look like that until my hormones started changing in my early teens. I actually just ignored any acne I had, so it was never from any treatment. Your skin doesn't look damaged, just very sensitive, hormonal and oily. I actually don't see anything wrong with it. Your skin looks plump and healthy, just a bit oily. May I ask what your routine is like currently, as well as your diet?
Youre right that there isn't going to be a magic cream or topical to make it all go away. But I think I can suggest things that'll really improve it! I've improved my skin a lot, and I suffered some retain a damage later. I'd say at this point, some areas look better than they did before.

MemberMember
(@cardboard-wall)

Posted : 06/01/2017 4:51 am

might be sebaceous filaments. Look into that.

MemberMember
(@h4nnz)

Posted : 06/03/2017 4:35 am

On 31/05/2017 at 4:00 AM, ComfyCozy2 said:

I know you say this isn't genetic, but I think part of itdefinitely is. The pattern of pores on your cheeks is very regular to oily skin types. Your parents may not have it, but you very likely ended up with a recessive gene. My skin is similar on my cheeks (just not clogged), and it didn't look like that until my hormones started changing in my early teens. I actually just ignored any acne I had, so it was never from any treatment. Your skin doesn't look damaged, just very sensitive, hormonal and oily. I actually don't see anything wrong with it. Your skin looks plump and healthy, just a bit oily. May I ask what your routine is like currently, as well as your diet?
Youre right that there isn't going to be a magic cream or topical to make it all go away. But I think I can suggest things that'll really improve it! I've improved my skin a lot, and I suffered some retain a damage later. I'd say at this point, some areas look better than they did before.

I disagree with you. My skin has been damaged as there are parts of my face like my jawline and upper cheekbones that haven't got these large pores. If it was genetic I would 100% believe the pores wouldn't be as big as they are now. I said how I experienced a burning sensation on my face from a retin a. From that day on, my skin has been a mess. Before that, large pores were not a problem. I totally believe it is a side effect of acne I've had in the past. Diet doesn't come into it for me. It would be helpful if you could say what helped your skin though. Any advice is much appreciated but I know my own skin.

Thanks for your response.

On 01/06/2017 at 10:51 AM, DateMonthYear said:

might be sebaceous filaments. Look into that.

I've got these on the sides of my nose. If the rest of my face had sabaceous filaments then I wouldn't be left with loads of pinpricks (pores) over my face. Not sure how to get rid of sabaceous filaments though?

MemberMember
(@darkestlight)

Posted : 06/07/2017 2:57 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been going through the same issues as many of you here (Orange peel texture) and have yet to find a solution to this problem.
I have done countless hours researching online and trying new products recommended on internet forums (acne forums, Reddit, and Rosacea forums) to no avail. From what I have gathered from my own personal experience I truly believe the skin condition we are suffering from is a result of skin damage and it not directly linked to genetics. Having said that, genetics is most always the cause of why we were using harsh treatments that caused this issue.

The Cause
For me personally, I know this skin damage was causedbenzoyl peroxide and over-exposure to the sun. to clarify, one afternoon I had applied benzoyl peroxide and went out for a long bike ride and got sunburned. All it took was me forgetting to wash off thebenzoyl peroxide and exposing myself to a sunburn. Although the sunburn wasn't bad (no peeling or blisters) it became clear several days later that something was seriously wrong. The sunburn started out very normal, just redness. After maybe a week Istarted to notice very pink almost scar-tissue like areas on my cheeks with enlarged pores,these areas then spread to my forehead and temples. It later developed by introducing very fine lines on the upper part of my cheeks below my eyes and also on my forehead. This condition has also made my acne worse. My face was pretty clear before this and I would only get a couple pimples now and then as I maintained my complexion through diet, exercise and a cleansing routine. It has becomeevidently clear the structural integrity of my skin has been compromised. I can remember the skin on my forehead feeling numb and almost phantom-like. Though the numbness has passed my skin still feels very thin and weak, applying most products still burns my face. Below is a list of all the skin changes I have experienced.

Changes To Skin

• Pinkish area on my cheeks with enlarged pores ( some of the pink has faded with time)
  • enlarged pores that look like micro-holes on forehead and temples
  • Thin weak feeling skin on face
  • numbness on face (since faded)
  • oversensitive skin (products burn my face)
  • fine lines/micro-crinkles on cheeks and forehead
  • Weakened structural integrity of skin (pimples will leave pitted scars now)
  • acne onareas of my face I never used to get acne (cheeks)

I have since been to the dermatologist and tried numerous products. I went to my Dermatologist shorty after I started noticing the changes to my skin (maybe one month in). My Dermatologist prescribed meMinoclycline and told me to use an AHA. I took Minoclycline for two months before discontinuing use. I didn't notice any difference while onMinoclycline and decided the risk vs reward while using an antibiotic for extended periods of time was not worth it for me. I tried the AHA but as mentioned above it burned my skin. From all the different experiences I have been reading online it appears that most dermatologists have conflicting opinions on how to treat this. It has been 15 months since my skin was normal looking and so far the only thing I have noticed that has made the slightest improvement is time. All attempts to restore my skins thickness (natural skin barrier) through use of different lotions/mild cleansers/emu oil/vitamins has failed. I am planning on making another appointment with a different Dermatologist to see what they say. I know how stressful and anxiety inducing this skin condition is first hand. I know what its like to feel like a shell or your former self and the overwhelming depression accompanying this. To anyone reading this, despite what you think you are not alone. We are all suffering from this together, maybe together we can find the solution.

fasthealing, Yola4, H4nnz and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@h4nnz)

Posted : 06/25/2017 6:49 am

I don't know how much longer I can deal with this guys...

MemberMember
(@comfycozy2)

Posted : 06/27/2017 11:55 pm

I'm sorry you feel this way! If you're feeling like it's the end of things, please consider seeing someone (a therapist, counselor, etc) that addresses body image issues. I understand you feel you've been damaged and you don't like the look of your skin, but the way your skin looks doesn't define your beauty. Getting your head in a better place will also help you continue searching for new remedies while still living a happy productive life. I don't believe others will ever think twice about it when they look at you. There's also a good chance that this will start to remedy as you get older and your hormones change. Your skin is very plump and youthful, and I don't see acne scars. I think the general public would think you have nice skin! It seems to be what I've found with people who don't think about skin much.

Jenna2 liked
MemberMember
(@junkyak)

Posted : 07/14/2017 9:32 am

Does anyone know if Retinol will do the same?

I have the same condition. I just started with a new regimen

morning:
olive oil soap
witch hazel toner
moisturizer

night:
olive oil soap
witch hazel toner
vitamin c/hylaronic acid

Every other day I exfoliate with Dermalogica microfoliant.

Hopefully this work but I have also been contemplating using a retinol. I've also heard of not using cleansers and just washing with water.

MemberMember
(@h4nnz)

Posted : 07/15/2017 1:27 pm

On 14/07/2017 at 3:32 PM, JunkyAK said:

Does anyone know if Retinol will do the same?

I have the same condition. I just started with a new regimen

morning:
olive oil soap
witch hazel toner
moisturizer

night:
olive oil soap
witch hazel toner
vitamin c/hylaronic acid

Every other day I exfoliate with Dermalogica microfoliant.

Hopefully this work but I have also been contemplating using a retinol. I've also heard of not using cleansers and just washing with water.

A few people have tried retinol as a treatment. It varies between people and there's lots of things such as retin a (which damaged my skin) retinoids etc. Going down this route is totally up to you but ultimately you will need to remember your own specific skin type and how it reacts to things. I would research a bit so you can have an understanding for how it will effect your specific skin type (which is, what?)
You never know until you try it though. But, it can have consequences. For instance, I used Duac to treat my acne which has gone almost completely, but I am left with orange peel skin (and have been dealing with it for a few years now). Would've preferred to have the acne then this horrible texture to my face.

How is your new regime going? And how did you get this condition?

I am currently using a foam witch hazel wash, a cleansing astringent toner and niacinamide from The Ordinary in the morning.
Evenings consist of exactly the same routine, + retinoid 2% from The Ordinary. (This stuff is amazing for clearing acne scarring.)

P.S. if anyone has any updates or can share ANYTHING hat has helped them with this please share!!

MemberMember
(@h4nnz)

Posted : 07/23/2017 7:38 am

*bump*

Has anyone solved this??? Anyone?????

I don't think I can cope much longer.

Everything I have currently been doing just seems to be doing NOTHING to help me.

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/23/2017 9:41 am

What's your daily routine? Not skin related, but like school, work, etc. I know you said doing nothing to your face made it oily in the past, but perhaps it's something you'd need to try much longer. If you just stay at home, it might be worth trying again. What was the longest you tried it for?

MemberMember
(@dahlia-r)

Posted : 07/25/2017 2:09 pm

Hey, I thinkI've found a solution.

Backstory of my skin:
I have the same issue as you. Just not on my forehead but all along my cheeks and I have this gross sand paper texture on my nose and the area around my nose is flaky and nastyyyy.I caused mine with AHA by using it every day and then going out in the sun even after my sunblock wore off. I guess I forgot about not going in the sun whilst using AHA which is ironic because I was told AHA fixes sun damaged skin but it made it worse. *shrugsssss* It has gotten so bad that I was out with my sister and she was like eesh your pores are huge. I was wearing a full face of makeup and feeling cute so it was sorta heart breaking.

Anyway, I remember watching this video of something called a skin fast (a video by Liah Yoo's video who is amazingggggggggg). it's basically about cutting your skincare to literally a non foaming cleanser, a good moisturizer and a sunblock. Even with this routine you wash your skin with the cleanser in the evening so in the morning you only use water.

I tried it and at first my skin freaked the fuck out but eventually it got used to it. Eventually, my pores started to look less like gaping holes and my skin now looks a lot more plump.

I also improved my diet to increase water retention and health in general. I've cut out a lot of diuretics like coffee, I cut out all added sugar to my diet because I realised that when I ate a lot of sugary things (ie; multiple cereal bars and fruit juices, sugary cereals, etc) my skin would feel itchy and look dull. I also drink a lot of water and try to get as much sleep possible.

I slowly introduced things into my skincare but only good ingredients like The Ordinary's Niacinamidesolution which helped oiliness anf a tiny dot of The Ordinary's Azelaic acid suspension on any spots or closed comedones in the night. I also use a hydraulic acid serum after I take of my foundation and double cleanse then I use a really moisturizing sheet mask (only bc I have so many and need to use them up)

My pores are still bigger than the average person's but with research I realised that dehydration and damage the skin barrier just makes them look a lot bigger so improving my hydration and rebuilding that skin barrier helps it. I heard retinol helps skin texture but I want to rebuild my skin before trying it out and in the winter when there is less sun. Even so, I'll only use it once a week.

I hope this helps and if you find another solution that involves slathering less moisture on my face then please tell me because it gets annoying after a while.

(link to liah's video and some pore research stuff)

[Link removed]

MemberMember
(@oxalis)

Posted : 07/27/2017 10:01 am

What I would try is, since I have large nose pores and they get full of gunk and I have to do this to shrink them:

Use a black peel mask or any sort of peel that you can use to vacuum the dirt getting into the pores since they are large.

Of course you should always cleanse before doing this so I'd suggest some sort of acid cleanser with glycolic or salicylicacid...

After doing these two steps I would use a white (maybe even red in your case) kaolin clay mask (maybe even a french green clay mask if these don't work) as it pulls out excess oil and moisture and closes your pores up nice and tight. You can get kaolin clay masks that have tea tree oils or sulfur which may be beneficial as well but if there's no acne on the pores you probably don't need those.

That's what I'd try first anyway... it does help for my nose which has had huge pores and gunk stuck in them for like ten years before I started doing things like this to it.

MemberMember
(@reitz13)

Posted : 07/28/2017 2:45 am

I have similar issue but I try everyhing to rebuilding my barrier skin! I should try produts from Korea
like Snail, hyaluronic acid and this his was my ultimate shot : Sulwhasoo HerblinicRestorative Ampoules.
I hope she works for us!

Ps: Sorry about my english
regards from Brazil.

MemberMember
(@h4nnz)

Posted : 07/30/2017 5:49 am

On 25/07/2017 at 8:09 PM, Dahlia.r said:

Hey, I thinkI've found a solution.

Backstory of my skin:
I have the same issue as you. Just not on my forehead but all along my cheeks and I have this gross sand paper texture on my nose and the area around my nose is flaky and nastyyyy.I caused mine with AHA by using it every day and then going out in the sun even after my sunblock wore off. I guess I forgot about not going in the sun whilst using AHA which is ironic because I was told AHA fixes sun damaged skin but it made it worse. *shrugsssss* It has gotten so bad that I was out with my sister and she was like eesh your pores are huge. I was wearing a full face of makeup and feeling cute so it was sorta heart breaking.

Anyway, I remember watching this video of something called a skin fast (a video by Liah Yoo's video who is amazingggggggggg). it's basically about cutting your skincare to literally a non foaming cleanser, a good moisturizer and a sunblock. Even with this routine you wash your skin with the cleanser in the evening so in the morning you only use water.

I tried it and at first my skin freaked the fuck out but eventually it got used to it. Eventually, my pores started to look less like gaping holes and my skin now looks a lot more plump.

I also improved my diet to increase water retention and health in general. I've cut out a lot of diuretics like coffee, I cut out all added sugar to my diet because I realised that when I ate a lot of sugary things (ie; multiple cereal bars and fruit juices, sugary cereals, etc) my skin would feel itchy and look dull. I also drink a lot of water and try to get as much sleep possible.

I slowly introduced things into my skincare but only good ingredients like The Ordinary's Niacinamidesolution which helped oiliness anf a tiny dot of The Ordinary's Azelaic acid suspension on any spots or closed comedones in the night. I also use a hydraulic acid serum after I take of my foundation and double cleanse then I use a really moisturizing sheet mask (only bc I have so many and need to use them up)

My pores are still bigger than the average person's but with research I realised that dehydration and damage the skin barrier just makes them look a lot bigger so improving my hydration and rebuilding that skin barrier helps it. I heard retinol helps skin texture but I want to rebuild my skin before trying it out and in the winter when there is less sun. Even so, I'll only use it once a week.

I hope this helps and if you find another solution that involves slathering less moisture on my face then please tell me because it gets annoying after a while.

(link to liah's video and some pore research stuff)

[Link removed]

Ahhh I'm so glad you've found something that is working for you!! And you use The Ordinary products!! YESSSS. Funnily enough, right before I came to check my notifications I ordered some more niacinimiade and The azaleic acid suspension you just talked about!!

I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND SOMETHING THAT WORKS TOO!!!

Talking about building up the barrier of our skin and hydrating it because of the damaged caused...I honestly think niacinamide is the way forward. I've been using it for a couple months now and noticed it has drastically improved the oilyness of my skin. HOWEVER, if you apply it like 4-6 x A DAY, it works like a CHARM. I did it for a day and immediately noticed a difference. BUT, you must be consistent if you want to see noticeable results. Apply it after your morning routine up to 6 x a day, and literally slather it on. You might want to stock up as you can use it up pretty quickly doing this. I would recommend not washing your face (either wash it @ morning time and apply, or wash in evening and apply). You MUST make sure it has sunk into your skin before applying another layer of it.

I think what might be happening is the niacinamide is sinking into the skin helping to restore and rejuvenate the damaged barrier. Niacinamide is one of the ingredients that I've gets absorbed into the skin within a couple of minutes. When applying it frequently you may notice it tingle slightly, but it's nothing to worry about and is working its magic.

As i say, I haven't been that consistent at the moment with this just because it's difficult when I have to wear makeup to work etc. (I do apply it before application of makeup though) Would recommend doing it in the evening. Maybe every hour? Just so you can slather it on as much as possible and achieve maximum results.

Really hope this helps! As for retinol, I use the retinoid 2% from The Ordinary almost everyday (my skin is used to it) and it's amazing for hyperpigmentation or acne marks/scars. You can apply it with the niacinimde but once in the evening only depending on how sensitive your skin is.

Good luck guys, hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@user609833)

Posted : 07/30/2017 9:14 am

Any picture updates?

MemberMember
(@phuong-nguyen)

Posted : 08/03/2017 12:47 pm

Don't use retinol.. it will make your skin worse. Stay away from exfoliant all together. And to rebuild skin barrier I highly suggest cherryl lee MD. I bought the moisturizer and cream. They both have ceramides and lipids and niacanimide and working wonderfully. Whatever you do stay away from retinol I promise you.

Nyc7 and Yola4 liked
MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 08/04/2017 1:31 pm

Hey guys I'm dealing with the same orange peel texture after Retin A use. My case is very severe. So severe that I'm unable to wear makeup to even attempt to cover it up. I have actual linear indentations, fine lines everywhere from pores connecting themselves, cracks, and what looks like a thin layer of Vaseline covering my face. I was trying to stay off the forums as to not confuse myself, but it's progressively getting worse and is taking over my life. I've been contacting manufacturers and estheticians and so far I've gotten two responses with protocols. We obviously need to heal the skin and repair the barrier damage. But it's finding something that works for you that takes time and patience. I'm also taking supplements, but it's too soon to tell if they are beneficial. If you haven't gotten a hormone panel done please do so. Even if you know it is barrier damage from a topical, if your hormones are screwed up it might be hindering your ability to heal. Unfortunately for us, this is all trial and error and we have to keep going until we find something that works. I'm waiting for more protocol emails, but I will come back tonight when I have more time, and post the Skin 2 Skin protocol that I was given. I really hope we all heal from this.

MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 08/05/2017 2:30 pm

These are the two routines one is just to minimize pores. Don't bite my head off if they don't work because I have not tried either of them yet. I'm using a different protocol designed by a manufacturer to plump the thinned dermal cushion, fix the damaged elasticity, lift the skin, and repair and regenerate it. I have another protocol from a manufacturer that I will not post because of controversial ingredients in it. If you're interested in it inbox me. However, skin 2 skin (osmosis is a good one too) seem to be reliable companies. Skin 2 Skin uses all natural ingredients too which is a plus. This was written by formulator Ken Simpson of Skin 2 Skin...
IMG_2754.PNGIMG_2752.PNGIMG_2753.PNG

ETA: I don't agree with his comment that it's the "overuse and incorrect use of the drug." I think some of us, regardless of what topical caused the barrier damage, just had an adverse reaction to it. Good luck to everyone.

MemberMember
(@mutualhippo)

Posted : 08/21/2017 5:01 pm

Hello. i stg H4nnz i thought your pictures were my face because mine looks identical to yours right now. i have dealt with this for a year and a half and didn't know how to fix it. I went on retin-a micro 0.01%, derm bumped up to 0.04% when my acne wasn't improving, and then finally bumped up again to 0.08%. it completely obliterated my skin barrier, making my pores HUGE and it also revealed indented scars. i have blackheads on my nose and cheeks as well. thousands of closed comedones on my face at the moment.

okay. this is what i have recently found out: the components of a well-functioning skin barrier consist of cholesterol, fatty acids, and ceramides. i think it is absolutely possible for us to repair our skin if we apply products containg these ingredients in the proper ratio, of course. the ratio should be a ceramide dominant 31 for optimal barrier repair results.

i'm currently alternating between hemp seed oil and safflower oil (high in oleic acid) to cleanse, and a combination of products to moisterize. no exfolaitong whatsoever (no physical or chemical expfoliation) as my skin is damaged and the skin barrier is compromised. after i cleanse, i pat my face dry and put on cera-ve moisturizing lotion, followed by skinceuticals triple lipid restore 22 (which is a barrier repair cream but itdoesn't have the "correct" ratio, which is why i use the cera-ve bc it has ceramides), and then i finish with a layer of vaseline to lock in the moisture.

i've only been doing this for a couple of days, but i will update if anyone is interested in my progress. i hope this works.

H4nnz liked
MemberMember
(@blobborg)

Posted : 08/22/2017 5:41 am

Hi guys I've been experiencing orange peel skin since 2013 after multiple chemical peels. I foolishly did lasers after that which only made the pores larger. I've been seeing more people talking about niacin so I'm wondering has it helped at all and also are there are any other things that have helped? I have been suffering for 4 years and it really is taking a toll on me.
Thank you for reading.

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 08/22/2017 6:57 am

I would go back to GP and ask for referral based on your skin's severe psychological impact on your life. Depression, don't want ti go out, blah , blah. Complain if they refuse to budge. If that doesn't work change gps. You deserve a chance to talk to a specialist. You cud discuss the options discussed above and others. I empathise. It's such a fight!!!!!

MemberMember
(@comfycozy2)

Posted : 08/23/2017 5:53 pm

On 7/30/2017 at 6:49 AM, H4nnz said:
Ahhh I'm so glad you've found something that is working for you!! And you use The Ordinary products!! YESSSS. Funnily enough, right before I came to check my notifications I ordered some more niacinimiade and The azaleic acid suspension you just talked about!!

I THINK I MAY HAVE FOUND SOMETHING THAT WORKS TOO!!!

Talking about building up the barrier of our skin and hydrating it because of the damaged caused...I honestly think niacinamide is the way forward. I've been using it for a couple months now and noticed it has drastically improved the oilyness of my skin. HOWEVER, if you apply it like 4-6 x A DAY, it works like a CHARM. I did it for a day and immediately noticed a difference. BUT, you must be consistent if you want to see noticeable results. Apply it after your morning routine up to 6 x a day, and literally slather it on. You might want to stock up as you can use it up pretty quickly doing this. I would recommend not washing your face (either wash it @ morning time and apply, or wash in evening and apply). You MUST make sure it has sunk into your skin before applying another layer of it.

I think what might be happening is the niacinamide is sinking into the skin helping to restore and rejuvenate the damaged barrier. Niacinamide is one of the ingredients that I've gets absorbed into the skin within a couple of minutes. When applying it frequently you may notice it tingle slightly, but it's nothing to worry about and is working its magic.

As i say, I haven't been that consistent at the moment with this just because it's difficult when I have to wear makeup to work etc. (I do apply it before application of makeup though) Would recommend doing it in the evening. Maybe every hour? Just so you can slather it on as much as possible and achieve maximum results.

Really hope this helps! As for retinol, I use the retinoid 2% from The Ordinary almost everyday (my skin is used to it) and it's amazing for hyperpigmentation or acne marks/scars. You can apply it with the niacinimde but once in the evening only depending on how sensitive your skin is.

Good luck guys, hope this helps.

Hey that's so good to hear! I also use niacinamide, but a serum that also has licorice root and green tea for damaged skin. I was worried about you!
The ordinary didn't work as well for me than this stuff, but we al have dif skin.

Btw, I started taking reservatrol supplements too after reading this
https://www.futurederm.com/why-you-should-use-niacinamide-only-with-resveratrol/

On 8/21/2017 at 6:01 PM, mutualhippo said:

Hello. i stg H4nnz i thought your pictures were my face because mine looks identical to yours right now. i have dealt with this for a year and a half and didn't know how to fix it. I went on retin-a micro 0.01%, derm bumped up to 0.04% when my acne wasn't improving, and then finally bumped up again to 0.08%. it completely obliterated my skin barrier, making my pores HUGE and it also revealed indented scars. i have blackheads on my nose and cheeks as well. thousands of closed comedones on my face at the moment.

okay. this is what i have recently found out: the components of a well-functioning skin barrier consist of cholesterol, fatty acids, and ceramides. i think it is absolutely possible for us to repair our skin if we apply products containg these ingredients in the proper ratio, of course. the ratio should be a ceramide dominant 31 for optimal barrier repair results.

i'm currently alternating between hemp seed oil and safflower oil (high in oleic acid) to cleanse, and a combination of products to moisterize. no exfolaitong whatsoever (no physical or chemical expfoliation) as my skin is damaged and the skin barrier is compromised. after i cleanse, i pat my face dry and put on cera-ve moisturizing lotion, followed by skinceuticals triple lipid restore 22 (which is a barrier repair cream but itdoesn't have the "correct" ratio, which is why i use the cera-ve bc it has ceramides), and then i finish with a layer of vaseline to lock in the moisture.

i've only been doing this for a couple of days, but i will update if anyone is interested in my progress. i hope this works.

Totally agree. I've been using this stuff (as well as other things from the site)
https://www.stratiaskin.com/products/liquid-gold
I seriously think it's the ceramides and the seabuckthorn oil that make this stuff a miracle. I had a similar bad reaction to retin a

MemberMember
(@mutualhippo)

Posted : 08/24/2017 4:30 pm

22 hours ago, ComfyCozy2 said:
Hey that's so good to hear! I also use niacinamide, but a serum that also has licorice root and green tea for damaged skin. I was worried about you!
The ordinary didn't work as well for me than this stuff, but we al have dif skin.

Btw, I started taking reservatrol supplements too after reading this
https://www.futurederm.com/why-you-should-use-niacinamide-only-with-resveratrol/
Totally agree. I've been using this stuff (as well as other things from the site)
https://www.stratiaskin.com/products/liquid-gold
I seriously think it's the ceramides and the seabuckthorn oil that make this stuff a miracle. I had a similar bad reaction to retin a

Hey, thanks for the reply! How long have you been using the liquid gold, and how long did it take before you saw improvement? Your success is very encouraging. Thank you so much.