Notifications
Clear all

RASH >> potential allergies ?

MemberMember
(@danageo)

Posted : 01/03/2017 10:30 am

I have taken so far 20 capsules of Isotretinoin 20mg but never noticed anything but dry lips and sole foot pain. yesterday, i took my pill in the afternoon and noticed very annoyingly itchy body. I have kept on scratching every part for like hours, and eventually ended up sleeping to stop. i thought it was just normal. today i took my pill like at 1:00pm at school and i got the same symptoms, in addition to formation of rash on my left hand and a bit on the right one. I don't know if this is eczema or rash or am i allergic to the accutane ? I have immediately contacted my dermatologist and he said , if you're allergic then you should have seen these symptoms from the start . Is that true ? he told me to continue on accuatne though until tomorrow. I'm really concerned about this ? AM i really allergic and if so, will this drive me to stop the accutane treatment ?

MemberMember
(@danageo)

Posted : 01/03/2017 6:28 pm

7 hours ago, DANAGEO said:

I have taken so far 20 capsules of Isotretinoin 20mg but never noticed anything but dry lips and sole foot pain. yesterday, i took my pill in the afternoon and noticed very annoyingly itchy body. I have kept on scratching every part for like hours, and eventually ended up sleeping to stop. i thought it was just normal. today i took my pill like at 1:00pm at school and i got the same symptoms, in addition to formation of rash on my left hand and a bit on the right one. I don't know if this is eczema or rash or am i allergic to the accutane ? I have immediately contacted my dermatologist and he said , if you're allergic then you should have seen these symptoms from the start . Is that true ? he told me to continue on accuatne though until tomorrow. I'm really concerned about this ? AM i really allergic and if so, will this drive me to stop the accutane treatment ?

Howlingmad

MemberMember
(@howlingmad)

Posted : 01/04/2017 4:47 am

Hey!

I am of not much use. I never dared to touch accutane. There are some older topics on this forum that have the same question as you though. They might have the answer you are looking for!

Google searchfor rash on hands caused by accutane: https://www.google.nl/?gws_rd=ssl#q=rash+on+hands+accutane+site:www.acne.org

Judging from this first resulta hand rash seemsto be a quite common problem. Maybe try washing your hands less, and moisturize them frequently?

An itchy body while on accutane also brings up plenty of information on google: https://www.google.nl/?gws_rd=ssl#q=itch+body+accutane+site:www.acne.org

Do you moisturize the rest of your body? Most topics on the body itch seem to suggest that moisturizing helps a lot! Accutane does not only dry the skin on your face, but also on the rest of your body.

Itching and rashes both are quite frequent side effects of accutane. So i do not think you are allergic. You are just experiencing the side effects, however inconvenient they might be. This is just my personal take though! Always listen to your derm instead of random people on the internet!

Keep us posted!