Notifications
Clear all

Facial steam for large whitehead?

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 12/22/2016 8:46 am

I've been getting some spots again lately which don't seem to heal and then another spot shows up in the same place.

Currently I have a rather large one under my lip/above my chin that appears to be forming whiteheads in multiple places. I want to try steaming my face to draw them out.

Questions before I steam...

Should I use a before I steam or just rinse my face in water then use cleanser after I steam? (currently use Quinoderm antibacterial face wash which contains BP and Salicylic Acid.

I've read about doing a warm compress to draw out the puss, but the idea of pushing something against a spot or aggravating it seems weird to me.

MemberMember
(@amrit-saini)

Posted : 12/23/2016 12:24 pm

It's probably an underground pimple. Underground Pimples are very notorious for keep coming at same place again and again.

Don't steam.

You can wait for the whitehead to fully form there and get collected on the top and when you feel it's time. Just a little press to remove all the white puss. Don't put all the force at once. Just a little press after an hour again for the remaining puss to be removed too and then cover it with a bandage or medical tape and ignore it for a day or two and it will probably settle down.